Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2012-12-30, 14:45
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
The Space Guitar

So, I was wondering, the Space Guitar came, well, from the space. Now, what's the nearest planet we know of where electric guitars exist? That's, of course, Zeelich. We see in LBA 2 that Gene Simmons-like guy with IIRC an electric guitar.
So, what if the Space Guitar came from Zeelich? The Esmers in LBA 2 say they'd been observing Twinsun for many cycles already, so it makes me wonder if they might have dropped (accidentally or intentionally) an electric guitar on Twinsun.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:14
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I think the opposite is also possible, because of all those props in the Twinsunian Souvenir Shop basement. Some junk from Twinsun reaches Zeelich. I dunno who had the guitar first though.

It might as well have been a completely different planet.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2012-12-30, 18:24
this's longer than allowe

what is that picture in your signature
Old 2012-12-30, 18:34
strange dreamer

Battler: That's an interesting theory. But the official story says it came from INSIDE an asteroid (read below).

Jack: Nah. Souvenir shop was open after the Zeelichians landed on Twinsun, and they didn't sell junk.
Also, the space guitar came from space so it's DEFINITELY not from Twinsun itself.

Carajo: It's Morning Musume.

Here are the official fragments on the story of the Space Guitar as we know:

Quote:
(...) this guitar that I found in the middle of a meteor.
Quote:
Space Guitar. It was found in the middle of an asteroid that landed in the White Leaf Desert. It brought new harmonics to Twinsun.
Old 2012-12-30, 18:49
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Also, the space guitar came from space so it's DEFINITELY not from Twinsun itself.
I said "who (...) first", refering to whichever planet had the guitar before the other planet. By that I implied that if Twinsun had the guitar before Zeelich, it doesn't necessarily originate from it.

But regardless, I forgot about the asteroid. So it isn't from a planet at all.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2012-12-31, 01:15
Polly parrot

How can an asteroid land on a planet situated between two suns... A moon could maybe find the exact spot where the forces cancel eachother, but an asteroid...
Old 2012-12-31, 02:39
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
How can an asteroid land on a planet situated between two suns...
Sorry for my ignorance, but, err, why not ?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2012-12-31, 09:23
Magic Ball GrandMaster

If a planet can reside between two suns, an asteroid can land on it between them as well.
But this might be a very rare possibility, as two suns, probably pull it out of cource.

Old 2012-12-31, 13:39
Polly parrot

The gravitational force of the two suns is vastly superior to the planet's. If you throw something in that direction, it is a lot more probable to land on one of the suns rather than the planet.
Old 2012-12-31, 13:44
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
The gravitational force of the two suns is vastly superior to the planet's. If you throw something in that direction, it is a lot more probable to land on one of the suns rather than the planet.
That's what I said, in more technical terms...

What would really blow your mind, is how the planet orbits the two suns.
Only try to imagine it

Old 2012-12-31, 14:17
Polly parrot

That has already been done

I can't find Darkflame's video...

I know why, it's private
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBtGnGKrdZ4&feature=gv
Old 2012-12-31, 16:59
Magic Level: Purple Ball

It's an interesting theory, maybe somehow the asteroid originated from Zeelich, or maybe (a more interesting theory) both guitars where found the same way.
Maybe there's a spaceguitar-manufacturing planet that shoots space guitars everywhere to contact alien races
Heh, Zeelich is not only the nearest planet to Twinsun that we know, it is also the only planet other than Twinsun that we know. Yeah there's the red planet and Zirla but we dont know anything about them

I always understood that the stuff at the souvenir shop basement come from our planet, the earth.

Wasn't there a thread about this planet that orbits two suns situation existing in real life? I remember reading an article about there also being a bi-solar system with two planets. I'll try to look for it.
Old 2012-12-31, 18:15
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Yea there is one such thread around.

Also, we shouldn't forget we know nothing about "Zarnon", "Gawley" or "Blue Triton". The most obvious would be they're characters from ancient times or something, but it may very well be planets as well. The laser-pistol could be some alien craft from the planet "Zarnon", just like the space guitar was from outer space.

Old 2012-12-31, 18:24
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
Yea there is one such thread around.

Also, we shouldn't forget we know nothing about "Zarnon", "Gawley" or "Blue Triton". The most obvious would be they're characters from ancient times or something, but it may very well be planets as well. The laser-pistol could be some alien craft from the planet "Zarnon", just like the space guitar was from outer space.
And you shouldn't forget Bù. Whoever that was, they were important enough to get a large temple dedicated to them on Desert Island.
And in the end there's the White Leaf, after which the Desert on Desert Island is named.
Then there's the real Dark Monk, which we've never seen, and which I suspect is somehow related to Sendell, given how both prophecized Twinsen saving the planet they were assigned to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatoor
I always understood that the stuff at the souvenir shop basement come from our planet, the earth.
One of the characters refers to it as coming from a distant garbage can planet.

Also, there's also the planet that those giraffes, ants, etc. are from. Those guys claim Zeelich is more orderly than that planet. And it's not Zirla, as one giraffe goes to Zirla for safari. Maybe that's the planet that sends guitars around the space in asteroids.
Old 2012-12-31, 18:41
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Then there's the real Dark Monk, which we've never seen, and which I suspect is somehow related to Sendell, given how both prophecized Twinsen saving the planet they were assigned to run.
Those gods are awfull at their jobs
Old 2012-12-31, 19:44
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
And you shouldn't forget Bù. Whoever that was, they were important enough to get a large temple dedicated to them on Desert Island.
Apparently, game developers don't think like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
I don't know if the u should be written û. There is a local expression here (Lyon, France) I discovered when I first came here which is "J'ai mal au bu" meaning "I have an headache" or "Ca me prend le bu" which is the local version of "Ca me prend la tête" meaning ... I can't find something similar in English, may be "It's making head" ? That means that this is something that gives you kind of headache or that is boring to achieve. As the temple was full of challenges and difficulties, thas was meaningful !
Quote:
And in the end there's the White Leaf, after which the Desert on Desert Island is named.
Dunno, maybe it's just called such because it looks like a white leaf from outer space.
Old 2013-01-01, 07:19
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Yes indeed... White sand, leafy shape.
As for the space guitar... It comes from hell! From hell I say!
Old 2013-08-31, 03:04
strange dreamer

Did you know?

Instead of giving the space guitar to the guitarist in Tippet Island, you can give it to the museum, and they'll put it to display.
If you press ACTION in front of it to read the sign reads the same text displayed when it's in your inventory... it's a pretty useless thing to do, but a trivia is a trivia nonetheless.

Btw, for you to pass by the secret passage in Twinsun Cafe without the guitar, you'll need to pay the owner 50 kashes. It is quite hard amounting that sum, but it's possible - just kill the swindlers in swindler street several times.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-08-31, 05:44
Magic Ball Master

Lol I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that trivia :P
Old 2013-08-31, 22:11
Welcome to Zirla!

Is that for real? If yes, very interesting, nice to know new things are still getting discovered about the LBA games.
If not, however, nice attempt there.
Old 2013-08-31, 22:16
New efforts! :)

WHAT?

Oh my, new things discovered of LBA1... 19 years later? That's amazing! Never knew that one.

Looks like LBA is even more complete than what I imagine.

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2013-09-01, 22:39
strange dreamer

... And Battler wins the award for being suspicious!

It was a joke guys, haha. You could've noticed by the fake shadow... LBA 1 doesn't have such shadows.

Nevertheless LBA 1 is still just as legendary, even without having the space guitar in the museum.
Quote:
Old 2013-09-02, 16:13
Banned

The Space Guitar could come from Zirla.
Old 2013-09-02, 18:52
Polly parrot

If it were true, you would have been much more excited, SGK

Still, the pic is nicely done !
Old 2013-09-02, 22:53
Magic Ball Master

Chuck testa.