Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2011-09-08, 09:10
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
So you just have to modify Screen Mode value 0 to 2. Exit Notepad, say Yes to save changes, and run the game again it will be full screen.
Thanks!
Old 2011-09-08, 21:37
strange dreamer

Added "boxonites" to portuguese version !
Attached Files
File Type: txt bOxOn_text_PT.txt‎ (2.1 KB, 90 views)
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2011-09-08, 23:18
Not really new

Jeudi 8 septembre, nouvelle version :)

Hi,

Here is again a new version (SpaceGuitarist you were just in time !)

I changed the way the language files are copied: now those files are overwritten if the game exe file date is newer than your txt file. Which will be usually the case when you upgrade the game.
So:

WARNING NEW BEHAVIOR, if you made unsubmitted changes in some bOxOn_text_??.txt files backup them before running the new version.

I added in all languages a (c) in front of 2011 in credits.
(I didn't manage to put it at the right place in hebrew )

I added a new text line (the last one) which says: "Buy the Full Version"
It's a web link at the bottom of the levels list that opens your browser on the bOxOn page where the PayPal button will be.

Added a real feedback for mouse over on the levels list... (I hate unconsistent interface as Odysseus )
Old 2011-09-08, 23:40
Do the evolution.

Buy the full version is "Kup pełną wersję" in Polish - in case you'd like to add that!
Old 2011-09-09, 00:09
strange dreamer

Yeah I think it's good to have it translated as well.

"Compre o jogo completo!" in port.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2011-09-09, 02:21
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
"Buy Full Version" = "Compra la versione completa!" to you
Attached Files
File Type: txt bOxOn_text_IT.txt‎ (2.3 KB, 81 views)
Old 2011-09-09, 14:18
Not really new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
Buy the full version is "Kup pełną wersję" in Polish - in case you'd like to add that!
added thank you !
Old 2011-09-09, 14:19
Not really new

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Yeah I think it's good to have it translated as well.

"Compre o jogo completo!" in port.
Added thank you !
Old 2011-09-09, 14:20
Not really new

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
"Buy Full Version" = "Compra la versione completa!" to you
Added thank you !
Old 2011-09-09, 19:56
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Here's the Hungarian text file which includes the "buy full version" link.
Attached Files
File Type: txt bOxOn_text_HU.txt‎ (2.3 KB, 59 views)
Old 2011-09-09, 21:41
Not really new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
Here's the Hungarian text file which includes the "buy full version" link.
And boxonitok thanks a lot !
Old 2011-09-12, 15:42
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

@Fred: I see you added us in the Special Thanks ... that's great Could you replace StreGGy with Emilio Bologna when this gets public? Thanks a lot in advance! I'll always be aviable if the full version needs more translating

EDIT: I tested the game on my new laptop. I'm writing this just to have you informed: this laptop I have is only for stodying and working. It has a very weird resolution (1024x600). The game only starts in windowed mode and in best fit mode. The problem is that in windowed mode I can't see the whole window and I can't even move it, so I can't actually play. In centred mode it doesn't work at all, and I'm forced to kill the application. In best fit mode it's possible to play: the central part where the actual game is works fine, but at its left and at its right the screen flashes, you can see the desktop and a black "layer" which appears and disappears. I assure you I have the last video drivers aviable. The game actually works fine if I set a "normal" resolution, but this messes up the whole screen.

Last edited by Streg; 2011-09-12 at 20:59.
Old 2011-09-12, 20:18
the hobbits to Otringal

Here is the updated Dutch version.
Attached Files
File Type: txt bOxOn_text_NL.txt‎ (2.2 KB, 68 views)

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2011-09-13, 10:23
!!!!!

Updated Hebrew translation. (added "buy full game" and fixed "©")
Attached Files
File Type: txt bOxOn_text_HE.txt‎ (2.6 KB, 67 views)
Old 2011-09-14, 00:03
Not really new

New Version 1.1.4

Thank you Odysseus and ChaosFish, they should be in the last version

@Streggy: Try the last version ! The game now should start with an accurate resolution that fit your screen (window or full screen).
About the residual pixels around your screen in full screen mode, I reproduced it on a machine with an intel video chip. I can't do anything to really fix it, but i can try to avoid/hide them. So run the game, go to the levels selection screen, drag them up and down to see those remaining pixels, then hit the X key to toggle the fix, they should disapear. The X key toggle a flag that is called "Border Fix" in the configuration file. X key will do nothing visible on a machine without this issue, and the game might be slower. Check out your configuration file.
you said 'The game actually works fine if I set a "normal" resolution, but this messes up the whole screen.' Did you do that in the configuration file ? if yes you may have forgot to set a good "Block Size", check the examples of valid resolution in the config file.
Old 2011-09-14, 00:04
Not really new

By the way, if the player double clicks the music on/off note it cycles through all the musics (+1 every double click) .
Old 2011-09-14, 00:54
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
you said 'The game actually works fine if I set a "normal" resolution, but this messes up the whole screen.' Did you do that in the configuration file ? if yes you may have forgot to set a good "Block Size", check the examples of valid resolution in the config file.
I was actually talking about the computer's resolution, sorry if I was unclear. The new version works better: best fit mode lets me see almost everything: levels can be easily played with no problems now. The only trouble is in selecting level four : the level button is 70% covered by the ingame right bar.

Anyway, I just found out that if I right click on the .exe, go to --> proprieties --> compatibility and check "run in 640x480", there are no glitches at all: the game works fine, everything is displayed on screen!

--

Has anything else changed in this version? I was testing the new x button feauture, when I decided to start everything over. I deleted the boxon files in the roaming directory: now the game stops after loading and only creates boxon_user_profile.txt
I have this problem only on my lapton. Moving these files from my pc to my laptop solves this.

Last edited by Streg; 2011-09-14 at 01:18.
Old 2011-09-14, 13:05
Previously Link

Updated the Chinese translation ("buy full version"). Hope it's not too late.

Can you use my real name in the credits (Adrien Grandemange), and my girlfriend's name (Chen ShengJing) ?

When will the full version be released ? My girlfriend asks for it everyday, she is addicted to the game. (By the way, she's playing LBA2 for the first time these days, and she seems to enjoy it a lot: yesterday we were walking in the street, going back home, and she was singing "C'est Sendell qui a son nid, dans le coeur de la planète..." loudly !!!).
Attached Files
File Type: txt bOxOn_text_CN.txt‎ (2.0 KB, 70 views)
Old 2011-09-14, 22:13
Not really new

@link: no it's not too late, a new version is coming.
Lite and Full version are the same except a few differences and obviously the amount of levels. So both are progressing.
Full version is about to be testable Chen will not have enough time to finish LBA2

The Full version will need one (2?) more sentences, I hope it's not too much asking, thanks a lot to all of you for what you already did.

@Streggy: glad to have it working, but your crash at launch without bOxOn user directory seems odd. You did well by copying the directory content. Please try hit again with the next version (close to the end of the week I think).

FRed.
Old 2011-09-15, 00:14
!!!!!

An observation:
You can use the Space/Enter/arrow keys to play inside the level, but you can't do that in the menus. So in order to play you still must use the mouse. And if you press Enter while in the menu you get sent straight inside the game without being able to choose a level.
Old 2011-09-16, 13:50
Not really new

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
An observation:
You can use the Space/Enter/arrow keys to play inside the level, but you can't do that in the menus. So in order to play you still must use the mouse. And if you press Enter while in the menu you get sent straight inside the game without being able to choose a level.
It was mainly a test to see if the game is playable on a mobile phone with just the cursor and the middle button. But, as some disabled persons can only interact with a joystick I keep it in the game like this, just in case. Somebody should set up and run the game then he can leave the player just playing.
I had some trouble with menus (don't remember what) so it's just a small implementation. If someone asks for it, I may do a full implementation.
Old 2011-09-16, 18:21
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Depends how much work it is. If its just sub half hour, Id say add it.
I tend to prefer just using the keyboard if Im using a netbook (hate touchpads on them :P).
Old 2011-09-17, 03:55
Not really new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Depends how much work it is. If its just sub half hour, Id say add it.
I tend to prefer just using the keyboard if Im using a netbook (hate touchpads on them :P).
I remember now, it's easy to add the keyboard/hand in the menus because they work as the game BUT it's not the case of the levels selector... nothing is ready for a moving selection here (the keyboard is used here for scrolling and the highlighted frame is to indicate the LAST button level).

I'll have a look, but I'm working on the registration/download system right now.
Chen is waiting...
Old 2011-09-25, 23:21
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Hey, that's a really cool game!
It had me puzzling all day and I couldn't stop

*Finished the five lvls btw!

Though there's something that got me wondering; I couldn't reset the style of the boxonites. I couldn't find any config file that stored the setting, so I figured it must be saved in the application (which I couldn't believe), so I tested with a different executable. This hadn't any effect and that amazed me. Then I went to %appdata%, and found some files there. Some language files and some images, but still no config file Is there a way to isolate these settings so I can archive them separately from the game and keep hold of the default?

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2011-09-25, 23:44
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
Though there's something that got me wondering; I couldn't reset the style of the boxonites. I couldn't find any config file that stored the setting, so I figured it must be saved in the application (which I couldn't believe), so I tested with a different executable. This hadn't any effect and that amazed me. Then I went to %appdata%, and found some files there. Some language files and some images, but still no config file Is there a way to isolate these settings so I can archive them separately from the game and keep hold of the default?
In the folder AppData/Roaming/bOxOn/ there's a file called "bOxOn_User_Profile.txt"
All your personal preferences are stored in this file.
The Box-Styles are most likely in the 4th line (Default=' "User Style" = 0,1,2,3,4,5')

Try if that works for you.