Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2009-06-26, 19:17
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

timing is good for LBA3?

Seems like now is as good a time as any for a LBA sequel; Sam & Max is doing well on Telltale games, and they are also working on a new version of the original Monkey Island series game, Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in the works (not as old but another great example of an adventure game), and now Syndicate's creator from Bullfrog is planning work on a sequel.
Old 2009-06-26, 20:34
Magic Ball Master

Meh, the time is always good for a sequel. Fred and his team have to convince publishers of the concept. Right now, we really don't know what the hell Fred is up to as of late.
Old 2009-06-26, 21:31
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Maybe we might ask him how things are going with him. I think we haven't heard from him lately, maybe in the past year...
Old 2009-06-26, 21:32
The return of

Im starting to believe someone needs to convince Fred and his team of the concept.
Old 2009-06-26, 21:35
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Does he have a team ATM?
Old 2009-06-26, 21:49
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
Im starting to believe someone needs to convince Fred and his team of the concept.
Yeah, honestly, I think we have a pretty slim chance of LBA coming, simply because Fred seems almost indifferent at this point.
Old 2009-06-26, 22:35
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I think Fred is just happy to have work period.
You cant really call it indifferent unless he was churning out lots of non-lba games....he isnt.
He might be doing something at Ubisoft now [maybe], but nothing has come out of him really in a decade; And I strongly suspect that isnt his fault in the slightest.
---
Remember also; Monkey Island and Sam and Max are distributed episodically, and are far easier games to make cheaply then LBA.
(no offence to anyone involved with those games, of course, but the difference in budget here is probably at least 1/10th)
Old 2009-06-26, 22:52
Magic Ball Master

I guess that's my thing though, I mean, he has other projects (I guess, I don't follow his career closely).
Old 2009-06-26, 23:03
The return of

No one knows what he's working on. Personally, I have become more interested in what Didier and co are doing, partly because a mysterious someone in their team mentioned a mysterious something big in the mysterious works.
Old 2009-06-26, 23:13
Magic Ball Master

Something...Little Big?
Old 2009-06-27, 12:40
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
Something...Little Big?
I wanted to say that.
Well anything coming from the original members of the LBA team is bound to have a nice vibe. We just need more adventure genre games!
Old 2009-06-27, 21:38
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Indeed.
Even vaguely-related stuff like Soul Bubbles would keep me happy, as long as it was the same excellent quality.
Old 2009-06-28, 04:02
Polish Pride

Yea well it seems that atm, that Fred is going for quality over quantity. I just hope he latches onto an opportunity for an adventure game soonish, of course preferably an LBA 3. For some reason I think that LBA 3 would be his preferred choice were he to make an adventure game, its just so difficult atm to make an adventure game of quality in this day and age with all the standards that come with it (not gameplay wise, i.e graphics, and stuff). It looks like Fred's a perfectionist, I think he just wants to get it right the first time, he seems to be rather proud of the LBA series.
not knowing when to laugh or cry,
Break the surface,
and tell me what you really see,
When did we stop believing?
When did we say goodbye?
Old 2009-07-03, 12:37
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I really miss LBA,i really really want LBA3
Old 2009-07-04, 02:35
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via MSN to Aruchi89
I REALLY dont want to be heavy, but if we dont try to make something to call publishers or Fred's attention WHO is going to do it.. I mean there are millions of games out there, why would anyone (except from us) would even have the idea of LBA 3??? I think we need to do something and see how it turns, honestly i feel a little sad cause (i dont want to offend) but i feel like we are walking away on LBA and leaving it to the destiny or luck... I made a thread proposing an idea and only a few people answered me...! I think it would be great if we could try to do something to call attention...
Old 2009-07-07, 21:26
The return of

Problem is, earlier this year I spoke to people close to Fred, and basically all avenues are closed thus far regarding lba. Little worlds is too busy with its own projects to contribute, fred cannot work without little worlds, P Vachey is somewhere in India teaching a course on game design, and Paul De Sennivile owns the LBA rights.

Contacting Paul will result in him thinking there is a significant demand for lba3, thus making securing the rights for lba3 more (or much more) expensive. Publishers are, like most people, only interisted in making a profit, thus there is little evidence that LBA will reek the profits. Didier and co are currently, like the rest of the world, interested in staying afloat during this crisis, so a gamble on lba would be too risky, and Fred is already tied up with other projects.

Its a waiting game, LBA3 will be one day, of that i am sure. Soon, probably not? On the plus side, the fact that a game series was resserected so long after the original installments would probably provide quite a bit of publicity, striking a cord with old school gamers.
Old 2009-07-07, 22:46
Classic

Yes, the Paul situation is annoying as it puts us in a catch-22 situation;
Creating demand = good for publishers, but means Paul wont sale of the rights cheaply
Lack of demand = cheap rights, but bad for publishing chances >_<

I honestly think the best we can do now is to help Little-Worlds studios, and any other projects and efforts by people related to LBA.
They might not be making big epic games we love yet, but the more they succeed the more they will be able to afford to do.
Old 2009-07-07, 23:04
LOLwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
...and Fred is already tied up with other projects.
Yeah, I think we'd love to know them

I hope he's programming the third coming of Jesus or something like that, if there's going to be a reason for his deadly lack of news.

Old 2009-07-08, 00:23
Classic

or its just a bog-standard nda that 99% of game studios have with all their staff.
Old 2009-07-08, 05:49
LOLwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
or its just a bog-standard nda that 99% of game studios have with all their staff.
But it must be something complicated or he would be speaking by now.

3 fucking years mate!!

(I know, I know games nowadays take more time than last decade)

Old 2009-07-08, 07:14
Pudding Warrior

Send a message via ICQ to BlazinBlack
With this note at the news: "On a related note, Sébastien Viannay also informs us that Parcal Dubois, who formly worked on LBA2 has also joined their team."
I got new hope... Isn't it possible that, as time goes by, they'll be able to produce more complex games with high qualitiy, and more former LBA-Teammates will join Little-World Studios... I can imagine that LBA3 will be a topic in one of their meetings.
We just have to keep asking/begging/helping/(whatever...^^) them, so that they can't forget about it.
At the moment it's nearly impossible to think that they'll have enough time for making LBA3 among the other games. But we have to hope and keep time on our side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
Maybe we might ask him how things are going with him. I think we haven't heard from him lately, maybe in the past year...
And as Renesans said, i think it would really be a good idea about asking them - or only Fred, about how things are going and wether we can't do anything for him.

Greetings
Old 2009-07-08, 09:13
Master of Science & Magic

Maybe the Adeline Software games appearing on GoG.com will change things.
Or maybe LWS is working on a spiritual successor of LBA.
Old 2009-07-08, 10:38
Classic

I think LittleWorld will work on stuff like LBA when they have the money to do it safely. I think it will be small steps for awhile. DVD games>>PC/DS Puzzle games is where they have gone so far. Maybe next would be a small platform game or something.

I'm seeing Adeline <> Little World as being like Telltale Games is to Lucas Arts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post
But it must be something complicated or he would be speaking by now.

3 fucking years mate!!
Not really, I think its fairly standard for someone in a company not be allowed to speak about what they are working on.
For all we know he has switched games a few times, or projects were canceled, or he was never working on one game to start with, but rather just advising on multiple.
Old 2009-07-13, 16:45
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via MSN to Aruchi89
I think that there must be a balance between offer and demand I mean, it cant be possible that we have to go to the extremes, like too many demand = high rights price and low demand = low publicists interest, I think that maybe we should make something little to call the press attention, i dont know like making a fundraiser and then gather in a crowded place of Europe, like Paris or Rome or whatever and create a hugh twinsen balloon... i know it sounds as if i am completely insane but i just suggest it like an example, something like this would atract like some 'mid-attention'.. i am really convinced that since we all share this inmense love for this games, we should do something that matters, i mean we dont have anything to lose right?