Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2012-11-18, 13:30
Magic Ball Master

If you're still in the market for Virtual Console games, buy them now. The first games are already being pulled with the Wii U launch ahead. And not just some obscure TurboGrafX games you've never heard of before. Donkey Kong Country will be gone by next week in America.
Old 2012-11-18, 20:14
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
yeah, thats just shocking. But I dont get it...what difference does it make if I pay Nintendo for the Wii copy or pay them for a WiiU copy
The games are transferable too anyway.

Does Nintendo actually think people will buy the WiiU for VC games? Seems unlikely...
but I cant think of another reason.
Old 2012-11-18, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
yeah, thats just shocking. But I dont get it...what difference does it make if I pay Nintendo for the Wii copy or pay them for a WiiU copy
The games are transferable too anyway.

Does Nintendo actually think people will buy the WiiU for VC games? Seems unlikely...
but I cant think of another reason.
five bucks says that people would buy the wiiu just for the VCgame.... (i'm buying it beacuse its nintendo)
Editwhy didn't you guys tell me i messed up the spelling?)

Last edited by Ditzy Doo; 2012-11-19 at 17:29.
Old 2012-11-19, 09:41
LBA2 Maestro

Yesterday I played Aliens VS Predator 2010 for the first time, pretty cool game and nice graphics ;D
Old 2012-11-20, 19:15
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_matrox View Post
Couldn't agree more. I actually like the whole Hitman saga, and the new hitman that is about to come out "Hitman: Absolution" looks really cool, there is a bonus mission for anyone who preordered the game, "Hitman: Sniper challenge" and you can tell the style hasn't changed.
I've been playing Absolution for 3 or 4 days at a friend's who works in a gaming store and I'm disappointed to tell you Absolution is not as great as blood money. Less freedom, looks more like a Splinter Cell game than a real hitman game... only in some missions you have multiple choices to kill a target, in most levels you don't have to kill a target, but progress, going on, reaching a certain place, like any other stealth game. I'm kind of disappointed, but I can't say it's a bad game, it's just not in the hitman style. It's made of missions with multiple levels, not one mission only contracts... Maybe I just need to get used to it, it's just not what I expected. I bought Blood Money without thinking a minute about it... I don't feel the same way about Absolution.

EDIT: Finished... it took only 7-9 hours. What a disappointment... Not going to buy, instead I just discovered by accident that blood money is FREE with google chrome! If you haven't played the game yet, do it now! It works perfectly, you just need chrome and an add on by square enix
http://beta.coreonline.com/hitman-blood-money/

Last edited by Streg; 2012-11-21 at 16:51.
Old 2012-11-26, 17:59
this's longer than allowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
I've been playing Absolution for 3 or 4 days at a friend's who works in a gaming store and I'm disappointed to tell you Absolution is not as great as blood money. Less freedom, looks more like a Splinter Cell game than a real hitman game... only in some missions you have multiple choices to kill a target, in most levels you don't have to kill a target, but progress, going on, reaching a certain place, like any other stealth game. I'm kind of disappointed, but I can't say it's a bad game, it's just not in the hitman style. It's made of missions with multiple levels, not one mission only contracts... Maybe I just need to get used to it, it's just not what I expected. I bought Blood Money without thinking a minute about it... I don't feel the same way about Absolution.

EDIT: Finished... it took only 7-9 hours. What a disappointment... Not going to buy, instead I just discovered by accident that blood money is FREE with google chrome! If you haven't played the game yet, do it now! It works perfectly, you just need chrome and an add on by square enix
http://beta.coreonline.com/hitman-blood-money/
I was going to buy Absolution today, but since I don't want to waste money, I'll try it out first. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 2012-11-27, 16:26
the legend

Anyone tried Limbo ?

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-11-27, 21:23
the legend

Haha, nope, not that one.

THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBwfZ8iAYU

Winner of over 90 awards, highly rated by critics, acclaimed as a masterpiece by players.
And I tend to agree, even though I have discovered it only yesterday and played just a bit.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-11-27, 22:58
Polly parrot

I didn't play it fully, but true, it seems wonderful so far.
Old 2012-11-28, 01:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Haha, nope, not that one.

THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBwfZ8iAYU

Winner of over 90 awards, highly rated by critics, acclaimed as a masterpiece by players.
And I tend to agree, even though I have discovered it only yesterday and played just a bit.
Looks nice!

00:28 is that a mosquebee?
Old 2012-11-28, 02:14
the legend

No, just a giant mosquito.

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2012-11-29 at 01:20.
Old 2012-11-28, 09:30
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Both the last window and Hotel Dusk are in my list, but I'm waiting for a more calm moment to play an adventure I've never played before... Oh, ok, actually I totally forgot I had these games, I'm starting The Last Window today while I wait for the bus/tube! :P
Old 2012-11-28, 12:39
Polly parrot

Limbo can be played on PC (via steam).
Old 2012-11-28, 15:51
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Like iTunes for games, only not run by a evil mega corp.
http://store.steampowered.com/
Old 2012-11-28, 22:58
Polly parrot

Quote:
Like iTunes for games, only not run by a evil mega corp.

Couldn't have said better. Although they do have commercial sales and stuff like eveyone

Zee, you have a DS ? I didn't know that... There is a game you must play :

Rhythm Paradise.

Rhythm game, yeah, when I tried it, I was like "So, I'll probably be pushing buttons in rhythm, what's so great in that ?"
But it's extremely inventive, simple, and vary entertainable
Old 2012-11-29, 19:12
Polly parrot

Oh, and Knytt Stories.
Darkflame made a post somewhere in this thread I think about it, it is an awesome platformer !
Old 2012-11-29, 19:15
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Guess what? I started by playing the last window, instead of hotel dusk first... doh!
It's not ruining my game experience so far, even if there are some referals to the prequel every now and then. It's a great game (love the 2d graphics and the amount of dioligs/freedom/realism in it), but it's kind of easy... That's how a game you're supposed to play in the street should be, I guess. Might be the first NDS game my mom will ever play, because I'm trying to convince her to do it after I finish it ^_^

I'm not that excited about the 3DS, but I might buy one in a few years, if I find a good bargain (I bought my DSi XL for 70 EUR )

Staying on topic... My favourite game so far on NDS is Scribblenauts
Old 2012-12-01, 00:34
Magic Ball Master

Sonic Generations. Best sonic game since the Sonic Adventure series on Dreamcast.

Xchanger is there such a tool?

Or just the imagination of a boy...

amygdala

Old 2012-12-05, 23:47
Magic Level: Green Ball

I just finished Trine 2 http://youtu.be/EfE25JTFgko (It is Russian review, but watch it anyway, it is ease to understand what is this game about). Beautiful music, the most beautiful graphic I've ever seen and nice engine to allow you to play with a different objects on the map.
Actually I have a feeling that I finished Trine 2 wrong way, some kind of cheeting. But this leaves a good impress.

Right now I play a first game, Trine 1. It is not so much fun as second game, but I think it is like LBA2 and LBA1 for me: I played second LBA first and that's why I liked it more
Old 2012-12-06, 00:49

Pitfall
Old 2012-12-06, 21:34
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_matrox View Post
Pitfall
wow, hardcore.

Unless your playing on one of those emulators with rewind that makes everything easy :P
Old 2012-12-06, 21:57
Magic Ball Master

I'm currently playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Dat voice acting!
Old 2012-12-06, 22:32

Quote:
wow, hardcore.

Unless your playing on one of those emulators with rewind that makes everything easy :P
Ha ha no that would be cheating, I'm playing it in an old IBM laptop I use for writing, I can't give it many use so when I get bored I play old games

PS: I sent you a pm
Old 2012-12-12, 06:56
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

It will sound little strange but i am still playing tekken :0
Old 2012-12-12, 14:15
LBA2 Maestro

LBA1 is from late 1994. The first Tekken game is from 1995.
Nope it's not strange.

Tags
games, videogames