Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2012-12-12, 16:15
this's longer than allowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2 View Post
It will sound little strange but i am still playing tekken :0
Somebody should update the bot's database
Old 2012-12-12, 18:59
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Finished The Last Window for NDS and it was really great. I enjoyed it even if I didn't know Hotel Dusk came first. I am now playing Hotel Dusk, and it feels even better than the second for setting and speed, even if the main character has more charisma in the second game.

The Last Window is great, but a little to easy imho, and when it gets hard in the end it's also pretty random, but it's still a great game. It's a shame the makers have gone bankrupt and we'll hardly see another sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2 View Post
It will sound little strange but i am still playing tekken :0
Do you have any link to download it?
Old 2012-12-16, 15:29
Zebrazilla

Little Big Adventure 1

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2012-12-19, 17:44
the legend

Anyone here up for a FPS match?

Currently I play Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic and Counter-Strike 1.6 (yeah all old games, old PC ftw!).

I'd love to headshot some of you.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:55
Polly parrot

Never played any of those, except cs1.6 in a cyber-cafe once...
Old 2012-12-20, 12:47
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

I hate fps games. I haven't been playing an online fps since Enemy Territory
Old 2012-12-20, 13:01
the legend

Aw.
Old 2012-12-20, 17:03
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
I hate fps games. I haven't been playing an online fps since Enemy Territory
Heh, I used to play Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory! Then the spiritual successor, Quake Wars:Enemy Territory came out and me and my friends switched to it. Too bad the company who made it dropped support for it almost immediately and that pretty much killed off the game's community.
Nowadays I just very sporadically play a little TF2 with a couple of friends, I'm not much of an FPS connoisseur though, most of them bore me.
Old 2012-12-20, 17:48
this's longer than allowe

I used to play cs1.6 and it was awesome if I ever remember my steam password or the email I used I'll install it again so I can beat you sgk.
Old 2012-12-20, 20:09
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Heh, I used to play Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory! Then the spiritual successor, Quake Wars:Enemy Territory came out and me and my friends switched to it. Too bad the company who made it dropped support for it almost immediately and that pretty much killed off the game's community.
Nowadays I just very sporadically play a little TF2 with a couple of friends, I'm not much of an FPS connoisseur though, most of them bore me.
I'm not 100% sure, but I remember that you and me played some matches together in the same server a couple of years ago? It's some memories I had buried in the most obscure parts of my brains, until I read this post! I think we used to chat on MSN too in order to go in the same server... or perhaps I'm getting confused with some other italian MBN member (not that there were many!)... Darn, I can't remember... Who the hell messed with my memories?!
Old 2012-12-20, 22:22
the legend

Challenge accepted, Carajo.

Quote:
Who the hell messed with my memories?!
Alcohol?

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-12-20, 23:02

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure, but I remember that you and me played some matches together in the same server a couple of years ago? It's some memories I had buried in the most obscure parts of my brains, until I read this post! I think we used to chat on MSN too in order to go in the same server... or perhaps I'm getting confused with some other italian MBN member (not that there were many!)... Darn, I can't remember... Who the hell messed with my memories?!
Mmh, I don't think it was me... At least, I'm fairly sure I stopped playing Wolfenstein:ET at least a couple of years before officially joining the MBN, either way that is a pretty big coincidence
Old 2012-12-21, 09:26
LBA2 Maestro

Only shooters I played/play are Call of Duty 4 and yes, Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Epic game.
Old 2013-01-05, 13:51
the legend

"Balloon Fight"

Old 2013-01-05, 14:57
Le Kuck qui rit

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 to create and inspect savegames that I am trying to decipher (I'm keeping a database of my best roller coasters, and to make it easier, I want import them from the savegame automatically. It already works for RCT1 ^_^)

Old 2013-01-22, 14:28
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Finished Hotel Dusk for NDS. The ending makes no sense at all, it's like enjoying a long good movie until the very end, where nothing gets revelaed. The last window is much better, I'm glad I've played it first.

I'm playing the whole Ace Attorney series, I'm at the third game now.
The first one is pretty cool, the second one is stupid, the third one seems better than the second. The games are cool but there are way too many exagerations, not to mention long and unnecessary/unfunny dialogues...
A series I'm enjoying, but I'd hardly replay.
Old 2013-01-22, 15:59
Polly parrot

The Layton series are those kind of games for me, they build up something interesting and rational during the whole game and at the end... ALIENS !
Seriously, I was disappointed at first, then from th third I learned that it's better not paying attention to the story and enjoying the riddles.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:11

Loved Ace Attorney. But not Apollo Justice, that one was meh at best and screwed up everything that happened in the series for nonsensical reasons (SPOILER: Phoenix losing his whole career and turning into a lazy hobo because a childish psycho attorney couldn't bear losing a poker game? Yeah no thanks.)

Right now I'm playing Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask which I got for my birthday last month, so far I'm liking it a lot more than the Last Spectre. The 3D models used for the characters instead of the good old pictures work a lot better than I expected, so surprisingly I have no complaints about them. Also the game's artwork and animated cutscenes greatly benefit from the 3DS bigger screen resolution.
Old 2013-01-22, 20:30
Polly parrot

I liked Apollo Justice a bit less than the three previous ones, but it was still good. The next however... Ace Attorney investigation, you think playing as Miles Edgeworth would be cool right ? Well it isn't ! He isn't that cool at all there, he is pompous, not sure of himself, rash etc... And the game has no tribunal scene !? Phoeey !
And you don't attack, you still defend, you try to prove that someone is the culprit, because every time ONE OF YOUR FRIEND GETS ACCUSED !!! A horrible game, no wonder the second one didn't make it outside of Japan.
Old 2013-01-22, 20:41

-More spoilers incoming for those who haven't played the whole series-

Spoiler:
Investigations was ok to me, nothing memorable but at least it didn't trash everything that happened before it like Apollo Justice... Seriously, at the end of Trials & Tribulations we finally see Mia leaving Phoenix with both her and Godot declaring that he is finally a full-fledged attorney who can handle his own, and then what? Am I supposed to believe that a couple of months later (seriously) he loses everything he has worked for the past 3 years for such a silly reason? It's just disrespectful to both the character and the player, it makes it look like everything that happened in three games eventually amounted to nothing.

EDIT- I actually forgot spoiler tags existed for some reason

Last edited by Lawrence; 2013-01-22 at 21:34.
Old 2013-01-22, 21:22
Polly parrot

Never thought about it that way.
If you use spoilers, why don't you use spoiler tags ?

My sister also had problems identifying with Apollo, saying that after three games, Phoenix isn't somebody else, she is Phoenix ! Strangely, I don't remember having too much problem with it.
Old 2013-01-22, 21:26
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
This is real disapointing. I played the first game (DS version) and loved it, was looking forward to the other (5?) games
Old 2013-01-22, 21:30
Polly parrot

The three afterwards are fine, but if there's something you disliked in the first, you'll have to learn to live with it.
Old 2013-01-22, 21:38

Yeah the original trilogy is great and the other two are still enjoyable (if a bit controversial among fans) at worst you can pretend the series ended with the third game :P
Also I wonder if Ace Attorney 5 for the 3DS will eventually arrive here in europe. And since Phoenix is back as the protagonist, whether or not Apollo Justice's story will be ignored/retconned
Old 2013-02-06, 12:00
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

I finished the original trilogy and I'm playing Investigations. I have to admit the first three are better in terms of storyline, but I still feel the first one is the best, you had to think more to solve your trials. I have to say Investigations is quite cool actually, being able to see your character move in third person has more importance than I thought.

I also started playing The Cave by Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert. The concept is nice, the humour is there, the funny graphics and Lucas Arts references too. It reminds me a lot of Trine, but it's much better. But it lacks of a deep storyline... actually, it's like there's no storyline at all. Still enjoying it!

Tags
games, videogames