Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-06-06, 11:50
formerly just angry

Strange Happenings

Well I had a rather strange happening on Saturday - which led me to wonder if anyone else had experienced any strange or odd things recently.

When I was 16 I was at a school disco (someone else's school not my own) and I met a girl called Beth. Being my usually unchatty self we stood together in largely awkward silence for most of the night, until the whole event ended prematurley for resons I forget - thereby ruining any chance I may have had to secure any variety of proper conversation. Never-the-less she had told me where she lived and so the next day, in a moment of youthful exuberance (or stupidity) I decided to write a letter - basically to introduce myself through a medium I was more comfortable with. Needless to say the content if I were to read it now would be somewhat cringable and unsurprisingly I never received a reply and the whole incident (after much kicking of myself) was soon forgotten.

Fast forward 5 years to 4th June 2005 and a letter arrives for me dated 29th May 2005 (my birthday bizarrely) and it turns out that it is a reply to my letter a mere 5 years late. Turns out she was cleaning out her stuff after coming back from uni, found my letter, remebered she never wrote back and then penned a reply. It was a very strange experience for me indeed. She's now 19 (soon to be 20) and studying at Cardiff uni, and even more worryingly, wants to meet up sometime!?! She also said that she rented out my favourite movie recommendation from my initial letter...it was all a little off. Now I'm, not sure whether I should reply (I don't want to seem rude, and she did keep appologising for freaking me out) or not! My girlfriend says I should reply but I just feel a bit weird about the whole thing.

So there you go - anyone else had any satrange experiences of late?
Old 2005-06-06, 11:53
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Strangely enough, I had a horrible dream about something from the past last night.

Anyway, I suggest you write back to her, but just to make sure she doesn't get the wrong idea, add something subtle like "my girlfriend said that blablabla", just to avoid an awkward situation.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2005-06-06, 15:28
formerly just angry

Yeah - probably a good idea - I tell you one thing - I only ever receive success in ironic ways . For instance I'd only ever win a car in a competition if I'd recently gone blind...Not that I'm complaining of course, I am very happy as I am indeed - I just think that life throws up some amusing surprises sometimes...
Old 2005-06-06, 15:42
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Hehe nice story . Sadly, I don't really know anything particulary strange that has happened to me recently.
Old 2005-06-06, 15:58

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
It's not strange at all. With things like letters, we often forget to write back, put them aside, etc.

I have a particular friend in Belarus and we used to write by mail before we finally switched to electronic mail. There was a time when I hadn't written her for 3 years because I'd either forget to write for looong periods of time, or I'd kinda put it aside. And let me tell you, it's very hard to make yourself write after 3-5 years because you feel guilty and fear that the other person probably forgot who you are.

I see nothing bad about you receiving a letter from her. It's a very great thing and you should by no means be freaked out - happy rather, because somebody still remembers you after five years of no contact.

As for your reply, which you should without a doubt make (it's extremely rude not to reply to a girl), you merely need to summarize all the events that have passed in the last 5 years (perhaps including your girlfriend as part of the summary).

It's much better than saying, "oh by the way, I have a girlfriend."
Old 2005-06-06, 16:21
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Strangely enough, I had a horrible dream about something from the past last night.

Anyway, I suggest you write back to her, but just to make sure she doesn't get the wrong idea, add something subtle like "my girlfriend said that blablabla", just to avoid an awkward situation.
I disagree... I dont think she's writing to u out of that sort of interist for u to hint "im already taken", that would just be silly.

RIGHT BACK, what she did was really sweet
Old 2005-06-06, 16:26
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Tell her that your gay and you would never want to meet another woman ever. Or you could tell her what you've done with yourself (not that way sicko) in life and your sucesses and that you plan to win a car but only if your blind. And give her my number
Old 2005-06-06, 16:28
Hello

Why? He's got a great backup plan here. I think you should just do as Anakin told you to and tell her how nice it is that she remembers you after all those years.
Old 2005-06-06, 16:49
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
She'll probably really find it sweet if you'd mail her back

Even though it might be a good idea to mention you already have a girlfriend, from own experience I can tell you that most women aren't interested in a relation anyway if they started mailing you again after so long
Old 2005-06-06, 17:05
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
write something like this:

Dear IDon'tKnowYou, It was long since we spoke and I dont know you, who the **** are you?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-06-06, 17:05
formerly just angry

lol - I was pretty much definitely going to write back - it's the sort of person I am...it still seemed a bit strange to me (mainly cos she wrote on my birthday). ANyhoo... I will probably do as Axx suggests - it's probably my ego reading more into it anyway

Atresica - thanks for being brutal :P

Hobmoblin - nice try

Lightwing - it was mainly only strange cos I only ever saw her once.

Anyway - want I hoped to inspire is more stories of the strange...so come on people, nothing weird ever happen to you?
Old 2005-06-06, 18:33
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Well, I suppose I've got a funny story.

I was at the start of my second year at my course when I met a rather familiar person who was also in my year.
Turned out she and I were on a sailingclub about 8 years ago. It was just strange because I didn't know anyone else from back home studying in my neighbourhood.
Old 2005-06-06, 20:03
inharmonic explorer

You should go to her house and burn her shed down, while standing there naked in front of the blaze shouting "I am standing naked in front of a fire and I like you very much."
Old 2005-06-06, 21:44
Magic Ball Master

Yes, I've had a weird one today. I was talking with a fellow Yankees fan recently (Chris, from my blog), and we discussed how either of us would never be able to marry a Boston Red Sox fan, let alone date one.

Why does there have to be a sweet, cute, and super-nice Red Sox fan in my summer semester Spanish class? Stupid girls who smile back at you. Grr!
Old 2005-06-06, 23:15
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
Yes, I've had a weird one today. I was talking with a fellow Yankees fan recently (Chris, from my blog), and we discussed how either of us would never be able to marry a Boston Red Sox fan, let alone date one.

Why does there have to be a sweet, cute, and super-nice Red Sox fan in my summer semester Spanish class? Stupid girls who smile back at you. Grr!
I can imagine the feeling
Old 2005-06-06, 23:36
Magic Ball Master

Its better reply. We can't do the same things people do to us...
Just express your feellings about that and all should end then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica
..., from own experience I can tell you that most women aren't interested in a relation anyway if they started mailing you again after so long.
Thats right.

About things like that? Don't remember any.
When I was kid I once received a sweet letter from a girl but I resend the same letter to her again. Its a thing that I regret :s

Now, a strange thing is happen and I seam to like a 4┬║grade cousin (not a direct cousin). Is it normal?

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-06-07, 02:46
Magic Ball Master

lol, yes, you might as well bang her, as FB2K so eloquently said. Maybe she really "delivers!"

Sorry, terrible letter/mail/postage pun, I know.
Old 2005-06-07, 02:48
Hello

Well, your kids won't be strange, so technically there aint no problem, but I assume that it still would feel pretty strange to be in love with a relative.

I just came to think about something strange that happened to me last saturday - I watched the match between Sweden and Malta together in the same bar as one of Sweden's most famous artists Moneybrother (he was gonna have a concert there). And later that evening, after the concert, I met with him again, on a dance floor, and we shook hands !
Old 2005-06-07, 03:37
The return of

My story is just funny, nothing strange about it, but its related to what double-j had to say.
Basically, my opinion on american girls, is they all smile, and they tend to be concerned about other people more than the average british girl. I was with 2 friends in a bar having a couple of drinks before we headed for central london. Now, when we were there, both my friends became drunk and chatty, and some other rugby fans started to speak to us. They stood next to us at the bar, both my friends went to the bathroom, and i was left with some fat rugby guy chatting like he knew me, i didnt like it, but what the hell, i didnt care, it was going to be a good night, and i was leaving soon. My friends came back, and their drinks were on the table (4 shots of vodka each, wich they were gonna drink back to back).

They drink them, we say goodbye to the gies, and leave for lester square (thats like a time sqaure of london), we took the tube, and by the time we reached, my friends were acting so fucking wierd, when we left the tube one of them began vomiting, give it 10 minutes and he was lying on the floor unable to talk, completely fucked.... Anyway, hundreds of people were passing by, only two people stopped, give a wild guess where they from (and their sex)

Yep, 2 american girls its not the only time though, id mention 2 other times somthing similar happens and an american girl pops up out of no where.

Anyway, back to the main story, american girls smile and are always nice... I was in my building, taking the lift, an american girl starts talking to me... after a while, she's smiling, but asks me where in the states im from... lol

I say im not from the states, and she was like where are u from? I say im from the middle east, i swear it killed the conversation... so i took the lift and when she reached her floor and was leaving, i joked "It was nice knowing u" (i hope u get the joke)

Also, A strange thing that happened to me...

I was in a school in saudi, and some student moved to it. He was stuck to me and a close friend like glue, but i left short after that. I went to another school. I became really good friends with this guy, a year later it was always me and him walking and chatting together. This same guy from my old school comes to my school, AND ON THE FIRST DAY HE WAS WALKING 2M ALL THE TIME BEHIND US... and after that he always stuck to me... shit happend, i fucked with him, got expelled, then after my father intervined, i got a suspension only.... anyway, he was happy i got expelled, he had my frined all to himself (thats his way of thinking), when i came back he was scared shitless, and he comes up to me and tells me he has 2 best friends, another guy and me.

Man i thought, fuck off... But i left the college and came to the uk.

This year im going to college, and i hear someone call my name. I didnt like the way the call sounded, so i just walked into college, fucking he tapped on MY BACK... he goes to a college, here in london, RIGHT NEXT TO MINE AND I WAS ABOUT TO END UP IN THAT COLLEGE!!! Im thinking, hell this guy is following me wherever i go!!! Im now worried that when i go to university, he'll be like my dorm room mate! Its strange in a scary way, i sooo dislike this guy, but i dont have the heart to tell him that i fucking hate his sorryass, and leave me alone...
Old 2005-06-07, 07:21

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Most american girls are airheads, but they're relatively harmless.
Old 2005-06-09, 16:59
The return of

tell me about it
Old 2005-06-09, 17:22
formerly just angry

Hmmm.... Axx - I'm sure I posted a comment about that guy stalking you - If he turns up in uni you'll have to let me know which prison you end up in so I can come and visit
Old 2005-06-10, 04:33
The return of

Dont worry about it, ill use my right to one phone call to inform u
Old 2005-06-11, 04:29
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
Most american girls are airheads, but they're relatively harmless.

Harmless, eh? I think not!
Old 2005-06-11, 05:17
The return of

except when they have power, but then again, who isnt harmless once they have power?