Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2007-09-22, 12:31
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

How i can change graphic in LBA2?

HI all how i can change graphich in LBA2 or 1 i have downloaded programs to edit imeg a others mut how i can open it help me pls
Old 2007-09-22, 14:12
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Er...

What Graphics do you precisely wanna edit? Still images or the 3D animated characters?, my program LBA Image Creator can edit almost all still images. If you want to use that one, all you need to know is where your HQR files lies, then the programs interface is quite self explanatory (I think)

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-09-22, 15:01
weee

Just check out the sticky thread in the LBA Modifications forum.
Old 2007-09-22, 21:32
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
Er...

What Graphics do you precisely wanna edit? Still images or the 3D animated characters?, my program LBA Image Creator can edit almost all still images. If you want to use that one, all you need to know is where your HQR files lies, then the programs interface is quite self explanatory (I think)
thanks and how i can edit 3d models i have cinema 4d and where is 3d models of lba1,2 ??? (HQR file?)
Old 2007-09-22, 21:52
Magic Ball Master

hmm, this is not my subject, but in general we are better in LBA1 modding so far. Alexfont has creator the Animator studio for editing the LBA1 (only??) models. afaik we don't have any converter that you can convert the standard 3d files of other file formats to LBA 3d formats.

Most LBA modding tools: http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=7000

LBA File Information (for your question where the 3d models lies): http://lba.fishos.cc/fileinfo/

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-09-22, 23:44
Magic Level: Green Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Omni
there's no converter from common 3d editor formats to the lba format yet, but that would be a very useful project. we just would need a solution for the problem, that no common 3d editor supports the 2D shapes used in LBA models. any ideas?
Old 2007-09-22, 23:52
Magic Ball Master

I have no idea about 3D editors, but isn't also the 'animating' a bit of a problem?

What do you mean with the '2D shapes'?, In which particular way does LBA 3D models differ from the normal 3D models in technical point of view?

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-09-23, 01:05
Magic Level: Green Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Omni
i'm talking about the single-colored circles, LBA is using to speed up the drawing of round objects. twinsens hands are circles and also his hair.

the animating should be no major problem because LBA is implementing the quite common system of skeletal animation. for example, the open-source editor blender has a great amount of features to help develop skeletal animations. the only unique aspect in LBA is the use of "translational bones" whereas normally bones are merely used for specifying rotation of the limbs.
but that's no real problem because:
you can describe a translation using a rotating bone with varying length (sphere coordinates!). varying the length of a bone is possible in programs like blender.
also in blender you can specify whether the direction a bone is pointing in has influence on it's attached bones. the translational bone in LBA is therefore nothing else but a bone with varying length not influencing it's child bones. a converter can automatically detect this and use the correct bone version in LBA.

another unique feature of LBA animations is the fact, that the velocity of the characters in the game (moving upwards and downwards in the climbing animations, moving forward in the walking animation,...) is specified in the animation. i see no possibility to specify the velocity in a common 3d editor.

keeping the above things in mind i assume, that we will need a converter which is translating the data using scripts to specify all non-representable aspects of the model and animation...