Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

View Poll Results: Who wants to design his/her own island?
Me 84 89.36%
Not me 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-04, 18:22
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
He already did. See the bucktracker .

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2009-07-04, 18:26
Magic Ball Master

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2009-07-05, 11:31
Master of Degree

As alex said. Version 0.10 is the latest stable vesion, without built-in Scene support, beta 6 is the newest beta.

Major changes:
- 0000123: [Feature] Actor templates
- 0000129: [Feature] Reserved words
- 0000111: [Feature] Textual LABEL names
- 0000119: [Feature] font scaling in script editor

Also checking for broken Brick data has been added to both Builder and Factory. Factory shows list of indexes of broken bricks for easy repair.

Plus some bugs fixed. Full list is in the bugtracker.

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2009-07-10, 21:08
Magic Level: Fire Ball

There's a huge bug in beta 6. When I try to select bricks with the "select a layout" selection mode, the Builder simply crashes, so I can't use the most useful selection mode!
Old 2009-07-11, 10:50
Master of Degree

Could you, please, report all bugs in THE BUGTRACKER as I asked for many times before, including the program's startup screen? It doesn't require any registration or stuff.

From now on I will IGNORE any bug reports not posted in the bugtracker. (excluding situations when someone can't post there for reasons not depending on him).

Old 2009-07-11, 11:49
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Ok, I reported it, sorry.
Old 2010-06-26, 04:22
~le photographer~

Send a message via MSN to MatheusMK3
Hey, today i've downloaded the last version you released, how can i send the map to the game and play?
And will the development continue?

Web | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
Old 2010-06-28, 18:13
Master of Degree

Hi Matheus. You can edit the game maps directly (they will replace originals so the changes will be visible as soon as you run the game again). For this first setup path to the game directory in the Settings -> Paths, and then go File -> Open Grid/Scene (simple). I however recommend to make backups of your lba_xxx.hqr files before doing this, because otherwise you will have to restore originals from the CD if you want to undo your changes later. I personally have two game directories. One with all files unmodified and another one for modifications.

If you already have map files, the easiest way to put them to the game is using a HQR editor, such as my LBA Pakcage Editor to replace particular lba_gri.hqr entry with your modified one. But using this option you have to be careful to also replace appropriate entry in the lba_bll.hqr if your new map uses different tile set (layout library) than the original one, and also replace appropriate scene in scene.hqr.

See the guide written by Inventor here: http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...870#post367870 . At the bottom of the post he gives more details on how to put modified maps into the game.

Yes the development is still going on. I am very close to release the beta 7 (with tons of changes and noew stuff).

Tags
lbarchitect