Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2011-11-24, 20:37
Magic Level: Purple Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
What!? That's surely not a bug. Or else I've always talked with Johnny the wrong time! They are not the same person.
The swimming esmer has allways been there with me this is cryptic. And there is a secret where you can do a runningjump normaly from the stairs and twinsen will make different jumping animation and jump to the pool and drown.

-just tried it out, just do a runjump from the big stairs and then press space again on the air. Works for me. And johnny is in hes room and swimming at the same time.... well he CAN be fast as lightning we have seen that but i dont think that its the same esmer.

Last edited by Timse95; 2011-11-24 at 20:44.
Old 2011-11-24, 20:49
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timse95 View Post
The swimming esmer has allways been there with me this is cryptic. And there is a secret where you can do a runningjump normaly from the stairs and twinsen will make different jumping animation and jump to the pool and drown.

-just tried it out, just do a runjump from the big stairs and then press space again on the air. Works for me. And johnny is in hes room and swimming at the same time.... well he CAN be fast as lightning we have seen that but i dont think that its the same esmer.
Wow, never knew about that. But... it doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something the wrong way. Can you post a picture of the room where you mark the exact place to jump. You can use morshem's site to get a screenshot.
Old 2011-11-24, 20:50
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
Duncking under water? Where did you get that?
At the desert island, there is a place where you can go pretty deep into the water. Press action there in discreet mode, Twinsen will go under water.
Old 2011-11-24, 21:25

here is the pic. just do a runningjump from there and tap the jumping button, it should work. I think it trickers from how high you are. hope you get it to work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lbajump.jpg‎
Views:	215
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	8992  
Old 2011-11-24, 21:43

Quote:
here is the pic. just do a runningjump from there and tap the jumping button, it should work. I think it trickers from how high you are. hope you get it to work
Thank you, it works now!
Old 2011-11-24, 22:38
Polly parrot

Can you upload a save ? I'm pretty far from that point...
Old 2011-11-24, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Can you upload a save ? I'm pretty far from that point...
Attached Files
File Type: zip imperial_hotel.zip‎ (8.0 KB, 132 views)
Old 2011-11-24, 22:59
Polly parrot

Thanks
Old 2011-11-25, 01:21
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
At the desert island, there is a place where you can go pretty deep into the water. Press action there in discreet mode, Twinsen will go under water.
Ah, yes. That. That's funny isn't it If you're in the right spot, you can see a little ponytail swimming.

Quote:

The swan dive is extremely cool!! It's almost like in Tomb Raider3
But I don't get the Double Johnny Rocket thing either. Just tried it to find out whether "my way" did trigger this thing or not, and in fact it does. So I'm lost there. I suppose it could be just another esmer, but I believe I was told about a double Johnny Rocket thing once, and I'm quite messed up lately.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-25 at 01:39.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:34

Quote:
Ah, yes. That. That's funny isn't it If you're in the right spot, you can see a little ponytail swimming.

The swan dive is extremely cool!! It's almost like in Tomb Raider3
But I don't get the Double Johnny Rocket thing either. Just tried it to find out whether "my way" did trigger this thing or not, and in fact it does. So I'm lost there. I suppose it could be just another esmer, but I believe I was told about a double Johnny Rocket thing once, and I'm quite messed up lately.
The guy in the swimming pool isn't Johnny. You can see the same sup in the ending, when it shows the beach on Desert Island.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:34
Magic Ball GrandMaster

- (rebug) GAME CRASH (finally found one )
Use the Car Save Bug against the narrow end of the pier, to supposedly appear on top of it. The game cannot move the car onto the pier, so if you force it to position it on top, the game will crash. Displaying an errormessage something about memory being accessed where it cannot. (I've attached a screenshot showing where to start)

I suppose the car save bug is not supposed to be possible in the first place, which is why the game does not need to handle the car on the pier, but I really can't see why for all scenery, this pier isn't compatible with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
The guy in the swimming pool isn't Johnny. You can see the same sup in the ending, when it shows the beach on Desert Island.
Lets just say we cannot tell which esmer it is and that we don't know if it is Johnny or not, because they look exactly the same. For all we know, Johnny could have taken off his clothes and put on a swimming cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Car towards the pier.png‎
Views:	183
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	8995  

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2011-11-25, 23:48

Quote:
Lets just say we cannot tell which esmer it is and that we don't know if it is Johnny or not, because they look exactly the same. For all we know, Johnny could have taken off his clothes and put on a swimming cap.
Hmz... Johnny and that swimming guy were both there every single time I played that part of the game. Besides, isn't it Johnny who shakes hands with Twinsen on Citadel Island? So he can't be on Desert Island at the same time, right?
Old 2011-11-26, 00:18
Magic Ball GrandMaster

What are you trying to prove then? I don't know what this double johnny thing's supposed to be, someone else mentioned it to me. So it doesn't matter, as far as I'm concerned, I could not prove the bug yet.

I will try this out more later. I'm currently trying out the protection spell in various occasions, to test if there are more critical shortcuts or bugexploits or something. Though I just quit the last runthrough, as I played the game from start to Rick's cafe, to come to the conclusion I should have left my tunic at the museum for this test... I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-26 at 00:31.
Old 2011-11-26, 05:55

anyone know what would happen if you abused glitches so much that you ended up going through the whole game without your tunic?
Old 2011-11-26, 11:26
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Yes, it is the NoTunic challenge, and it is completely possible. Check my challenges thread

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-26 at 14:10.
Old 2011-11-26, 12:47

i managed to find a little glicht with the lightning spell, when finding the sendells ball jump on to the air, open inventory and use the spell, you cant see twinsen using it but he does, your magic goes all the way down, the ball comes at you as it should but the candels dosen't light up. Its not that great of a bug but still.
Old 2011-11-27, 01:01
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Do you mean the lightning spell behaves slightly differently when performed in mid-air? I don't remember what happens if you do.
But I never really tested the candles in any way. I suppose they might be left unlightened in more occasions than you think.

Old 2011-11-27, 11:25

Quote:
Do you mean the lightning spell behaves slightly differently when performed in mid-air? I don't remember what happens if you do.
But I never really tested the candles in any way. I suppose they might be left unlightened in more occasions than you think.
no, it dosent work in mid-air enywhere else than the room where you get the sendells ball.
Old 2011-11-27, 23:42
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Aye, I see. What I think really happens, is that jumping does not allow you to use the lightning spell in the first place.

Triggering the lightning nevertheless while jumping, causes your jump to cancel just like normally anywhere, without casting the spell. This still disengages the protection around Sendell's ball though.

I thus interprete the game does not require the lightning spell itself for the Ball, just you pressing the keyboard shortcut or through the inventory. This means the lightning itself or the damage it causes is not initially what is used to get the Ball.

I couldn't class this as a bug as it is (most likely) by design. But granted it would have been more logical to use actual damage, or (which is what the story implies) the situation where all candles are lighten simultaneously. The latter though requires more complex code, as the situation might occur without using the ring of lightning at all (the candles light up randomly normally). I say it's a glitch.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-28 at 00:05.
Old 2011-11-28, 00:19
Magic Ball GrandMaster

There is something else that I need to add to the big huge pile... This is a rebug, so it only happens after you've been using other bug(s).

- (rebug) Double lightning bug:
If you acquire the ring of lightning before you reach any level of magic (when you thus cannot store any magic yet), the ring of lightning will then not be using any magic at all. This means you can keep using it without refilling, and you can add the animation up to two at the same time (the first is gone when the third appears). The ring will only be as powerful as Yellow. The ring stays yellow when you get your tunic.

As soon as you raise your magic level in any way it will lose its infinity usage.

Note, the bug occurs by
> using the ferry bug to get to desert island prematurely
> either using the protopack (acquired by jump/save bug) or jumping (with the behavior/damage glitch) to get the pearl
> using the pearl in the wizards tent back on citadel island,
> all before getting the tunic or saving raph/clearing storm.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-28 at 00:25.
Old 2011-11-29, 07:26

hmm, intresting, never tought that before, have you tryied getting other magic levels without the tunic? Would it be able to finish the game without the ball with just the unlimitless lightning spell if you can update your magic level?

oh sry didn't read your all the way.
Old 2011-11-29, 11:00
Magic Ball GrandMaster

You CAN finish the game without the tunic, that's the NoTunic challenge. You can finish the gamne without your magic ball too. You can also skip certain magic levels, but not Fire. If you think you can, go to the challenge thread and please do prove that you can

With the use of these bugs you can do all sorts of things that aren't supposed to be possible. If you need help in there at all, please ask, I know a lot about it.

Old 2011-11-29, 18:14
Polly parrot

Quote:
- (rebug) Double lightning bug:
If you acquire the ring of lightning before you reach any level of magic (when you thus cannot store any magic yet), the ring of lightning will then not be using any magic at all. This means you can keep using it without refilling, and you can add the animation up to two at the same time (the first is gone when the third appears). The ring will only be as powerful as Yellow. The ring stays yellow when you get your tunic.
I already did that, but in my inventory the ring is crossed out, like when I have not enough magic and is unuseable. Does the hotkey still works ?
Old 2011-11-29, 18:25
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
I already did that, but in my inventory the ring is crossed out, like when I have not enough magic and is unuseable. Does the hotkey still works ?
Forgot to mention. Yeah

Old 2011-11-29, 18:39
Polly parrot

And does it still do damage ? That's a pretty overpowered weapon early game...

Tags
bug, error, glitch, script, scripting