Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2009-07-01, 22:33
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Making the LBAWin window bigger.

Hi,

I was wondering if you could make the LBAWin window bigger without going fullscreen. I'm asking this because if i try making it go fullscreen the game starts corrupting with funky colours everywhere! I'm using Windows 7 RC Ultimate 64-bit by the way (But i think its a Vista problem too).

Any help with be appreciated.
Old 2009-07-01, 23:33
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Yes and no.

No, the native resolution is 640*480, and it can't render anything else while your other desktop stays in shape.

But yes, you can use magnifying tools maybe. I know I did it to get LBA2 fullscreen. Magnifying tools are usually for visually impaired computer users but it has other uses too, like in this case.

Note I'm not sure of all this, but I'm however sure it's quite troublesome to solve this. Why not play 640*480?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2009-07-02, 20:29
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Hi guys,
I can confirm that it's not as easy as it seems... I already tried to made this option available, but it was not satifying enough, because unless you resize it by x2 (1280x960), x3 (1920x1440), etc. you get some visual artefact I could not be pleased with
I know I didn't spend any time on LbaWin since a long long time (eh, LWS get all my time !), but anyway, if it's not yet already referenced (I can't guarantee that today), please report it in the wish lists on LbaWin report site, in order I keep a track on it, because like you I now got a huge screen and it appears at a very poor small window on my desktop
I'll also have a look with interest on the second point, I admit I still not tested it on Vista nor 7.
Regards
Old 2009-07-02, 21:06

Lbas, are you really Sébastien Viannay? Is your e-mail at the lbawin website still active? If not, can you give me an e-mail to contact you?
Thank you,
Renesans
Old 2009-07-02, 21:17

LBAWinOwns: Thanks for the responce. Your suggestion seems to work. However I find it annoying that the x3 sized mouse always has to be right next to the window as moving it off-screen moves the magnifier aswell. So i was wondering is there anyway to 'Lock' the magnifier in place?

Lbas: First off i'd like to thank you for your role in 2 of the best games i've ever played. Anyway, i think the graphical glitches in fullscreen mode in Vista has already been reported on the site pretty recently (In 2009) so i don't think i'll need to report it again.

I know it's annoying right. A small 640*480 box in the middle of a 1680*1050 monitor doesn't give you the right feel for the game does it.
Old 2009-07-02, 22:17
Master of Science & Magic

What video card do you have? For example with nVidia video cards you have an option to keep the aspect ratio when changing the screen resolution (useful for 4:3 games on 16:10 screens).
Old 2009-07-02, 22:44

I have an Asus EAH4850. Is there anyway to keep the aspect ratio with ATI based cards?

Thanks.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:49
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
If you have the ATI control stuff installed there should be an option in there. What's it called again? Catalyst or something I think.
Old 2009-07-03, 07:50
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Renesans: Yes, my mail is still active, even if I'm not very reactive on it (I know I missed to answer to some of messages, please accept my apologize...

elmuerte: hi guy ! you're right for the aspect ratio control, but it's mainly useful in fullscreen mode. What moothead asked for was an option to resize the window in Windowed mode.
Old 2009-07-03, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbas View Post
Renesans: Yes, my mail is still active, even if I'm not very reactive on it (I know I missed to answer to some of messages, please accept my apologize...
Thank you Sébastien. I sent you an e-mail then. I wouldn't like to disturb you, so please answer when you have time.
Old 2009-07-03, 12:28
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbas View Post
elmuerte: hi guy ! you're right for the aspect ratio control, but it's mainly useful in fullscreen mode. What moothead asked for was an option to resize the window in Windowed mode.
I know, but the main reason why people play in Windowed mode is because they have a wide-screen monitor, and in fullscreen mode it will stretch the 4:3 window to fit in the wide-screen resolution (which looks terrible). For that reason you often have the option to change the way non-wide-screen resolutions are presented.

For nVidia cards:

For ATI/AMD cards:

For Intel cards:
Old 2009-07-03, 17:03
LOLwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuerte View Post
I know, but the main reason why people play in Windowed mode is because they have a wide-screen monitor, and in fullscreen mode it will stretch the 4:3 window to fit in the wide-screen resolution (which looks terrible). For that reason you often have the option to change the way non-wide-screen resolutions are presented.

For nVidia cards:

For ATI/AMD cards:

For Intel cards:
Loved you for that. Thank you Master of Science.

Old 2009-07-03, 17:37

GAH! Because i'm using Windows 7 i can't enable GPU scaling. I think i may aswell go back to XP, compatibility is such an issue with new OS's.

Thanks for the responces!
Jordan.