Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2011-10-25, 21:47
Magic Level: Fire Ball

So, about the script of LBA2...

Even though I don't know french I've managed to spot a few interesting incongruences between the script of LBA2 included as a bonus at GOG.com and what actually happens in the game! I'll share my findings.

"Il découvre un complexe industriel qui est en fait le fameux centre de contrôle du réacteur de la lune d'Emeraude. C'est dans ce Q.G. que Twinsen va rencontrer l'Empereur. C'est lui qui dispose du bouton de mise à feu du réacteur qu'il enclenchera à la fin d'un duel à mort avec Twinsen. A la fin de ce combat, Twinsen l'entendra murmurer le nom de FunFrock..."

Apparently the emperor of Zeelich was meant to mutter Funfrock's name before dying!

"Dans la Citée, Twinsen trouve les mages. Ils lui apprennent qu’ils vont devoir collaborer à la canalisation d’un flux d’énergie magique venu de l'espace. Afin de s’assurer leur collaboration sans faille Dark Monk leur a prouvé qu’il détenait les Enfants à l’intérieur de son Temple. Il n’est pas question pour les mages de bouger tant que les enfants sont entre ses mains."

This is VERY interesting. I don't fully understand but apparently Twinsen was gonna meet the mages working for Funfrock inside the emperor's palace! That's... different.

"Grâce au capacités magiques des enfants, Twinsen est téléporté sur sa planète jusqu'au puits de Sendell."

Wait... what? The children's magic teleports Twinsen on Twinsun in time to stop the moon with Sendell's help? Since when were the kidnapped children magical?

There's probably a lot more. What do you think?
Old 2011-10-25, 22:18

So. Much. Info! This is gold for an LBA fan like me.

Other findings!
-Mushrooms were supposed to be an item, and they would have aided in the fight against Tralu! Odd. Sounds like Zed was onto something after all with his mushroom fetish.

-There was also a fake tunic and medallion that Joe the elf would have worn as a diversion to let Twinsen escape from Otringal astroport!

-Twinsen was gonna get the protection spell along with the school of magic diploma!

-Twinsen was gonna meet the Weather Wizard on his first trip to Zeelich and he was gonna hand him the pearl of incandescence to complete the ring of lighting back on Twinsun. Odd!

-The pistolaser was to be found in an armoury in the astroport of Otringal instead! Cool!

-Celebration Island was gonna be inaccessible until the day of the great celebration because of a favourable lunar cycle happening only that very day, with thick gas and monster blocking access otherwise. Also Twinsen would be able to hear the chanting of the kidnapped children from that direction

-Twinsen was gonna save a Mosquibee from gas monster, and would win the favour of the Queen by doing this. (Note that I found no mention of the dissidents at all in the script so far)
Old 2011-10-25, 22:21

These are interesting. I've also found these differences, but I wasn't sure I had permission to post them. The bonus content is for only those who buy the game through GOG after all...
Old 2011-10-25, 23:26
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, we need to be careful at least in the first months of release where they hit the sales. But I'm sure those gamer's don't buy the game only for the sake of extra content.

This script is a damn extra!!! I hope to be able to read it. My French knowledge almost gone...

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2011-10-25, 23:28
Magic Ball GrandMaster

This is indeed interesting. Although I don't find any teaser about the background plot we didn't know before, it is great to know the foremost plot was altered.

It seems the opening of Celebration island has something to do with the addition of the dissidents (the dissidents storyline does require the visit to the souvenir guy there). I now also understand why the "room of proof" (you know which I mean) has an actual static audience, as opposed to the animate dissidents and the queen (it must've been all added after the initial design).

What I really don't understand, is WHY was this changed? Why all this dissidents plot, instead of helping out a mosquibee etc? And why was the Weather Wizard removed from the scenes on Otringal, eventhough the final cutscene still shows he was there because he is seen in the leaving shuttle?

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Yeah, we need to be careful at least in the first months of release where they hit the sales. But I'm sure those gamer's don't buy the game only for the sake of extra content.

This script is a damn extra!!! I hope to be able to read it. My French knowledge almost gone...
Well... Google Translate's translation is fairly understandable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
What I really don't understand, is WHY was this changed? Why all this dissidents plot, instead of helping out a mosquibee etc? And why was the Weather Wizard removed from the scenes on Otringal, eventhough the final cutscene still shows he was there because he is seen in the leaving shuttle?
What? The dissidents are one of the best parts of the game! They add soul and life to the story. I mean these people rebelling against their emperor and government make it more complete and believable.

Last edited by Renesans; 2011-10-25 at 23:33.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:34
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I totally agree on that, but are we sure that was the reason?

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2011-10-25, 23:37

Quote:
I totally agree on that, but are we sure that was the reason?
Probably they felt there was something missing. They may have thought there were too few Zeelichian characters so they added some more, and then came a new idea about this small group building the resistance.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:39
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I mean, if the dissidents were added later, would they have added a whole island in the undergas solely for the benefit of finding their hideout and an optional hint as to where the queen is? You can get the same information in much more detail from the fallen wannie on their island, near the ferryman's pier. It's just not very a solidproof assumption.

Old 2011-10-25, 23:40

Quote:
I mean, if the dissidents were added later, would they have added a whole island in the undergas solely for the benefit of finding their hideout and an optional hint as to where the queen is? You can get the same information in much more detail from the fallen wannie on their island, near the ferryman's pier. It's just not very a solidproof assumption.
"Later" does not mean they added them when the game was nearing completion. I am pretty sure they were added during the planning stage. I was just trying to say that no mention of the dissidents in the original script means they weren't in the original story, but they were added in a later draft.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:44
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I see, I understand what you mean. But my question still remains. Regardless of when the change was made during the development of the game, what was the reason for it? I mean it sure could have been both, requeing the priest and the dissidents as well
The island under the volcano has always made me wonder why it's there...

Old 2011-10-25, 23:53

Quote:
I see, I understand what you mean. But my question still remains. Regardless of when the change was made during the development of the game, what was the reason for it? I mean it sure could have been both, requeing the priest and the dissidents as well
The island under the volcano has always made me wonder why it's there...
I don't really think there was a real "reason" behind it, they just thought it was better this way (and it is!). As for the volcano island... Well I don't know. Maybe the wannie who tells you where the queen is if you cure him wasn't originally there and they included that island beacuse the Mosquibees there also tell you the queen's location, but later they realised it was unneccessarily long and included a shorter way. But for the sake of providing multiple options to learn about the queen's whereabouts (thus creating a less linear storyline), they kept Volcano island in the game.
Old 2011-10-25, 23:57
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Lol, that's a very thin explanation, but for an optional plot reveal, both "ways" are strange to me.

Old 2011-10-26, 00:03

Erm... I'm really just guessing here. But they surely had their reasons to make changes regarding the storyline.
Old 2011-10-26, 00:24
Polly parrot

Lawrence, in your first post, the first quote alo states that Twinsen was to meet the Emperor in the base on the Emerald Moon.

After the attack on the island of the mosquibees, you can find some of them in the cave on volcano island, they then give you te Queen's location.
Old 2011-10-26, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Lawrence, in your first post, the first quote alo states that Twinsen was to meet the Emperor in the base on the Emerald Moon.
I don't think it does, you haven't read it in context, the quote is located in the Island CX part.
Old 2011-10-26, 00:31
Polly parrot

Right, sorry, he meets him in the complex that commands the reactor on the Emerald moon.
Old 2011-10-27, 18:21
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Hey, come to think of it, there is a tiny little snag in the plotline concerning the statue. If you enter the statue, free the wizards and go up to find the children, FunFrock goes all the way down to the entrance level, and below.

Eventhough he can see you've freed the wizards and foiled his godly plan, he's still laughing...

Old 2011-10-27, 22:48
Polly parrot

Maybe it's some desease he has...