Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2011-11-21, 13:55
Magic Level: Purple Ball

Oh, yeah i remember another one. When talking first time to Johnny Rocket, when he is laying on the sofa or what ever it is. First speak to Johnny, let him get walking, take your Jetpack and fly to Johnnys door. Keep flying until Johnny is behind you and you are at middle of the door and Johnny. Johnny will open the door and you can drop to your death in the blackness.
Old 2011-11-21, 14:45
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timse95 View Post
Oh, yeah i remember another one. When talking first time to Johnny Rocket, when he is laying on the sofa or what ever it is. First speak to Johnny, let him get walking, take your Jetpack and fly to Johnnys door. Keep flying until Johnny is behind you and you are at middle of the door and Johnny. Johnny will open the door and you can drop to your death in the blackness.
I've tried that, but flying with the super jetpack in between Johnny and his door did not cause me to fall in void. How exactly did that happen?

@doomer, I've finally got it.

- Premature shuttle crash bug:
If you already have the pearl of incandescence when you save Raph and clear the storm, the game will think you already have crashlanded back on Citadel Island from your first trip to Zeelich eventhough you haven't. It will evitably cause your space shuttle to appear crashed on the island, with all those fences everywhere from the second esmer invasion, eventhough you never set foot in a shuttle before.

I think that the game will change the scenery as soon as you clear the storm, to let the esmers appear, and that this change is the same "function" that is called when you crash on Citadel Island, where the scenery changes into the massive invasion. This second time however occurs at a certain condition, which is erroneously implied after you get the pearl, as you can only get the pearl after that condition is met (crashing back on Twinsun).

I also have to add another glitch that we probably all encountered, but forgot to mention:

- (glitch) Entrance block:
Sometimes, not always, you get pushed back when you try to enter an isometric scene (indoors) through an arcway. I encountered this at numerous places, the most obvious ones being the Ticket shop on Desert Island and the Statue of Dark Monk entrance on Celebration Island. There may very well be others but lets just say "some". It's frustrating, as it continuesly bumps you back from the entrance, evitably not allowing you to enter (untill the block stops). It is presumably caused by a patch, I can't say.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-21 at 16:48.
Old 2011-11-21, 17:47

XD haha the dropping into blackness reminds me once i was jumping up into the dark monk temple thing and once i got to his book i jumped up and fell through it and fell into the lava
Old 2011-11-21, 18:02
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditzy Doo View Post
XD haha the dropping into blackness reminds me once i was jumping up into the dark monk temple thing and once i got to his book i jumped up and fell through it and fell into the lava
Pony's aren't made for jumping into lava.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2011-11-21, 18:57
Polly parrot

It causes them to melt miserably...
Old 2011-11-21, 19:08
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I think that is a bug too.

Old 2011-11-21, 19:53

But i tried flying up there once.... but i crashed into the wall... i'm not the best flier.
Old 2011-11-21, 20:00
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Pony's can't fly. You're confused with a pegasus.

Old 2011-11-21, 20:09
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
@doomer, I've finally got it.

- Premature shuttle crash bug:
If you already have the pearl of incandescence when you save Raph and clear the storm, the game will think you already have crashlanded back on Citadel Island from your first trip to Zeelich eventhough you haven't. It will evitably cause your space shuttle to appear crashed on the island, with all those fences everywhere from the second esmer invasion, eventhough you never set foot in a shuttle before.

I think that the game will change the scenery as soon as you clear the storm, to let the esmers appear, and that this change is the same "function" that is called when you crash on Citadel Island, where the scenery changes into the massive invasion. This second time however occurs at a certain condition, which is erroneously implied after you get the pearl, as you can only get the pearl after that condition is met (crashing back on Twinsun).
Glad that I wasn't imagining things and that we have managed to nail this one down. Thanks for your help.
Old 2011-11-21, 20:13
Magic Ball GrandMaster

You're welcome.
I didn't remember it initially, but it appears that I did experience your bug a long time ago, and didn't know it. I saw the fences, but didn't go up the island to see the shuttle was there too.

Indeed I've experienced almost all these bugs myself once, I happen to play very thouroughly...

Old 2011-11-21, 22:03

Hmm, it didnt work? Wierd, maybe the difference between computers? Well anyway I just remembered another bug, glicht. Kill the big tralú, save Ralph, dont go to Zoe, go trought the hole tralú dungeon again. Dont really remember what happens, something messed up if i can recal. Can somebody try it out? Oh and is there a way to play LBA and LBA 2 on win7, im having trouble installing it. : /
Old 2011-11-21, 22:34
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Hmm, it didnt work? Wierd, maybe the difference between computers? Well anyway I just remembered another bug, glicht. Kill the big tralú, save Ralph, dont go to Zoe, go trought the hole tralú dungeon again. Dont really remember what happens, something messed up if i can recal. Can somebody try it out? Oh and is there a way to play LBA and LBA 2 on win7, im having trouble installing it. : /
What didn't work? The crashed shuttle? That may very well be affected by any patch that I am using, correct. But unsure if it does.

Old 2011-11-22, 08:42
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Quote:
Well anyway I just remembered another bug, glicht. Kill the big tralú, save Ralph, dont go to Zoe, go trought the hole tralú dungeon again. Dont really remember what happens, something messed up if i can recal. Can somebody try it out? Oh and is there a way to play LBA and LBA 2 on win7, im having trouble installing it. : /
The screen zooms in to Zoe and you can do nothing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZoeBug.zip‎ (7.2 KB, 118 views)
Old 2011-11-22, 11:01
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
...Well anyway I just remembered another bug, glicht. Kill the big tralú, save Ralph, dont go to Zoe, go trought the hole tralú dungeon again. ...
- Zoé at Tralú cave bug:
Yeah, as soon as you cross the elevated platform at the beginning of the room where the big tralü was if you killed him before, the cutscene with Zoé will force the screen away from Twinsen, disabling all player controls. You can save, load and continue from the menu, but nothing will happen and you cannot cut the cutscene. I guess it is due to the scene reloading as soon as you enter again.

Old 2011-11-22, 20:59

Quote:
What didn't work? The crashed shuttle? That may very well be affected by any patch that I am using, correct. But unsure if it does.
I meant the johnny rocket bug.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:26
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
I meant the johnny rocket bug.
Oh, ok. Yeah that didn't work for me. Maybe I didn't follow your instructions too well, but I tried flying against the door, waited untill Johnny opened the door, and then flew through. Was I supposed to stop flying at some point? Or was the flying just to be faster than Johnny? I can do that walking tbh, if you start his conversation from above behind him.

Old 2011-11-23, 11:33
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
-Put the graphism to the minimum. Now the screen will be black between scenes (like in LBA1). Now, find a scene changing zone where there is water, lava or gas, jump toward it, when you get through it in the new zone, open the inventory then close it. You'll be able to walk in the liquid and explore completely bugged zones, which most of the time aren't scripted. But know that this is still water, if you wish to change scene, you'll need to repeat the same movements again.
Did someone actually manage to do it? I remember seeing a video about this on Youtube, but it didn't work for me when I tried it...
Old 2011-11-23, 11:49
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Doesn't work for me.
I once did something else, here.

I don't remember how, but obviously I was able to walk on the water there with Zoé.

Old 2011-11-24, 03:25

oh wow those pictures are great! and hey speaing of water how come twinsun can go discreet and duck under water and not die?
Old 2011-11-24, 11:05
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditzy Doo View Post
oh wow those pictures are great! and hey speaing of water how come twinsun can go discreet and duck under water and not die?
Thanks
Duncking under water? Where did you get that?

Old 2011-11-24, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Yes a heck lot,
General bugs
-Put the graphism to the minimum. Now the screen will be black between scenes (like in LBA1). Now, find a scene changing zone where there is water, lava or gas, jump toward it, when you get through it in the new zone, open the inventory then close it. You'll be able to walk in the liquid and explore completely bugged zones, which most of the time aren't scripted. But know that this is still water, if you wish to change scene, you'll need to repeat the same movements again.
i was able to get this work on my older computer but now il just drop trought the water and fall fall fall fall until i drown in lava, gas, water. : /

-Jack, i got the rocket bug to work, all you need to do is walk, run, jetpack trought the door BEFORE him, then it works. Idk why i didnt try enything else than jetpack.. Im a moron.
Old 2011-11-24, 18:29
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Cool, finally got it to work! Had to go through a lot of savegames to find one I hadn't talked to Johnny in yet first, and it took me three autosaves before that old hag passed the door She freezes Johnny before he can open the door..

But very well, when he opens the door, run in it before he starts walking, and the room will not be there yet. Once I even had a go in where I went in before Johnny, but he was there already when I got in. He's faster than lightning

So, about the bug. I can't really make any of it, it just seems that the game requires him to be inside before the room is accessible.
After you get in with Johnny, you can return to it at any time. From a certain point in game Johnny will have left the room though, I've noticed that he goes back to swimming. I've never seen a room that requires an NPC to be in before it is actually accessible, it's normally just not there or there all the time. Dunno.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-24 at 18:35.
Old 2011-11-24, 18:56

Quote:
..I've noticed that he goes back to swimming..
I don't think thats Johnny who is swimming there. Its a nother esmer, was there same time Jonhhy is on the sofa or what ever it is. talking of the pool, you guys know the swimjump easter egg / secret from the ladders?
Old 2011-11-24, 20:03
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
I don't think thats Johnny who is swimming there. Its a nother esmer, was there same time Jonhhy is on the sofa or what ever it is.
No it is very likely Johnny himself. In all runs where I exactly followed the intended storyline (no bug exploits), I never came accross two Johnnys before. If you happen to have come across the swimming esmer and Johnny Rocket at the same time, you'll have come across the

- Double Johnny Rocket bug:
If you get to the Imperial Hotel and speak to Johnny Rocket before you're supposed to, you might see him swimming as well as being massaged by the attendant.

I'm not so sure how to reproduce this exactly, but I will try this out soon. It may have something to do with the Money Monkey bug, mind you.

Quote:
talking of the pool, you guys know the swimjump easter egg / secret from the ladders?
I don't know what you mean.

Old 2011-11-24, 20:30
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
- Double Johnny Rocket bug:
If you get to the Imperial Hotel and speak to Johnny Rocket before you're supposed to, you might see him swimming as well as being massaged by the attendant.
What!? That's surely not a bug. Or else I've always talked with Johnny the wrong time! They are not the same person.

Tags
bug, error, glitch, script, scripting