Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

View Poll Results: Which of these would win in a duel?
Pistolaser!!! Point & kill. 11 55.00%
Sabre!!! Run like mad and slice. 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-25, 21:25
strange dreamer

Pistolaser of Zarnon vs Emperor's Sabre

vs

The ultimate duel is on!
The MBNers must make a choice.

SGK and Twinsan are fighting for their points of view, but remember this duel is about which weapon would win, not about the members.

So, in a combat, which result seems more plausible to you?

#1 - Pistolaser Wins
Spoiler:

#2 - Sabre Wins
Spoiler:

VOTE !
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-05-25, 21:28
Panta rei

No poll... lol

And I'm also meant to be in this duel! But yea I guess I had my head blown off. I'll receive the award posthumously when the sabre wins
Old 2013-05-25, 21:29
strange dreamer

There you go, poll done. You're fast.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-05-25, 21:51
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
yah! styx voted saber.
Old 2013-05-25, 23:18
Previously Link

I used to prefer the saber, but your arguments are pretty convincing, SGK, I think i'll choose the pistolaser.
Old 2013-05-25, 23:28
You Only Live Twice

good luck getting into the emperors palace with that piece of shit XD or survive a fight with funfrock and his clone andriods.
Old 2013-05-25, 23:31
Magic Level: Fire Ball

It's actually the Emperor's sword, not sabre, and it's my favourite weapon in the game. But I've recently completed the game and the Pisto-Laser is not as useless as it seemed for me before.
Old 2013-05-25, 23:37
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
It's actually the Emperor's sword, not sabre, and it's my favourite weapon in the game. But I've recently completed the game and the Pisto-Laser is not as useless as it seemed for me before.
it's very niech weapon, on island CX is better than the magic ball to deal with the soldiers guarding the doors and ladders on the way to the facility.
Old 2013-05-26, 00:01
New efforts! :)

I love slicing things in LBA!

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2013-05-26, 00:09
strange dreamer

5 x 2 for the saber !?!??! you people dissapoint.
Quote:
Old 2013-05-26, 00:21
You Only Live Twice

Old 2013-05-26, 00:23
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
5 x 2 for the saber !?!??! you people dissapoint.
Disappoint? What are you talking about? The pisto laser is the biggest piece of shit in the game. Its utterly worthless except for gaining entry into the refinery

The blowgun is total butt too.
Old 2013-05-26, 00:24
strange dreamer

On a side note, this make me feel somehow more self-assured, since I never liked what the majority likes anyway...
Quote:
Old 2013-05-26, 00:25
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Disappoint? What are you talking about? The pisto laser is the biggest piece of shit in the game. Its utterly worthless except for gaining entry into the refinery

The blowgun is total butt too.

Quote:
On a side note, this make me feel somehow more self-assured, since I never liked what the majority likes anyway...
Sure you keep telling yourself that
Old 2013-05-26, 00:54
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necdilzor View Post
I love slicing things in LBA!
I also do. Slicing Francos is priceless... I actually like the sword better because it so different from the other weapons, it's really fast-paced, the others are too slow compared to it IMO (well, the blowgun is fast, but doesn't cause too much damage). And it's similar to aggressive mode, which is my other favourite.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:23
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
you're comparing the best weapon of the game with the worst! Even the blowgun is better than that thing (I always loved the blowgun because of its speed).
And I love backflipping with my sword, do that with a pistol if you can!
Old 2013-05-26, 01:47
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
you're comparing the best weapon of the game with the worst! Even the blowgun is better than that thing (I always loved the blowgun because of its speed).
And I love backflipping with my sword, do that with a pistol if you can!
technically the ring of cheating fire level is the best, if you mean the mot powerful and the fact it basicaly ohko's the finnal bosses
Old 2013-05-26, 01:59
strange dreamer

I really feel like finishing the entire game using only the pistolaser from start to end to prove you all wrong.
(but I won't because I don't have LBA2 installed nor I know how to modify save games to do that and it'd take an awful lot of my precious time anyway...)
Quote:
Old 2013-05-26, 02:03
<3 MP

Quote:
Suddenly I have an urge of finishing the entire game using only the pistolaser from start to end to prove you all wrong. (but I won't because I don't have LBA2 installed nor I know how to modify save games to do that)
Heheh have fun with that. Let us know how it goes
Old 2013-05-26, 03:26
Magic Ball Master

I love pistolaser and the mechanics of it (I can agree with almost everything Space Guitarist said) but it was so much fun cutting down Francos with the the Emperor's Sword hahaha I felt hungry every single time

Last edited by marcosmapf; 2013-05-26 at 14:28.
Old 2013-05-26, 10:46
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Not to be disappointing to you SGK, but I voted the sword because I think it enables you to fight more enemies, where the laser is lacking a powerlevel behind the sword.

Otherwise I too think the laser rocks, just like what you claim, just not better than the sword.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-05-26, 16:32
Panta rei

Sorry SGK you're getting you're ass kicked in this poll, I would have left it at semi-mutual agreement if i was you.
Old 2013-05-26, 19:20
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
Sorry SGK you're getting you're ass kicked in this poll, I would have left it at semi-mutual agreement if i was you.
Nah, even if I lose, this whole thing was a lot more exciting and fun than the wrestlefests.
Quote:
Old 2013-05-26, 20:37
Previously Link

...and actually, score is 9 - 7 now, not exactly getting his ass kicked...
Old 2013-05-26, 20:39
Panta rei

Hmmm... I spoke too soon so it seems