Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2011-10-31, 16:57
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Twinsen LBA 2 Script and differences from the released version of the game...

So I read the LBA 2 script that came with the GoG release of the game. And I decided to make a list of whatever is difference in the script from the released game.

The list is as follows:
1. There was to be a "false tunic" that twinsen would use to disguise after the evasion from zeelich prison.
2. Also, Twinsen apparently was to get told earlier about the disapearance of all the wizards and was to be given the protection spell after finishing school of magic.
3. The Weather Wizard was to be met on Zeelich as well tell Twinsen he was being treated like a prisoner on zeelich after having been invited in a cordial and polite way, and he also was to give Twinsen an ingredient (the "mangnagna", whatever that is) for finishing the ring of lightning.
4. The space shuttle Twinsen steals on Zeelich to get back to Twinsun was sabotaged by the Esmers .
5. Joe the Elf was to have escaped hidden in the space shuttle stolen by Twinsen and met again upon the crash on Twinsun. Also, Zoé was the one that would tell him Baldino went to Emerald moon with his own space shuttle.
6. He was supposed to pick up something (some kind of document) at Baldino's that would let him pick up the proto-pack at the baggage claim.
7. There also was supposed to be a magnetic card as well findable on Twinsun after the Esmer invasion.
8. Twinsen was supposed to steal a boat on Zeelich and with it navigate the gas sea. He was also supposed to be prevented from landing on Celebration Island by gas and monsters.
9. Twinsen would get the choice to save a mosquibee official's life from a monster and would get his blowgun improved in return. Also, the whole thing of meeting the Mosquibee Queen on Wannies' Island to get the key to the passage wasn't there.
10. The Emperor was to utter FunFrock's name upon being killed by Twinsen.
11. FunFrock was to appear on top of the Volcano on Celebration Island and hide in the Temple after revealing his true identity, and only after that was Twinsen to use the temple key.
12. During the end, Twinsen was to be teleported to Twinsun thanks to the magical capabilities of the children.
13. The protection spell was originally visible by the changing of the tunic's color.
14. The laser pistol was to be found in an armory at the astroport on otringal, and it was to be made rechargable by a pendant.
15. The ring of lightning wouldn't activate unless you had half the magic bar full and each use would use a quarter of the magic bar.
16. Also there was to beanother findable object that was later removed, called the "pass-sas", but I have no idea how to translate that to English.

I'd greatly appreciate any kind of input and discussion.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:05
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Also, Zoé was the one that would tell him Baldino went to Emerald moon with his own space shuttle.
She totally does.
Quote:
at Citadel Island
No, Baldino left a little earlier for the emerald moon, where he'd noticed something was wrong. He left the proto-pack in working order downtown at the baggage claim, where you can pick it up.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:07
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Ah, I completely forgot about that. I guess I really need to play the game again. XD
Old 2011-10-31, 17:22
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Battler, do you know French fluently? Or did you use some automatic translator? Orr did you somehow manage to get an English version of this script?
Old 2011-10-31, 17:22
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
5. Joe the Elf was to have escaped hidden in the space shuttle stolen by Twinsen and met again upon the crash on Twinsun.
Which he does, you'll have to press ACTION against the shuttle after it has crashed, and Joe will jump out telling you this.

But great list Battler!
There's also a little discussion about the script here, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:25
Welcome to Zirla!

- morshem: I know French enough to have understood the script without having to use a translator.

- J McKalling: Ah, I didn't know that, thanks.
Old 2011-10-31, 18:00
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Joe the Elf was to have escaped hidden in the space shuttle stolen by Twinsen and met again upon the crash on Twinsun.
That's in the game too...

EDIT: But the script also mentions Joe was to tell Twinsen about the Ball of Sendell in the sewers, which he doesn't do in the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joe1.jpg‎
Views:	276
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	8940   Click image for larger version

Name:	joe2.jpg‎
Views:	285
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	8941   Click image for larger version

Name:	joe3.jpg‎
Views:	278
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	8942  
Old 2011-10-31, 18:19

I noticed in my current playing that you can do ACTION there even in the beginning of the game, before the shuttle crashes there. Then you will see those sparkles, but Joe will not appear. But after you crash there, he is automatically there, and you don't need to do ACTION again.
Old 2011-10-31, 19:01
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
I noticed in my current playing that you can do ACTION there even in the beginning of the game, before the shuttle crashes there. Then you will see those sparkles, but Joe will not appear. But after you crash there, he is automatically there, and you don't need to do ACTION again.
Yeah I remember that. There is some interaction with invisible objects in the game. For example, after the crash-land, the ferry is gone. But if you still have a ticket, you can go to the dock and Twinsen will automatically jump into the invisible ferry. Now you have no choice but to abort the cutscene and end up on Desert Island - but without Dino-Fly and no way to rebuy the ticket - so you're stuck. You should only do this when you're leaving for the moon anyway.
Old 2011-10-31, 20:47
You what?!

Great list, I was going to mention point 5 but everyone beat me to it.
I'm interested in point 16 though, any Frenchies fancy explaining that one?
Also you didn't mention that the dissidents were apparently not in the original script...
Old 2011-10-31, 20:57
Magic Ball Master

sas m (plural sas)
  1. A sieve.
  2. A lock: a segment of a canal or other waterway enclosed by gates, used for raising and lowering boats between levels.
  3. An airlock.
"Pass" doesn't seem to be any French word, maybe a misspelling of "pas" (Foot/not) or from English pass? A pass for the Airlock on the Emerald Moon base that you would find in the Welcome building, and show it to the door guards in order to get into the main building.
Old 2011-10-31, 21:36
You what?!

Nothing too exciting then. Cheers Kobold.
Old 2011-10-31, 23:31
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
sas m (plural sas)
  1. A sieve.
  2. A lock: a segment of a canal or other waterway enclosed by gates, used for raising and lowering boats between levels.
  3. An airlock.
"Pass" doesn't seem to be any French word, maybe a misspelling of "pas" (Foot/not) or from English pass? A pass for the Airlock on the Emerald Moon base that you would find in the Welcome building, and show it to the door guards in order to get into the main building.
Assuming that is what it means, wouldn't the word then not be "sas-pass" instead? The verb-after-noun thing..

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2011-10-31, 23:46
Magic Ball Master

I don't know how these kinds of compounds work in French.
Old 2011-10-31, 23:51
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
I don't know how these kinds of compounds work in French.
Maybe someone french could look into this?

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-10-31 at 23:57.
Old 2011-11-01, 00:35
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Didn't I already make a thread about this? :P Not offended, just perplexed at redundancy.
Old 2011-11-01, 01:19
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Didn't I already make a thread about this? :P Not offended, just perplexed at redundancy.
I mentioned it, Battler didn't know.

Old 2011-11-01, 05:47

Where did they an extra space in the inventory for another item?
Old 2011-11-01, 10:37
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
Where did they an extra space in the inventory for another item?
Ì guess they could've made the inventory bigger if they had to put in more items and there wasn't any space for it.

Old 2011-11-01, 12:25
Magic Ball Master

The inventory already has overlapping items that you can't have at the same time (Burgermaster's notes + key, pearl of incandescense + key to the mosquibees IIRC) which are stored at the same space.