Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

View Poll Results: How much would you give to have the game of your dreams become true?
10 € 6 11.11%
25 € 8 14.81%
50 € 14 25.93%
100 € 9 16.67%
250 € 7 12.96%
500 € 3 5.56%
800 € 0 0%
1000 € 3 5.56%
1500 € 0 0%
2500 € 1 1.85%
5000 € 2 3.70%
Above 5000 € 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-30, 22:36
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I bet that he knows all of this too, and doesn't even listen to our well-intentioned "suggestions". Unless he is one of those B-brand gamedevelopers like those who created the LBA series.

* Jack-humour alert.
** = I'm not suggesting he's a bad developer, but suggesting that he shouldn't listen to us.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-07-30, 23:55
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
i don't see why it's so obvious that they shouldn't take suggestions from us.
they're not gods, they don't belong to a superior class of beings, it's perfectly possible that someone here will come up with a great idea for lba3, why should a suggestion made by an mbn'er be deemed unworthy before it was even made?
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-07-31, 00:35
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex_Hollywood View Post
in the past 15 years I've played other games which I consider as better
Names please?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-07-31, 00:38
Magic Ball Master

I think they SHOULD listen to our best ideas and consider then, but only accept few of those (if any), because we don't know what they have in mind or how they have planned the game all these years. Listening too much of our ideas might just ruin the whole game...
Old 2013-07-31, 00:54
strange dreamer

The problem is that by listening all suggestions, even if it's to discard later, that process already ruins the neutrality of their original concept.

Much like in the classic english fairy tale Lazy Jack, suggestions aren't necessarily of any help.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-07-31, 01:10
Magic Ball Master

Do you mean, it will ruin the "purity" or LBA3?
I think it was ruined long ago, because so many people must have annoyed him all these years asking for a sequel and telling him what they would like on it. Of course, it would make things even worse if we spammed him with suggestion, but I think he probably had enough already
Old 2013-07-31, 01:19
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
I think it was ruined long ago, because so many people must have annoyed him all these years asking for a sequel and telling him what they would like on it. Of course, it would make things even worse if we spammed him with suggestion, but I think he probably had enough already
Exactly, Marcos. Which is why I fear the day he announces LBA 3 is officially in development...
Quote:
Old 2013-07-31, 02:26
Magic Ball Master

I rather fear the day it is announced to be in development then fear that it would never have a sequel (Like we used to a few months ago)

Last edited by marcosmapf; 2013-07-31 at 02:56.
Old 2013-07-31, 09:25
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Excuse me? I'm pretty sure Fred is grateful that people still remember and love his 19 year old series enough to want a sequel after all this time.
If I were him I wouldn't be annoyed at all, I would be proud that my past work has remained so vivid in people's minds.
Also Fred strikes me as the kind of guy who has a very clear vision of what he wants to do with his games from the start and will stick to it all the way through, for the better or worse.
Old 2013-07-31, 09:40
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Call me crazy, but i just want lba3 to be good, not netural (whatever the hell that means).
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-07-31, 09:50
Neko

I also want lba3 to be good. Let's start a poll
Old 2013-07-31, 19:32
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
netural doesn't mean anything, neutral does mean something
We all would love if if LBA3 was an awesome game, not some of those games you finish in a few days and then you forget about it... but given the quality of todays games, having a "good" lba3 would be enough already.
Old 2013-07-31, 22:06
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
The action-adventure genre is so badly catered too, Id love to have any new action adventure, let alone LBA.
So, yes, "good" would still be "great" for me.

Besides, who wants just LBA3. It might end a arc, but that doesn't mean it should be the last game ^_^
Old 2013-07-31, 22:11
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Besides, who wants just LBA3. It might end a arc, but that doesn't mean it should be the last game ^_^
Something like... LBA1,2&3 are episode 1?
How much votes would we need for that?

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2013-07-31, 23:39
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Excuse me? I'm pretty sure Fred is grateful that people still remember and love his 19 year old series enough to want a sequel after all this time.
If I were him I wouldn't be annoyed at all, I would be proud that my past work has remained so vivid in people's minds.
Also Fred strikes me as the kind of guy who has a very clear vision of what he wants to do with his games from the start and will stick to it all the way through, for the better or worse.
I don't think you understood what I wanted to say. I meant all those people wanted a sequel and started spamming him ideas and questions, so he probably got annoyned once in a while. I would be super happy if my fan-base started asking me question and things about the game, but after the 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th time It would get realy annoying to answer the same things over and over...
Old 2013-08-02, 21:49

When i am developing games together with my collegue, and the place where i worked before, familie or friends always had these "great ideas" to make it "better". "Did you think about this or that"? That is very common... Everyone have played videogames at some point in there lives (or still do) and thinks he knows something about creating them. Well.. it isn't easy to create a game that is (and stays) fun to play. People underestimate that. Sometimes you just know that things will not work because you've tested them in a prototype. People still bring them up. It's a whole progress of brainstorming, testing, prototyping.

The thing is.. someone like Fred with al his experience knows instantly if things works in a game or if they don't. There are still a lot of people working in the gameindustry today that could learn a lot from him. (I wish he was the one who visited my university when i was still there), unfortunately there where only visiting Dutch gamedevelopers. Yep Fred is still my favorite gamedeveloper nowadays. Let the man just do his thing and everything will be alright, i'm sure about that.

Last edited by Nieniepaninii; 2013-08-02 at 22:02.
Old 2013-08-03, 00:25
strange dreamer

According to an interview, this is all you need to make LBA:

Quote:
Give us an impression of what it was like to work for Adeline Software International.

Thanks to P. De Senneville (Adeline Producer), we were a bunch of crazy and creative people working in total freedom, with no waterproofing between each part of the development (coding, artwork, animation, design and music) with permanent and mutual immersion. A lot of work and energy, coupled with passion, enthusiasm, laughs, fights and beer at the end too.
Can there be any better work enviroment than this?
Also, why is it most game companies don't understand that more freedom = better games.
Quote:
Old 2013-08-03, 01:20
Magic Ball Master

Because they are dumb and want total control over their games. The same happens when companies won't let modders work on their games (much like Blizzard, with Diablo 3), the game gets stale much faster, while with freedom to mod the game gets to be much more energetic and inovative (Much like Torchlight or Minecraft, which have new maps, items and etc every day)
Old 2013-08-03, 01:32

I voted 250 euros, but honestly if I had the money I would probably donate 500. Fresh out of uni and looking for work as a web designer, so hopefully Ill have some money soon
Old 2013-08-03, 02:28
Magic Ball Master

Nothing. I don't use Amazon payments, the only form of currency accepted by Kickstarter.
Old 2013-08-03, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Nothing. I don't use Amazon payments, the only form of currency accepted by Kickstarter.
Kickstarter UK does NOT use Amazon Payments, you pay directly on Kickstarter's website. It has more possibility of being an UK project than an US one.

Last edited by Renesans; 2013-08-03 at 10:07.
Old 2013-08-03, 11:09
Magic Ball GrandMaster

On a related note, for me the payment will have to be in the form of IDEAL.

Old 2013-08-03, 12:03

I Would use PayPal if it would be possible
Old 2013-08-03, 12:56
Pim! Pim!

i'd drop some serious coin for a chance to experience more of twinsun!!
Old 2013-08-03, 14:44

Any form of payment using credit/debit cards would be acceptable for me. I don't think payment method is relevant.