Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2013-06-28, 16:40
strange dreamer

I have prophetic dreams of LBA3 !

So this morning I woke up with a few faint memories of what seemed to be LBA 3. I could not remember much, but I do remember it was awesome!

And I remember it was really fun, so fun I did not stop to think and realize I was playing LBA 3 during the dream. As with every dream, they are a bit strange, so I remember the type of gameplay kept changing all the time, sometimes I was flying over to any place, then suddenly it would change to a platformer, then a bird-eye top view, etc. I'm sorry not to be able to provide more info, I really remember just the feeling, not imagery.

What about you, have you ever dreamed of LBA 3, literally?

A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-06-28, 19:43
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Haha, be careful or you may find yourself in an asylum...

I've had a dream about LBA3 in the past but I can't remember it, only that it had LBA2 graphics. Sorry
Old 2013-06-29, 08:10
Fruto di tutti frutti

Funny, but just last night I had a dream about another meeting with Frederick

But it was a nightmare actually, because we were to record an interview, and I forgot all the questions!
Old 2013-06-29, 10:46
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
many, many years ago i dreamt i was playing LBA3.
in it, twinsen was older and had a beard. he was living in a big city, and was apparently living the life of a regular person, cause the game started with him going to work in the morning with a briefcase. the weird thing was he didn't board the bus that was supposed to pick him up to work, he caught on to the back of the bus, and was just sort of flapping in the wind as the bus drove.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-06-29, 12:36
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Random comment from Facebook:
Quote:
Last night I had a dream - LBA3 $10mil @ KickStarter and 10 days left!!!
Old 2013-06-29, 13:07
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
in it, twinsen was older and had a beard. he was living in a big city, and was apparently living the life of a regular person, cause the game started with him going to work in the morning with a briefcase. the weird thing was he didn't board the bus that was supposed to pick him up to work, he caught on to the back of the bus, and was just sort of flapping in the wind as the bus drove.
Old 2013-06-29, 19:07
Polly parrot

Never had any

I mostly picture it with a free camera looking at the side of Twinsen while he throws his fireball at some wood that catches fire...
Darkflame's post made this to me
Old 2013-06-30, 06:00
strange dreamer

Quote:
Could it be? at last? a serious post by anakin? ...

Quote:
(...) sort of flapping in the wind as the bus drove.
... aaand it's gone.

(If your post was serious my apologies, but, wth. o_O)
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-06-30, 15:31
Magic Level: Green Ball

I had a lot of lba3 dreams when I was younger, and some days ago I was playing it again in my dream. I remember meeting Zoe who had awful voice and was really stupid. I felt disappointed...
Old 2013-06-30, 19:09
Polly parrot

Reekin's post was serious I think, and very poetic...

Last edited by Polaris; 2013-06-30 at 19:16.
Old 2013-06-30, 22:46
Magic Ball Master

I never had any dreams with LBA3... I had several dreams, though, where It was like if was playing LBA2 but the story wasn't the same. Like if I was writing my own LBA story with improved graphics. Could you call that LBA3?
Old 2013-07-03, 18:44
LOLwut?

Pfff, I have had those "prophetic" LBA dreams before. Once or twice, at least.

The only one I remember was a "gameplay" one.

I was twinsen, at the bottom of the Hamalayi mountains, with life-like graphics and stuff. The music was fantastic, or so it felt like

It wasn't a remake of the first, but a free-roam fully open Twinsun map, with night and day cycles and all. It was awesome. Wish I had dreamed about it again.

@ Renesans: If you think that people should be put into the asylum for dreaming about LBA, then what about guys dreaming about SimCity? Now, that's the real deal.

Old 2013-07-03, 20:12
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Some years ago I would play Tetris every day for hours. During the night I saw tetris blocks fall down from the ceiling. Beat that
Old 2013-07-04, 00:14
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streg View Post
Some years ago I would play Tetris every day for hours. During the night I saw tetris blocks fall down from the ceiling. Beat that
This is actually quite interesting.
What if we made games particularly designed to later have an effect in your reality after hours of playing?
Quote:
Old 2013-07-04, 00:16
Magic Ball Master

That would open the way to Brainwash even further SpaceGuitarist. I bet several companies would put "ads" in our heads so we would want to buy many products from the sponsors later on. Although I would realy enjoy it if you just ignore what I said
Old 2013-07-14, 05:02
~le photographer~

Many years ago I found myself dreaming about LBA2 (I think I posted about this somewhere on MBN), where it actually happened... About LBA3 I did once, but barely can remember it. All I remember was Citadel Island, being a full-3D area (no different spaces or borders)...

Web | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
Old 2013-07-14, 08:36
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
yeah the dream was real, i was quite small when i had it though.
he wasn't exactly flapping in the wind, he was holding onto the back of the bus while it was driving so he was horizontal like.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-07-14, 18:55
Magic Level: Red Ball

I have a prophetic vision ...

LBA3 will be announced in 2014
Old 2013-07-14, 23:56
Magic Ball Master

that's not prophetic, we have that info already