Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2006-11-24, 20:05
Magic Ball Master

Maybe he can make a beta release and improve it later, that way we can still use it with some limitations...

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-11-25, 10:44
Master of Degree

I'm sorry I didn't do anything for such a long time. It could be put online as it is a t the current state, but I wanted to convert it to use a database insted of the text files. There's hope that I will find some time to do it within a month or so....

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2007-04-10, 00:20
Magic Ball Master

Any news about converting the system to work with database?

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2007-04-10, 00:32
weee

From what I see it looks like Zink's site is working great already.

Look like there's still missing the "Submit new information" page mainly, but as far as I can tell the system looks quite functional.
Old 2007-04-10, 00:46
Magic Ball Master

Where can I see it?

Old 2007-04-10, 00:53
weee

I sent you a pm (since I don't think Zink would mind)
Old 2007-04-10, 01:05
Magic Ball Master

Yeah... he won't mind, I know . Thanks!!

The site looks great, really nice and easy to work with. Do you know if it's already working with databases or still with files?!

Old 2007-04-10, 01:09
Magic Ball Master

Nevermind, I already saw that he's working with DB now . So when its the lauching day? What is missing there?

Old 2007-04-10, 09:44
weee

That is for Zink to answer I guess. And yeah, it looks really great! No fan community has ever had anything like this.

Now that I think of it, it probably should be really easy to add file information for fan projects like LBA Prequel. Maybe it can have its own page (not index.php). Correct me if I'm wrong anyway
Old 2007-04-10, 15:59
Magic Ball Master

Yes we can use the same engine for the other projects as well, it could be a great help indeed. And isn't necessary to have different pages, we just copy the entire engine to use another database in another folder. That way we can have the game and the projects separately.

Old 2007-04-10, 16:08
weee

Sounds like a good plan!
Old 2007-04-10, 18:16
Magic Ball Master

Indeed, it will help us a lot . I already send an e-mail to Zink asking about the site state and also when he think releasing it.

Old 2007-04-18, 10:54
Master of Degree

Sorry, I've not been here for some time...

Yes, I am working on it more or less constantly, and almost everything is done. There are still some things, that absolutely must be done before the release:
- submission forms and system (started doing it yesterday)
- editor for HQR entries (forgot to convert it from text file version to database)
- account system for admins and editors.

I estimate the time to release for about two months.

Yes, it will not be hard to add more game versions to the engine. With copying the engine, there is one thing, that the tables in the database will have to be created manually (but I may write an install script for that, if it's necessary).

Old 2007-04-18, 12:46
Magic Ball Master

You don't need to make an installation file, just make a TXT file with the MySQL dump (only structure).

Oh btw, I notice there isn't a combobox to choose the text color , we need to know all the colors names to type.

Old 2007-04-19, 15:51
Master of Degree

You mean: in the extension edit page? You can always type in the hex code. You couldn't do that if it was a combo, that's why I made it so.

Old 2007-04-19, 16:00
Magic Ball Master

Ah, I didn't know that, because I saw a color name like "lightcoral" (seams red) and didn't know what kind of colors like that were possible. So, you don't need to change anything . Colors in Hex values its perfect.

Old 2007-04-21, 21:20
Master of Degree

All colours supported by html standard are possible. Here is the list: http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials...le.php/3478961

I didn't make any name-to-code conversion, the engine just puts the string you type in as the colour. You can do the same in all html pages, e.g. type "black" instead of #000000.

Old 2011-11-12, 06:43
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Is this project still alive? I was bored and extracted the voice files from LBA 2, and submitted information on the site. But I wasn't sure it will actually get anywhere, so I post it here too .

This is for en_gam.vox (LBA 2):

EN_GAM001
You just found your Holomap! To use it, look at the inventory by pressing <shift> or simply press <tab>.

EN_GAM002
You just found your Magic Ball! When you wear your ancestral Tunic you'll be able to bounce it at your enemies!

EN_GAM003
You have found three darts.

EN_GAM004
You just found Sendell's Ball. Now you have reached a new level of magic: Red Ball. It will also enable Sendell to contact you in case of danger.

EN_GAM005
You have just found your ancestral Tunic and Sendell's Medallion. By storing Magic, it will enable you to bounce your ball at your enemies.

EN_GAM006
You just found the Pearl of Incandescent. These Pearls are highly prized by magicians. They will enable you to complete a spell.

EN_GAM007
Your neighbor just gave you a pyramid shaped key.

EN_GAM008
Jerome Baldino just gave you a part that Zoé needs to fix the car.

EN_GAM010
You have found a laser-pistol. It needs a rock crystal to work properly.

EN_GAM011
You just seized the emperor's sword. Now you can face the hussars guarding the Emperor's palace.

EN_GAM012
You just found a Wannie's Glove. Use it to repell the fireballs your enemies throw at you.

EN_GAM013
You just found the Proto-Pack. Put it on and you'll fly a few inches above the ground.

EN_GAM014
You have a ferry ticket.

EN_GAM015
You just acquired a superb Nitro-Meca-Penguin. Select it in the inventory and it'll explode a few seconds later.

EN_GAM016
You just found a can of Gazogem. This fuel will allow you to get your new super jet-pack.

EN_GAM017
You just found the Ring of Dissidents. It's their identification sign, and it will allow you to be identified by all the dissidents that you meet.

EN_GAM018
You just found a flask of gallic acid. It's often used to restore ancient documents.

EN_GAM019
You just learned the ferryman's song. It will help you to get to Mosquibee Island.

EN_GAM021
You just found the customer's umbrella

EN_GAM022
You just picked up a gem.

EN_GAM023
You own the Horn of the Blue Triton, you can use it to heal yourself or someone else.

EN_GAM024
You now have a blowgun. It fires darts fast and accurately.

EN_GAM025
You have found a itinary token. You can now use an Esmer shuttle.

EN_GAM026
You just found a slice of tart!

EN_GAM027
You now own a portable radio. You can now receive calls from your friends.

EN_GAM028
You just picked a Garden Balsam plant.

EN_GAM029
You now own a Magic Slate, which allows you to keep a copy of all kinds of images.

EN_GAM030
You have found a translator. Now you'll be able to understand the Esmer language.

EN_GAM031
You just received your wizard's diploma. Plus you just earned a new level of magic: Green Ball.

EN_GAM032
You now own the Francos key fragment.

EN_GAM033
You now own the Sups key fragment.

EN_GAM034
You now own the Mosquibees key fragment.

EN_GAM035
You now own the Wannies key fragment.

EN_GAM036
You just found the key of the passage which leads to island CX.

EN_GAM037
You just bought a pick-ax. Use it to dig or detach rocks and pieces of crystal.

EN_GAM038
You just found the Francos Burgermaster's key.

EN_GAM039
You just found the Francos Burgermaster's notes. They'll help you find the Francos fragment.

EN_GAM040
You now own a protective spell.

EN_GAM045
You now own the key to Dark Monk's temple. Plus you just reached your last level of magic: Fire Ball.

EN_GAM046
You just found a memory viewer.

EN_GAM047
You just found the blowtron. Use it to shoot faster and more powerfully.

EN_GAM048
You just found a parade outfit for the wizards. It'll make you look like an old wizard.

EN_GAM049
Jerome just gave you the super-jetpack. It will allow you to reach places you couldn't get to using the proto-pack.

EN_GAM050
You just found a piece of the Crystal of Celebration. Now you can reload your laser-pistol.

EN_GAM051
You now own a laser-pistol in working condition. It gives you enough firepower to reach distant targets that your magical ball cannot reach..

EN_GAM052
You just found the Ring of Lightning! Use it to find Sendell's Ball.

EN_GAM286
With my eyes focused on the center of the bazaar, my back is glued to a natural parasol where I'd love to take a nap, but I must keep a sportive mood.

EN_GAM287
It seems there are enough light posts and arches in the village to count the correct number of steps. Once there, the fences to my left point in the wrong direction. It's on the other side, down in the basin near the gas that my buried treasure lies.
Old 2011-11-12, 12:05
Magic Ball Master

It is, but you have to build the info in a particular format so it can be submitted in the new website.

Format is here: http://lba.fishos.cc/fileinfo/editors/help.php?id=1
New website here: http://lba.fishos.cc/fileinfo/

Edit: just notice you have submitted in the website. I already format this information and import in the website.
Take a look: http://lba.fishos.cc/fileinfo/index....=vox21&ww=1663

Last edited by xesf; 2011-11-12 at 12:29.
Old 2011-11-12, 12:29
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Oh, sorry .
I'll try doing it in this format if I do this for other files.

There are a few empty entries there too, which I didn't know I should write about. The empty entries are 9, 20, 41-44 and 53-285.
Old 2011-11-12, 12:31
Magic Ball Master

Don't do it, I already made it and import in to the website. Check here http://lba.fishos.cc/fileinfo/index....=vox21&ww=1680

Anyway here's the content together with the format
Quote:
%N 1 ~47 You just found your Holomap! To use it, look at the inventory by pressing <shift> or simply press <tab>.
%N 2 ~47 You just found your Magic Ball! When you wear your ancestral Tunic you'll be able to bounce it at your enemies!
%N 3 ~47 You have found three darts.
%N 4 ~47 You just found Sendell's Ball. Now you have reached a new level of magic: Red Ball. It will also enable Sendell to contact you in case of danger.
%N 5 ~47 You have just found your ancestral Tunic and Sendell's Medallion. By storing Magic, it will enable you to bounce your ball at your enemies.
%N 6 ~47 You just found the Pearl of Incandescent. These Pearls are highly prized by magicians. They will enable you to complete a spell.
%N 7 ~47 Your neighbor just gave you a pyramid shaped key.
%N 8 ~47 Jerome Baldino just gave you a part that Zoé needs to fix the car.
%N 10 ~47 You have found a laser-pistol. It needs a rock crystal to work properly.
%N 11 ~47 You just seized the emperor's sword. Now you can face the hussars guarding the Emperor's palace.
%N 12 ~47 You just found a Wannie's Glove. Use it to repell the fireballs your enemies throw at you.
%N 13 ~47 You just found the Proto-Pack. Put it on and you'll fly a few inches above the ground.
%N 14 ~47 You have a ferry ticket.
%N 15 ~47 You just acquired a superb Nitro-Meca-Penguin. Select it in the inventory and it'll explode a few seconds later.
%N 16 ~47 You just found a can of Gazogem. This fuel will allow you to get your new super jet-pack.
%N 17 ~47 You just found the Ring of Dissidents. It's their identification sign, and it will allow you to be identified by all the dissidents that you meet.
%N 18 ~47 You just found a flask of gallic acid. It's often used to restore ancient documents.
%N 19 ~47 You just learned the ferryman's song. It will help you to get to Mosquibee Island.
%N 21 ~47 You just found the customer's umbrella
%N 22 ~47 You just picked up a gem.
%N 23 ~47 You own the Horn of the Blue Triton, you can use it to heal yourself or someone else.
%N 24 ~47 You now have a blowgun. It fires darts fast and accurately.
%N 25 ~47 You have found a itinary token. You can now use an Esmer shuttle.
%N 26 ~47 You just found a slice of tart!
%N 27 ~47 You now own a portable radio. You can now receive calls from your friends.
%N 28 ~47 You just picked a Garden Balsam plant.
%N 29 ~47 You now own a Magic Slate, which allows you to keep a copy of all kinds of images.
%N 30 ~47 You have found a translator. Now you'll be able to understand the Esmer language.
%N 31 ~47 You just received your wizard's diploma. Plus you just earned a new level of magic: Green Ball.
%N 32 ~47 You now own the Francos key fragment.
%N 33 ~47 You now own the Sups key fragment.
%N 34 ~47 You now own the Mosquibees key fragment.
%N 35 ~47 You now own the Wannies key fragment.
%N 36 ~47 You just found the key of the passage which leads to island CX.
%N 37 ~47 You just bought a pick-ax. Use it to dig or detach rocks and pieces of crystal.
%N 38 ~47 You just found the Francos Burgermaster's key.
%N 39 ~47 You just found the Francos Burgermaster's notes. They'll help you find the Francos fragment.
%N 40 ~47 You now own a protective spell.
%N 45 ~47 You now own the key to Dark Monk's temple. Plus you just reached your last level of magic: Fire Ball.
%N 46 ~47 You just found a memory viewer.
%N 47 ~47 You just found the blowtron. Use it to shoot faster and more powerfully.
%N 48 ~47 You just found a parade outfit for the wizards. It'll make you look like an old wizard.
%N 49 ~47 Jerome just gave you the super-jetpack. It will allow you to reach places you couldn't get to using the proto-pack.
%N 50 ~47 You just found a piece of the Crystal of Celebration. Now you can reload your laser-pistol.
%N 51 ~47 You now own a laser-pistol in working condition. It gives you enough firepower to reach distant targets that your magical ball cannot reach..
%N 52 ~47 You just found the Ring of Lightning! Use it to find Sendell's Ball.
%N 286 ~47 With my eyes focused on the center of the bazaar, my back is glued to a natural parasol where I'd love to take a nap, but I must keep a sportive mood.
%N 287 ~47 It seems there are enough light posts and arches in the village to count the correct number of steps. Once there, the fences to my left point in the wrong direction. It's on the other side, down in the basin near the gas that my buried treasure lies.

Last edited by xesf; 2011-11-12 at 12:37.