Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2013-06-27, 08:30
Magic Level: Red Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
hell yeeeeeah.

Thanks I will tell them that
Old 2013-06-27, 09:50
Banned

Thumbs Up

Totally awesome!
Old 2013-06-27, 12:32
Fruto di tutti frutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Some questions:

Anything about other projects? What he actually do now-a-days for living?

Did you talk about the LBA1&2 library idea we talked few months ago?

Is this remake a complete rewrite of the game's code or they picked the source code and start porting to new systems? Are they using twin-e/prequengine by any chance?

Is there any technical subject you asked that can be shared?
Sorry, we haven't asked these questions. Maybe if you posted them in the other thread before we met him...

But I think I can give you the answer for the complete rewrite question: yes, it is a complete rewrite, because they are making the remake in Monkey, and it will generate the code for iOs and Android.

As for technical subjects, I don't remember much of them. The ones that I remember, and I did not write in the Q & A:
  • Fred said we can ask him for pieces of the source code, and he will then ask Sebastien, but he should agree (but we have to keep asking, because Fred may forget about it (too many people asking him all the things constantly ). They will not give anyone the whole source code, because they don't want it it to become publicly available (the code pieces also shall never be presented publicly). I have already asked for something, but no answer till now.
  • When they were making LBA1 and 2, their design system was quite advanced. He said they were able to debug the scripts step by step.
  • The WireFred has a 3D model editor, which has been based on the 3Desk - the model editor used for LBA1 (and 2 perhaps).

If I remember something more, I will write it
Old 2013-06-27, 15:22
Magic Level: Green Ball

Thanks for compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
Fred looks really old though
The photos don't pay justice to him, in reality he looks younger and is handsome I also thought that he is younger than 47... He better hurried, I want to have LBA8 before he is 90...

a cooperative gameplay with several characters?

in lba2 I liked the moment when Twinsen together with Zoe were going to the lighthouse... I'd like to have sth like this in lba3, some parts played by Twinsen, some by Arthur, maybe some by both of them.
Or, maybe we could switch the characters: Twinsen has to steal something but is too big to crawl through the window. You have to go back to his house, switch the playable character to Arthur and then Artur can do what Twinsen couldn't.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1026223_10201258979693547_1716330537_o.jpg‎
Views:	140
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	9744  
Old 2013-06-27, 17:29
Magic Ball GrandMaster

More compliments

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-06-27, 18:10
Polly parrot

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!
Hack that 3DS quickly and give me an android emulator

How to handle multiple characters ?...

A co-op is the first thing coming to mind, there could be switches you can only reach if you make your balls bounce into eachother

For a non co-op... Dino-fly race ? Something about capturing different bases with clone/rebel armies ?
Old 2013-06-27, 18:41
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I just don't think you should play LBA with other people at once, on one computer. At least use a network and play LAN, via the internet, or online.

If you're sitting next to your friend while you play together, it won't have the same feeling as when you're doing it on your own. It'd be a different kind of adventure, if it could be one in the first place.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2013-06-27, 19:52
Magic Level: Green Ball

Well I'm not a fan of co-op in general, and I've allways thought LBA should be a solo game. However a couple of things come to mind that would fit the games nicely..

For one you have the lego-coop. Some players can enter certain rooms/islands but others can't. Then again, we kinda only have Twinsen and Arthur, and the lego thing kinda only worked on star wars (where they had so many types of characters). So the only way this could work, would be if Twinsen could enlist the help of other citizen which all have their strengths and weaknesses. For example, the rabbibunnies are thin and fast, grobos are slow and powerful. Even with these changes, I still can't see LBA going offline co-op.

Now I think maybe npc-companion is the way to go for LBA. Think Last of us, or Bioshock infinite.. I say this because I've never really bought the idea of Arthur as a playable character. First of all, this is Twinsens story, not Arthurs, although he certainly plays a role. A playable Zoe would be aaaaawful, and tbh I really want to see her die in LBA3.. Not because I don't like her, but Twinsen needs motivation, and I for one want to see Twinsen out for blood revenge..

But I'm getting way ahead of myself. As written above, I don't think offline multiplayer would work in any imaginable way. However, online, I'm all up for that. Not so much openworld mmo, but maybe challenges with online scoreboards. Other than that, LBA is a singleplayer experience, and there's nothing bad about that. In fact, look at Dishonored, beautiful game, no online, no co-op.
Old 2013-06-28, 17:51
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
But I think I can give you the answer for the complete rewrite question: yes, it is a complete rewrite, because they are making the remake in Monkey, and it will generate the code for iOs and Android.
Okay, that explains why they are taking so long to make the game or give us more info.
From what I saw from Monkey, it have its own syntax quite different from C used on LBA.
Just hope this engine doesn't give them more issues than benefits.

Quote:
As for technical subjects, I don't remember much of them. The ones that I remember, and I did not write in the Q & A:
Fred said we can ask him for pieces of the source code, and he will then ask Sebastien, but he should agree (but we have to keep asking, because Fred may forget about it (too many people asking him all the things constantly ). They will not give anyone the whole source code, because they don't want it it to become publicly available (the code pieces also shall never be presented publicly). I have already asked for something, but no answer till now.
Yes, he agree to give me some piece of Holomap code to be implemented in twin-e but already pass a lot of months and nothing. Maybe I need to request again.

The right time for a source code release already vanish. Now that they are releasing the games again this probably will never happen, unfortunately.

Quote:
When they were making LBA1 and 2, their design system was quite advanced. He said they were able to debug the scripts step by step.
Yes, we can see that on LBA2 interview. The tools they used really looked great from the few we saw.
Will be great to see more from it.

Quote:
The WireFred has a 3D model editor, which has been based on the 3Desk - the model editor used for LBA1 (and 2 perhaps).
I was to ask the same thing because it really looks like that. Will be great to have that tool in our hands to decipher the whole 3D format.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2013-06-29, 17:05
Neko

Looks like it was fun, cool.
Old 2013-07-04, 12:54
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Thank you for this interview Zink.

Does anyone know who booked this link on the web ?

http://lbagames.com/
Old 2013-07-04, 13:37
Magic Ball Master

GoDaddy as register the domain. Some companies do this for selling the domains at a higher price if someone want to use them.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2013-07-04, 16:51
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Which is called domain squatting, and is illegal.
Old 2013-07-06, 21:55
Hero of the Planet

I'm hesitant about the remakes on the platforms that they'll come out on, but I can't say I won't buy them (I definitely will)
I'm so glad there is more talk of Little Big Adventure 3 nowadays =D These games just mean so much to me and my childhood
The time is near. During the next ceremony, Dark Monk, our reincarnated God, will reunite the four keys of the four Zeelichian races. And the ground will open.. And the gas and its monsters will flee screaming into the sky. And the curse will lift. We will live and die as before, on our Zeelich restored anew.
Old 2013-07-06, 21:58
Magic Ball Master

I wish they could make a LBA remake or LBA3 for Nintendo 3DS, I would love it!
Old 2013-07-06, 22:29
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Indeed. I'd love to explore around the world of LBA from my sofa :P
Old 2013-07-07, 09:12
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Indeed. I'd love to explore around the world of LBA from my sofa :P
wireless keyboard

Old 2013-07-07, 09:28
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
I wish they could make a LBA remake or LBA3 for Nintendo 3DS, I would love it!
Hell yeah
Old 2013-07-07, 13:00

I could have a traduction in french please ?
Old 2013-07-07, 19:48
Fruto di tutti frutti

We were talking in English
Old 2013-07-07, 20:55

Quote:
We were talking in English
Yes, but i want a man when translate the interview in french.

thx
Old 2013-07-10, 20:59

aucun francais pour traduire l'interview ?
Old 2013-07-10, 22:49
Magic Level: Fire Ball

I don't think someone would bother to translate the whole text just for you. Ask the things you don't understand and we'll try to help.

~~~

From Fred's Facebook, asked by some friend of Fred:
Quote:
Hello. I´d really like if you had the chance to remake Alone in the Dark, is this possible? Or who´s the one who owns the rights? Thank you
And Fred's answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Raynal
Everyday that goes by, increases my itch to go back to the genre. My ideas about it become clearer and clearer. Little Big Adventure will be my next focus, but I would jump on the opportunity to start a survival horror anytime...
Old 2013-07-10, 23:40
strange dreamer

Awesome.

Btw why didn't he take part in making AITD 2 and 3?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-07-10, 23:57
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Btw why didn't he take part in making AITD 2 and 3?
I believe that there was some disagreement between him and Infogrames. This shows Fred doesn't like to be told what to do, he loves freedom. A true Frenchman.