Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2011-11-14, 00:22
Magic Ball Master

LBA1&2 Glitchs/Bugs

I'm starting this thread so we can have a unique place where we can find every game glitch or bug we know so far. It's also to find solutions for each bug and try to make a possible patch for each game with all bugs sort out.

I'll start with what I had in mind now.

LBA1:
- Red card issue
- Door won't open if you don't read Book of Bù inventory item

LBA2:
- Talk with ferryman issue
- Ferry ticket bug
- Jump save bug

The Sacred Carrot website

Last edited by xesf; 2011-11-14 at 11:48. Reason: Added new bugs
Old 2011-11-14, 05:47
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
The ferry ticket bug.
The jump/save bug.
Old 2011-11-14, 11:50
Magic Ball Master

Edit my post to be updated. I will later identify a common category for each issue. Something like: scripting, code, etc..

Old 2011-11-14, 12:19
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Let's not forget all these , of which some were (re)discovered during my challenges:

LBA2
- Car steering bug
- Car save bug (move through scenery, see here)
- (rebug) Automatic magic level Red at Rick's place
- (glitch) Behavior menu/shortcut canceling damage-animation
- Car teleport (de)bug at racetrack (see here)
- Wizard bug in Celebration Island Statue
- (rebug) Zoé disappears when you enter your car (and get out)
- Gallic acid bug (see here)

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-14 at 12:38.
Old 2011-11-14, 17:34
Magic Ball Master

I once managed to glitch the car in a way that Twinsen was out of the car, but his legs moved in a wheel-like fashion. I made screenshots but also uploaded the savegame.

LBA2:
- when collecting the Nitro-Meca-Penguin at the backstage of Rick's café, you will lose all previous Meca-Penguins
- when you go to the ferry pier after the crash-land on Twinsun (the ferry is no longer there), you can still enter the invisible ferry and it takes you to the other island (and make you stuck there, because Dino-Fly doesn't come with you)
- When wearing the wizard's tunic and shooting from inside the car, the bullets don't come out of the gun, but out of the tip of Twinsen's magic hat.
Old 2011-11-14, 18:38
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
I once managed to glitch the car in a way that Twinsen was out of the car, but his legs moved in a wheel-like fashion. I made screenshots but also uploaded the savegame.
That's hilarious!
Reminded me of:
Old 2011-11-14, 21:11
Magic Ball Master

Oh yeah. That was actually my first thread I created on the MBN.
Old 2011-11-14, 21:30
Fruto di tutti frutti

It would be good to have descriptions of what each bug does and how to reproduce it. Names don't mean anything if one is not familiar with the bugs.
Old 2011-11-14, 21:37
Magic Ball Master

LBA 1 : Reading the Book of Bù in the dark museum makes the screen colors go weird.
Old 2011-11-14, 23:17
Magic Ball GrandMaster

So far I know this myself:

LBA2:
- Ferry ticket bug
If you buy a ticket on Citadel island before the storm is cleared, you can still enter the ferry by standing against it on the pier and using your ticket. Then, because it won't start sailing, if you hit the Esc button to cancel the cutscene that won't start, you'll end up at Desert Island nevertheless.

- Jump save bug
If you start a jump (either from standing still or a running jump), and press the Esc button to open the menu before you start falling down, you can save your position and a new jump will commence from there, if you load the save right away. This will enable you to get higher with the jump, and if you repeat the process, you can get infinitly high. You cannot jump from scene to scene if you weren't supposed to in the first place (like over the Otringal Palace gate if you haven't got a key).

- Car save bug
You can use the jump/save bug with the car too, but instead of starting a jump, press forward while saving, and keep pressing while loading. This will move you forward with the car, regardless of scenery, evitably into places you couldn't normally reach (like on top of mountains, in the village or cemetery).

- (rebug) Automatic magic level Red at Rick's place
If you enter Rick's cafe on Otringal before you reach ANY level of magic, your magic meter will expand and fill to level Red automatically. This can only happen if you used the jump/save bug before, to be able to get there without magic. Having a magic level of Yellow, Green or Red already doesn't trigger this bug.

- (glitch) Behavior menu/shortcut canceling damage-animation
If you get hit, normally a damage animation would play and cause you to stumble backwards. If however, you hold a behavior shortcut key when or before you get hit, no animation is played and you'll stay put. This also stretches polygons of scenery/enemies sometimes. By not playing the normal animation, it is possible to get over spikes without (much) stumbling backwards, by immediately starting a new jump after release of the behavior button. This may require some practice though. And secondly note you will take damage regardless the lack of animation.

- Car teleport (de)bug at racetrack
When you already have the car on desert island somewhere when you're at the racetrack, but the car is beyond the balsam plant(mountain), you can teleport the car back to you on the racetrack. Stand on the left arrow (the one next to the one the other guy is using), and press the action button. Either Space in normal mode or W (or equivalent) in sporty will work. The car will then actually teleport, and you'll be automatically in it, in the angle the car was initially before teleport.

- (rebug) Zoé disappears when you enter your car
You can fly with Dino-fly to the desert when you're with Zoé, if you used the Ferry- and jump/save bugs to get there first, acquired the healing horn, and healed Dino-fly respectively. When you resque Raph after that and walk Zoé to the lighthouse, go to Dino-fly instead. It will disregard Zoé, and she reappears when you arrive at Desert Island (or the Dome of the Slate, but you won't be leaving there if you complete the test). The car will be automatically repaired and on desert island, and entering it will relieve you of Zoé altogether. Do note this will get you stuck in the scene walking Zoé to the lighthouse (again), if you happen to get there later. Even after returning from Zeelich and the esmers have taken over.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-14 at 23:26.
Old 2011-11-14, 23:37
Magic Level: Purple Ball

Am I the only one that got this one.
In LBA2 at the School Of Magic, when getting the key to open the metal door, there is a NitroMegaPenguin at the corner of the inset of the statues by the left wall. When you got it, I allways had a glitch that i couldnt move forward or bagward, just left and right. At first I tought it was just me pressing the wrong buttons but at time it happened again and again so now I think its a glitch. I cant try it out with my new computer becouse of windows 7. Could somebody confirm this and try it out?
Old 2011-11-14, 23:39
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I do remember such a weird controls behavior, but I don't actually remember where I experienced it. I could try it some time.

Old 2011-11-16, 22:45
Polly parrot

Quote:

The best one is discreet mode !
(The stealthy one, not sure how it's called in English)
Old 2011-11-16, 22:50
Magic Ball Master

Discreet mode, indeed. It's been very long since I last played that though, I don't remember how discreet mode worked.
Old 2011-11-16, 23:20
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I only use discreet to catch the umbrella dumbass brother, if I try to at all. Or to pass the ball throwing obstacle to get the key to the door to the classroom of the scool of magic, if I don't speed it up with the jsb. Can't remember many other places.

But I do remember another LBA2 bug.

- Train DeathPosition bug
If you happen to get in the way of an object, like a train or armed tank, you will lose A LOT of your health all at once, often killing you instantly, without the possibility to move out of the way or to be pushed aside. This also applies to normal less damaging objects (fireflies), in case you're pressing a behavior shortcut. This will make the game think you stay in the damaging zone, and keeps damaging you until you die or move away because you keep the same position.

Old 2011-11-16, 23:42
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
- Train DeathPosition bug
If you happen to get in the way of an object, like a train or armed tank, you will lose A LOT of your health all at once, often killing you instantly, without the possibility to move out of the way or to be pushed aside. This also applies to normal less damaging objects (fireflies), in case you're pressing a behavior shortcut. This will make the game think you stay in the damaging zone, and keeps damaging you until you die or move away because you keep the same position.
Reminds me of when I tried to make the train run over the watchdog. I have evidence on video.
Old 2011-11-16, 23:56
Polly parrot

Quote:
Discreet mode, indeed. It's been very long since I last played that though, I don't remember how discreet mode worked.
I meant in your bug, he starts to run with his arms backward
Old 2011-11-18, 06:24
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
LBA2: Eternal Skeleton Bug.
If you walk over the electric bridge in the secret base under the Temple of Bu (or in any other place where electricity might hit you) with a protective spell, and then take it away, Twinsen may turn into a skeleton in a grey transparent tunic, that can't do anything (only walk). You can't change back without hacking the game's memory.
Old 2011-11-18, 12:52
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Another LBA2 one:

- The Money Monkey bug (possibly a rebug)
If you get to the Elevator platform beyond the island of the Francos, but haven't got your super yetpack or talked to Johnny Rocket, you will arrive at the platform, with the camera bound to the monkey instead. And after the conversation is completed, he will turn around and keep trying to walk to "you" eternally. There is no way to continue from there, as you don't have any body and can't do anything besides loading a save. You can prevent this by propery acquiring your super yetpack before you talk to Johnny Rocket.

Old 2011-11-18, 15:16
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Pearl of Incandescence bug:

Here is the bug I encountered when I first played LBA2 many years ago, but clearly remember because I had to use another set of savegames after encountering it.

There is a way to take the pearl of incandescence without the jetpack. So I reached the cavern and decided to go through the spike field. I was exploring, didn't know there might be a jet-pack later so I decided to go through the spikes. It takes a couple of tries, but if you keep jumping and jumping you can actually reach it and take it. Problem is, the game scripts wreak havoc after that, and some of the story events get jumbled. For example, you see a crashed space ship, I think, but you weren't even off-planet for the first time. True, you can proceed a bit, but then you hit the dead-end with the missing itinerary coin/symbol (forgot the exact name). It is not where it is supposed to be and you cannot proceed further.

It's funny I encountered the bug the first time I played. Anyway, finished the game many times afterwards and really really loved it.
Old 2011-11-18, 15:32
Magic Ball GrandMaster

You might be refering to the Behavior cancelling damage-animation glitch, with which you can jump over the spikes without being pushed back, or a clever jump/save bug with which you jumped all the way in one go, in either way you'd simply get the pearl before you're needed to. This doesn't directly affect the immediate behavior of the story, only that you can get the lightning ring right away. However, the spaceshuttle being on Citadel island could have been there if you went to Zeelich before clearing the storm.

Are you really sure you didn't use the hacienda invitation of the esmers to get to Zeelich, before you encountered all of this? As far as I know, there isn't any connection between the pearl and the crashed shuttle.
I've just tested it again to be sure, and getting the pearl right from exiting your home does not trigger the crashed shuttle on citadel island.

What IS a bug, is the glitchy magical apearance effect of Joe the Elf, that occurs if you press Action on the spot where the crashed space shuttle would be (when it isn't there yet).

Last edited by J McKalling; 2011-11-18 at 15:49.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:06

I don't remember every single detail, but I am sure I didn't do the jump-save bug, just kept jumping on and on for about ten minutes. Also I remember I needed to use the pearl somewhere, I got the pearl early as mentioned, and progressed on with the story, and quite possibly used the pearl. There's a slight chance that I even didn't use it, but I am pretty sure that the moment I got back to the place where the space shuttle crashed, it was there crashed already, and when *actually* going to space, the itinerary token was simply gone, because the game assumed I have already been there and taken it.

And yeah it doesn't have any connection, that's the problem. You weren't supposed to get the pearl early. I am sure that once you got it, the game assumed you were further on in the story and spawned more events that should have happened already. Unfortunately, that also included removing the token and effectively blocking your progress.

There is another possibility that I actually used the pearl early, that lightning ring that you mentioned, I might have done a couple things with it and then went to space for the first time. Either that or what I explained already. But there is also the fact that I remember this happening *only* when I got the pearl early. As I said in the previous post, I finished the game through the years many many times, and I remember I played in a somewhat similar way to my first run with the only difference that I didn't go for the pearl early. Never got the early space shuttle/missing token bug in any of the subsequent runs.

Hope what I said is helpful.

Last edited by YavorN; 2011-11-18 at 20:18.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:03
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Well I am absolutely positive getting the pearl early doesn't do squad.
All you could have done is used the ring of lightning on the ball of sendell, which opens up the second route to Zeelich. But you would not be able to come back to Twinsun if you had taken it.

I do know the token will not be there if you actually own it (or another) already, that's not a bug though.

In response to what you're telling about using the pearl, I take it you mean trading it in for the ring of lightning. There is no other use. I think it would be best if you could reproduce the situation for us, so we can check it out.

Old 2011-11-19, 13:33

Did you get the pearl before venturing into space? And mate, I am telling you what happened. And, yes, I managed to go into space. And no, I didn't take the token already, that's what I explained. The game thought I had taken it already and went to space, but I didn't. Hence, the crashed shuttle, and token gone when I actually needed it. And with the token missing I couldn't return. I thought I elaborated on that already, I kept repeating I hadn't taken the token.

I can try to reproduce it later on, but currently I don't play LBA2. Hope you don't ask for a youtube video as proof though. :P

It might also be helpful to say that I was playing the Twinsen's Odyssey version of the game. Hopefully I can test the European version as well in due time.

All the best.
Old 2011-11-19, 15:19
Magic Ball Master

I didn't know we had so much LBA2 related bugs.

Tags
bug, error, glitch, script, scripting