Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2011-10-25, 23:31
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Doesnt Apple have fixed price levels? or did they scrap that?
Old 2011-10-25, 23:33
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
Lol
The game isn't addicted, you are
But you're right, it is addicting.
Lol, thanks. I got it and fix my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
What do you think of the pricing? Is $1.99 reasonable? I think it is, but I don't really know much about App Store prices.
It is reasonable. The price is nice. Its good to see they didn't make the mistake of put it higher.

For now, I'm just waiting for a 0.79€ version for iPhone to better enjoy the game before I get the iPad. I'm not a PC gamer anymore (switch to console) so its kind difficult to play games while I'm at PC (only LBA who know's why).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Doesnt Apple have fixed price levels? or did they scrap that?
Nop, as far as I know.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2011-10-26, 16:44
LOLwut?

I'm just re-posting my latest Spanish text update, in case Fred missed it.

It's the big one so far, I removed a nasty typo that prevented a whole line of text from appearing (Silly me, I should have made that mistake a couple of updates ago).

The file is in this post.

Question: The full version of BoXon has more lines of text or they are the same as the Lite version??

Old 2011-10-26, 16:50
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Apple used to have fixed prices anyway, I think they still do, but its a fair range, basicly every 1GBP, at least for the uk;
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/smartp...the_board.html
Old 2011-10-26, 18:28
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
@SpaceGuitarist, I made some changes on the Portuguese translation to be more accurate for both countries and PALOPs. Also fixed few typos. What do you think?!
Hmm... Ok, well, the majority of it is the same, but some words sound really odd for brazillians, such as "ecrã" (I doubt kids ever heard it in their lifes), and "rato" (it's funny and although it is the direct translation of mouse, we never refer to the mouse as rato). And some parts sound too formal.

I think the correct thing to do, now that we have a proper portugal portuguese translation, is to put 2 different flags for each portuguese.
Given this is mostly for kids the language should be the most straightforward as possible, specially when learning the game for the first time.

However, if not possible to have 2 different flags, then we should find a common word to substitute "ecrã" and use "mouse" instead of "rato" because that can be really confusing.
Perhaps we can use "monitor" instead of ecrã, and in the mode menu, use "modo janela, modo centrado e modo inteiro" ?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2011-10-28, 01:27
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, I had the feeling those words would be problematic

I don't see a reason separating both countries languages. I think we can find a good solution that work for both. I will make another version with those corrections and will also see if there's still something odd there.

Btw, there is a new version available (1.3.0). Anyone knows its change log?

Old 2011-10-29, 00:36
Magic Ball Master

It seams we have issues with resend page: http://ludoid.com/bOxOn/resend.php
I always get "User not recognized" error.

Old 2011-10-29, 12:35
Not really new

Hello,
The iPad lite version is on review status.

@Darkflame: " Ah, we should have known you would come up with a better solution then either of our suggestions"

No it's not a better solution it's the one that best fits all my current constraints ! And I took it after reading all the different solutions you exposed.

@Renesans:"Nice solution. Can you already tell us which lines need to be changed for the iPad version?"

Yes, there are a lot less texts, and it's only about removing mouse stuff. I'll take care of that today or tomorrow.

@alexfont:
"The game is very addicting. The total number of levels is incredible. I'm still at beginning but we can feel the levels starting to be more challenging after accomplish some of them. So at the end, ufff..."

There is a good learning curve, level that will sounds difficult at the begininng, will look very easy after a while if you follow levels order. Tips that are given on the web page are very important. There are two main steps for a good progression: focus on one color first and don't waste your spaces.

"I made some changes on the Portuguese translation"

I'm afraid I forgot them in the last version (I'm fighting hard with my Mac). I'll update versions (with no version number change) this weekend and let you know.

@RGaspar: "Question: The full version of BoXon has more lines of text or they are the same as the Lite version??"

They are almost the same. 1 or 2 lines are dedicated to lite or full version but both version got same files.

@RGaspar and SpaceGuitarist: "latest Spanish text update"
As Portuguese, I think it's not in the final version.

Two version of the (almost) same language can exist at the same time, it's just a question of having different names. But if you can have just one, it's easier.

@alexfont:
"Btw, there is a new version available (1.3.0). Anyone knows its change log?"

The version number is increasing quickly because of my tries to submit the Mac version. Mainly, changes are for the crazy Mac world, but as I added [-][+] keys to change the window résolution, and language texts are updated (Yes, it's better when I don't forget some of them, sorry) I decided to release it.

"I always get "User not recognized" error."

Yes ! that's because you are very special ! As you know, you were the first to encounter a problem in the automatic payment/generation/send system. For the little story: an external error occured (Paypal ? Internet ? the sun ?) and your request was received by my server in a mutant shape. So enough errors to invalidate your automatic send, but not your paypal payment, and not enough errors for my emergency alarm system. That's why I was aware almost in real time at 1am of your issue (don't worry I was working). But, again and that's the funny part, on the same day in the afternoon, I flooded my (distant) server because of a script bug and I was banned for 24 hours (without knowing it). SO, when I tried to manually generate your version, (I just press a button on an admin page) A lot of resquests were rejected, it took me some time to figure out what happened. Your database information were not complete, it's fine now, you can ask for a resend.

By the way, I realized that members that worked on the game and had a free version (I'm not speaking to whose who even also bought it ) don't have a Paypal transaction ID so they can't ask for a resend of a new version.
For them (and only) you just have to enter your email twice to make it works.

OK, I hope to not forget anyone. Thank you all for your help, that's very motivating !
My Mac is begging for ass kicks, come give some !
Fred.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:53
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Thanks Fred, that was interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
My Mac is begging for ass kicks, come give some !
Fred.
THAT we'll do.
*comes down to Fred, with his huge metallic army boots, and gives the Mac a smack from behind*
Where's that mac now?

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2011-10-29, 16:02
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarrist
Hmm... Ok, well, the majority of it is the same, but some words sound really odd for brazillians, ...
I've came up with another version (attached) which I think its better than the other and fix those odd words for Brazilians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick
There is a good learning curve, level that will sounds difficult at the begininng, will look very easy after a while if you follow levels order. Tips that are given on the web page are very important. There are two main steps for a good progression: focus on one color first and don't waste your spaces.
Indeed it have.
Its amazing how slowly it start to increase its difficulty on each level. I can see a lot of small kids having no issue at all to accomplish a lot of them.
for that!!

Quote:
I'm afraid I forgot them in the last version (I'm fighting hard with my Mac). I'll update versions (with no version number change) this weekend and let you know.
No problem. I've attached another version but I'm waiting SpaceGuitarrist confirmation so we can find a great translation deal between Portuguese and Brazilian translation.

Quote:
The version number is increasing quickly because of my tries to submit the Mac version.
I'm looking forward on this Mac version. Today I mainly use Mac on personal uses. PC only to code this days.

Thanks for the kind and funny words and for fixing that page so quickly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt bOxOn_text_PT.txt‎ (2.2 KB, 74 views)

Old 2011-10-29, 17:50
strange dreamer

@Alexfont: Perfect, that's it! Now any portuguese speaker can understand!
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2011-10-29, 18:08
Magic Ball Master

Great.

Edited: Fred, you can now update the previous Portuguese translation attached. Thanks.

Last edited by xesf; 2011-10-29 at 18:37.
Old 2011-10-29, 18:15
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Eu não sei o que estou dizendo?
Weird.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2011-10-30, 00:06
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
Eu não sei o que estou dizendo?
Weird.
I suppose you meant to say "Eu não sei o que está sendo dito?" which would properly mean "I don't know what it says?". Judging from this little mistake, I also suppose your portuguese is probably not very good, and this answers your question.
Old 2011-10-30, 00:13
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
I suppose you meant to say "Eu não sei o que está sendo dito?" which would properly mean "I don't know what it says?". Judging from this little mistake, I also suppose your portuguese is probably not very good, and this answers your question.
Your assumption was what is not very good. Maybe my grammar isn't very well, but I did mean to say "I don't know what I'm saying?" (with due questionmark...)
And if that is what I said, then my Portugese is very well actually.

Now this: I naprawdę nie wiem, co mówię? (this is not protugese anymore )

Old 2011-10-30, 00:17
strange dreamer

Oh, so you were just fooling around hahaha, well, yes indeed, if that's what you actually meant to say then yeah, your portuguese (google translator...?) is good!
Quote:
Old 2011-10-30, 00:25
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Aye, and so you know it
Ik heb gewoon geen flauw idee wat ik zeg.
Alles was ich sage ist mir unbekannt.
Laissez-moi dire quelque chose et je me suis perdu là...
Non è neanche importa in quale lingua,
Quia non noverunt quod dico simpliciter!
It's just that simple...

...And that is why I don't participate in the translations myself!

Old 2011-11-01, 13:02
Magic Ball Master

Just notice the menu is also a b0x0n level. You can interact with them by merging those single boxonites together with the menu item. Nice touch!!

Old 2011-11-01, 20:34
Magic Level: Fire Ball

When can we expect the iPod/iPhone version? A rough timeframe would be nice just to know.
Old 2011-11-02, 12:57
Not really new

Hello !

iPod/iPhone version is on its way. I can't give a timeframe yet. We try to make a single version for all devices.

Here are French and English iPod/iPad/iPhone texts. There are very close to the PC version. I added at the end of those texts the AppStore description text. They'll be extracted from files to be put on the AppStore, I think it's easier to have it in the same file.

Muchas Gracias,
Fred.
Attached Files
File Type: txt en.txt‎ (2.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: txt fr.txt‎ (2.3 KB, 103 views)
Old 2011-11-02, 13:52

Thank you Fred,
Here is the Hungarian translation, I combined the last two sentences of the description into one, so that it sounds better in Hungarian.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hu.txt‎ (2.2 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Renesans; 2011-11-02 at 14:01.
Old 2011-11-02, 15:28
Not really new

New PC Version

Hi again,

@Renesans: thank you ! I tell you if it works

I just uploaded a new PC version Lite and Full. 1.3.1
All languages should be OK.

I did a mistake with the resend version, the Transaction ID which is asked is not the same than the one you have on your receipt. It's not my fault, Paypal send différent "unique" transaction number to customer/seller. As I don't have the number you have on your receipt, I write the good one in the download link email.
So, for those who bought the game, ask me to resend you this email. By this way, you'll have this number in case of a resend request, but as you'll have a new link in this sent email, you can download the 1.3.1 version from it.
The system is not yet fine, because I added a limitation to avoid you and the website to be flooded, so you can ask just for the new version once.
Old 2011-11-02, 15:32
Magic Ball Master

Do we need to translate de AppStore tags?!

Old 2011-11-02, 15:37
Not really new

And it's fixed now: The temporary directory with personnal exe file is valid for two or three days, so if you asked for a version that still exists in the temporary dir (sent through email when you purchased the game) you are rejected. A few days after, it will be possible again.
Old 2011-11-02, 15:39

I made some corrections to the Hungarian translation of the PC version. Here is the new text file, please include it in the next version.
Attached Files
File Type: txt bOxOn_text_HU.txt‎ (2.4 KB, 82 views)