Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2011-10-12, 19:49
Neko

series reboot

So we heard several things about a possible reboot. One of the options may in the future be an I-pad/any tablet release. I heard things about finding a new audience and changing the gameplay, but also the accesibility.
Fred mentioned several times that nowadays games have to be easier.

I'm slightly worried that a succesfull I-pad release of a new lba game (wether or not it will actually be lba3, or just an introductionary game) will also affect LBA3 itself. Because the new audience would expect a similar game on the pc. Not a full blown challenging adventure/action/rpg game that is difficult to play.

I wouldn't mind a simple lba game on a tablet, just to introduce people to try out the more adult and difficult PC games. But I wouldn't really like a LBA3 that's just a simple game. Action, adventure, and a little bit of RPG...that's what made it what it is....

Lba3 shouldn't be of a lesser scale then lba2. Come on, it's about the stellar genesis
Old 2011-10-12, 20:01
Lemonhead

I took it as meaning they want to refine the small, frustrating annoyances. Like being hurt for running into walls, having to change between walk/run/etc... and autoaim for the magic ball. But none of these will change the fundamental gameplay and atmosphere.
The creatures arranged in a line and started to rape Twinsen in his anus, one by one.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
P.S. Forgot to mention that Twinsen's remains were fed to dogs.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
O.K., let's change the execution part. Maybe he was just beaten to death with clubs???
Old 2011-10-12, 20:03
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Yeah, some little changes to make it work with a multitouch interface fluently. I trust Fred & co. and I know if LBA3 will be, it will be EPIC!
Old 2011-10-12, 20:11
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I'm pretty sure the iPad port would just be controlls changed, some graphics/ui updates and the difficulty rebalanced to suit the controls.

For any new LBA game, I dont think they would oversimplify, but I suspect they might do a shorter game or even episodic release's for budget reasons.

Besides, I think its a bit of a myth you need to dumb stuff down to get new players....some of those Professor Layton puzzles are bloody hard, and that series is insanely successful....the key is to make something easy to get into, but not necessary easy or simple to play.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:44
Magic Ball GrandMaster

The idea of rebooting LBA is a really good one. It has been too long ago that the two games were released, and besides the MBN, I honestly don't hear anything about them anymore. No one would know the history, the struggle, the sheer joy, the victory of success. Any new audience in this era should be reintroduced to the story, whether that is by a standalone reboot or a shorter recap within LBA3.

A port to iPad or whatever would be nice for a wider entrance, but I want to be sure the PC is not left alone. If anything, the PC should be takin into account before release. And not because I only have a pc myself!

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2011-10-12, 21:26
You what?!

Think about the changes made between LBA1 and LBA2. Regardless of which game you like best, I almost guarantee you'll agree that LBA2 was much easier to handle. I think we can trust them to only make improvements. That behaviour mode thing has got to go.
Old 2011-10-12, 21:28
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
nd besides the MBN, I honestly don't hear anything about them anymore.
Only because it doesnt come up often - but look at the reaction on the Gog forums (many people guessed the game from the teaser image) or Joystiq.
Lots of people still remember and love the games, that doesnt mean they post on forums, and especialy not here, however.

That said, you didnt need to know LBA1s plot for LBA2, so I'm sure a third game would be the same. Much like "Tales of Monkey Island" is enjoyable if you played the older games or not.
Old 2011-10-12, 21:30
You what?!

Especially as it has been so long, they'll almost definitely make it work as a standalone game while hopefully wrapping up the few loose ends they left with us original players.