Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

View Poll Results: Who wants to design his/her own island?
Me 84 89.36%
Not me 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-02-11, 16:40
Magic Ball Master

Your room its fine (I test it and it work), you probably have the wrong layout.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-02-13, 19:28
Master of Degree

OBrasilo
----------
Procedure SceneToXY(x, y, z, pX, pY: Integer; var rX, rY: Integer);
begin
rX:=Trunc((x-z)*(24/512))+pX+24;
rY:=Trunc((x+z)*(12/512)-(y*(15/256)-15))+pY;
end;

x, y and z are scene coordinates, pX and pY are additional offsets (ScrollBar positions and some correcting values), and rX, rY are output values. You can just have to remove the y parameter to get the coords without height.

AlexFont
----------
Ok, I can add closing the program as a command, but I can also add a command to load another grid. Well, I think the best solution will be adding both commands.

ChaosFish:
------------
Yes, first item of the "future plans" (ReadMe) says "- saving directly into HQRs".
About the grid: I wanted to test it, but I didn't take the savegames from my regular computer, so I will able to test it in about a week. However, it is possible that I will be able to download the savegames from magicball, so I will test it earlier.

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2005-02-13, 19:39
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
Ok, I can add closing the program as a command, but I can also add a command to load another grid. Well, I think the best solution will be adding both commands.
Ok, but when I said about the close command its because when we close the Scene Editor and not to change the scenes while program in running. Both would be great.

Ok, check the savegame I use to check ChaosFish room.
Attached Files
File Type: zip S474.zip‎ (165 Bytes, 174 views)

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2005-02-14, 00:16
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
OBrasilo
----------
Procedure SceneToXY(x, y, z, pX, pY: Integer; var rX, rY: Integer);
begin
rX:=Trunc((x-z)*(24/512))+pX+24;
rY:=Trunc((x+z)*(12/512)-(y*(15/256)-15))+pY;
end;

x, y and z are scene coordinates, pX and pY are additional offsets (ScrollBar positions and some correcting values), and rX, rY are output values. You can just have to remove the y parameter to get the coords without height.
OK. Thanks for the code.
Can you now just explain me, what should I do, if I assume "ScrollBar positions = actual values"?

Last edited by Battler; 2005-02-14 at 00:17. Reason: Forgot a something...
Old 2005-02-14, 19:26
Master of Degree

Alexfont => Thanks, but I managed to download them.

ChaosFish => The grid is tested and wroks fine. You minght be making a mixup with libraries (as Alexfont said) or you might be replacing wrong grid, or something.

OBrasilo => It depeands on the way you treat the coordinates. For me the upper corner of the grid is moved by 24 in X axis in comparsion to the bricks in this corner, so I add 24 to x value. As you probably noticed the pX, and pY values are just added to the rX and rY, so they only move the result by the given number of pixels. You should try with zeroes as pX and pY, and if it woks wrong, then adjust them by trying other values.

Old 2005-03-15, 23:18
You what?!

i did a modified scene, but how do i get it into the game?
Old 2005-03-15, 23:48
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophars
i did a modified scene, but how do i get it into the game?
Can you send me this scene, please?
BTW, Use the term "grid" for the room design. Scene is, what is inside SCENE.HQR (what can be edited using LBA Scene Manager and/or LBA Scene Editor).
Old 2005-03-17, 01:56
Magic Ball Master

OBras you forgot to say what he's really asking.

Ric, you should first know which grid/room index you're editing (number of the grid/room in the LBA_GRI.HQR files). Then just get LBAPackageEditor or winHQR to insert you modifyed grid file in the same LBA_GRI.HQR index.
If you use LBAPackageEditor you can go by description instead of going by the index.

Old 2005-03-18, 18:36
Welcome to Zirla!

- Zink: I have a feature request - saving directly into HQR files, possibly also with appropriate compression type (which is selected, according to the game). It would make saving the grids a lot easier. Also, if you make it, I would suggest you to put a dialog, to choose, which .HQR entry to replace, if the scene has been loaded from an external file (= non-.HQR). This would make the saving of the grids (and later replacing) a lot easier. Also, I wuould suggest you to put some command-line support to your program, for faster .HQR entry replacing with an external grid file, like this:

BUILDER HQR_File External_File

If you get it. What do you think?
Old 2005-03-20, 00:43
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
- Zink: I have a feature request - saving directly into HQR files, possibly also with appropriate compression type (which is selected, according to the game). It would make saving the grids a lot easier.
Saving directly into HQRs is one of the "future plans" already. But I can't see any purpose of saving with compression. You know, times when the largest hard disks were 80MB are the past now And I don't think that it would make saving easier (since users would have to select if they want to save with compression or not).

Quote:
Also, if you make it, I would suggest you to put a dialog, to choose, which .HQR entry to replace, if the scene has been loaded from an external file (= non-.HQR). This would make the saving of the grids (and later replacing) a lot easier.
Yeah, good idea.

Quote:
Also, I wuould suggest you to put some command-line support to your program, for faster .HQR entry replacing with an external grid file, like this:

BUILDER HQR_File External_File

If you get it. What do you think?
Hmmm, I think I don't. You mean: opening with HQR file as parameter only to have the HQR already selected during saving? If yes, then I don't think it's a good idea, and I can't imagine anybody (except you ) who would like to use it (please correct me if there is such person).

Old 2005-12-05, 00:00
Master of Degree

NEW VERSION RELEASED

I would like to announce new version 0.07 of the Little Big Architect.
New features:
  • Saving Grids into HQRs (with optional compression), but without choice which entry to replace
  • Saving Bricks into HQRs (Lba1 & 2)
  • Editing Layouts
  • New easier and faster Scene Mode
  • And many more improvements...

Link to the program is in my signature. You may experience problems downloading it, it's because of some problems with the server. You just have to try to download it couple of times until it starts, and downloading may be very slow. I doesn't depend on me, so I can't do anything with it, I can only hope it will be fixed soon. Just use FireFox instead of IE (tried both: IE about 10 times, and it didn't even start, while FireForx started at second try).

With this version I released an updated Room Specification document, for download at the usual place.

I also made two example programs to help those of you , who are going to use the Scene Mode. One is in Delphi, and the second is in C++ (it is actually modified alexfont's test program). They are available here.

Old 2005-12-05, 05:40
Boobs!

Woot! Downloading!
Old 2005-12-05, 13:32
weee

W00T indeed, I'll keep trying to download, the server is completely down at the moment.
Old 2005-12-05, 14:00
Welcome to Zirla!

I downloaded it yesterday. Nice indeed. Keep up the good work, Zink.
Old 2005-12-05, 14:20
Master of Degree

The server is not down, it just responds very slowly, and browsers think it doesn't respond at all.

Oh, I forgot to mention one of the main improvements: Grids are now loaded a lot faster.

Old 2005-12-05, 14:39
weee

In Firefox I also couldn't do it, but after a lot of tries I managed to download it with GetRight! Using the address http://80.55.102.190/~zink/lba/pliki/LBArchitect.zip

Still downloading...
Old 2005-12-05, 14:43
Welcome to Zirla!

- Zink: I noticed the faster loading of grids indeed. Good work.
Old 2005-12-05, 14:56
weee

Zink, I salute you.

Amazing is just understatement here, you work on professional scale. The Brick and Library Editor is amazing (just checked it for the first time) - and also the Grid Builder of course. Software at this grade is actually what a lot of people ask money for.

Serisouly, GREAT contribution to all LBA fans with Litte Big Architect, we're really lucky to have you on our side
Old 2005-12-05, 15:30
Magic Ball Master

I only try the Builder and yeah it is really faster indeed. Great job. I'll try to check the other improvements also.

I'll also try to check the examples for work in Scene Mode soon.

Old 2005-12-05, 17:17
Master of Degree

I appreciate that you appreciate my work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Software at this grade is actually what a lot of people ask money for.
Hmmmm... integersting idea....

seriously, I dream one day I could make money from programming.

Old 2005-12-05, 18:11
weee

Well now you have something on your CV to support that dream
Old 2005-12-05, 20:32
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
seriously, I dream one day I could make money from programming.
Seriously? Isn't so dificult for you I think, really.

Old 2005-12-05, 22:25
Magic Ball Master

Sorry the double post.

I made some test using LBA Story Coder and Builder in SceneMode and the results were excelents. I test it in the Prison scene that is one of the most biggest scene in the game and it have lots of information inside. All tracks appear in less than a second. It's really, really fast, comparing with the other method.
But, I think you need to change two minor things for now :
- 1st the flag location. The flag should be in the middle of the brick square instead superior left corner.
- 2nd is the flag text. Isn't so important like the location, but you should increase the text size imo, it is a bit small I think. And a typo for a future version since this isn't mandatory, use LBA font instead . Just some thoughts.

The program is very compatible with 3rd party programs. Congrats, you still impress me as always

I'll try now, as soon as I can, release a version of LBA Story Coder compatible with LBArquitec since the version still out there for downloads isn't so great. And I thinking about release it because I'll not have time now to think about making the LBA Script Compilation.

Zink I'll send you Story Coder the way you can test your program better.

Old 2005-12-06, 04:57
Boobs!

And one more thing Zink, You should make it so that you can reopen your saved files. I made one, and I wanted to edit it!
Old 2005-12-06, 13:28
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebz2005
And one more thing Zink, You should make it so that you can reopen your saved files. I made one, and I wanted to edit it!
You can ofcourse.
Go to File->Open In Advance and choose Grid Costum, then choose your saved file. And don't forget about setting pu the library and the palette too.

Tags
lbarchitect