Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-03-29, 18:30
weee

Obras: this "pupik" was a stupid joke, but yes we mean nikkuds.
An extended version won't be necessary, but thanks

morshem: yes Shuruk. And yes, we already have it in the LBA font, that's why I added it to the LBA2 dos font as well.
Old 2005-03-31, 16:58
Master of Degree

Wow, you are great, OBrasilo. I didn't thought that it could be possible to replace DOS font inside the exe. Good work.

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2005-03-31, 22:20
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Obras or Zink - could you also make it so that the text will be in the correct order? Because currently it's inverted.
Old 2005-03-31, 23:11
weee

If you're talking about the translation files I sent you it has nothing to do with Zink or Obras, I just didn't told Zink which lines should be reversed in that key config menu yet.
Old 2005-04-01, 12:08
Master of Degree

Does that mean that some of them have to be reversed, and some not?

Old 2005-04-01, 13:00
weee

No what I meant is some of them are already reversed by LBA Hebrew Converter, but not all of the key config lines should be aligned to right.
I'll send you details soon
Old 2005-04-01, 18:50
Master of Degree

Hmmm... I thought that none of the "key" lines are right-aligned... ok, I will wait.

Old 2005-04-13, 16:10
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Zink: You have to reverse only those key lines, which contain Hebrew character. But warning: when putting spaces in front of it, put standard (#032) spaces, and not special spaces, as the key config menu uses the fixed 8x8 DOS font, and not the standard LBA font.
Old 2005-04-13, 18:07
Master of Degree

I knew that, but thanks. CF already told me which lines to reverse, and which not.

Old 2005-04-15, 20:11
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I kept continuing on the translation since a few days ago and recovered my mood to work again. I'm half-way on Desert Island.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-04-15, 21:28
weee

Great to see there's progress, keep it up Illumina!
Old 2005-04-28, 15:49
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
LBA 2 Font Replacer version 1.5.0
=================================

Author: João de Camões (OBrasilo).

Purpose: Replaces the 8x8 MS-DOS font inside the LBA 2 executables with an outside 8x8 MS-DOS font file.

Usage:
LBA2Replace "font_file_name" "lba2_path"
or
LBA2Replace "lba2_path"
or
LBA2Replace
or
LBA2Replace /A:"font_file_name" (to archive the font into the .EXE file)

NOTE: The quotation marks (") are obbligatory.

NOTE: If only one parameter is specified, then it's considered the LBA 2 path, and the font file is considered to be LBA2.FNT inside that folder.

NOTE: If no parameter is specified, then the LBA 2 path is the current folder, and the font file is the LBA2.FNT file inside the current folder.

NOTE: If no parameter is specified, and there is no LBA2.FNT file inside the current filder, then the LBA 2 path is the current folder, and the font is retrieved from within the LBA 2 Font Replacer's executable file.

NOTE: If only one parameter is specified, and it's preceded by a /A:, then the parameter specifies the font and that the program should archive it in the executable file.
Also, some bugs were corrected.

Example: LBA2Replace "C:\FONTS\CP862.FNT" "C:\Program Files\Activision\Twinsen's Odyssey"

BTW: Hebrew font (CP862.FNT), 8x8, included, so you can practise a bit, before using this program in an installation package.

Get it here: http://www.obrasilero.com/LBA2Replace.zip.

So now you have one file less to put into your installation package, Fishos. Just archive it into the LBA 2 Font Replacer's executable file. Also, you forgot to reverse these string of the key config menu:
"Left ALT", "Left CTRL", "Left SHIFT", "Right ALT", "Right CTRL", "Right SHIFT".
Can I try to reverse them for you or will you do it (if you do it, then send me the modified LBT file for that, of couse).
Old 2005-04-28, 16:09
weee

Thanks for the new version!

But please, don't change anything inside the LBT entries.
All keys shows in config menu just fine and not reversed. The English letters should not be reversed.
It's all fine, trust me, I checked a million times.
But thanks!
Old 2005-04-28, 17:04
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: Not the English letters, but the left alt, etc. have the words "left" or "right" in Hebrew, and they're still displayed as LTR. Trust me, Hebrew has to be RTL.
Old 2005-04-28, 17:13
weee

But I see them onscreen just right. And I checked inside the file and it's right too. So it's ok. No need to change
Old 2005-04-28, 18:07
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: you see them right, because you have Hebrew Windows, and it automatically reverses non-reversed Hebrew text in DOS... here, I see them LTR...
Old 2005-04-28, 18:09
weee

Can you please post a screenshot? Just so I know for sure what you're seeing.
Old 2005-04-28, 18:20

Actually, my interface language at Windows is English, and I see it fine.

If you mean that he has Hebrew enabled at Windows, then yeah... so do most of the people who use the translation.
Old 2005-04-28, 19:22
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: here's the screenshot. I circled the area, where to look, with a red ellipse. Actually, all texts here (not only those in the red ellipse) appear in LTR, except for the ones in the leftmost column.

And BTW, do not use the SFX feature of the LBA 2 font replacer. I found out, that it doesn't work well, so please just use the program in the old way, OK?
Old 2005-04-28, 19:30
weee

Ahh that's exactly what Mor and myself are seeing on our screens and it's just fine. No need to change anything but thanks for the concern.

And don't worry, I'll use the old way, I think it's the best way anyway.

[edit]
I never sent you the font I changed did I?
I see # instead of ' in your screenshot. hold a sec, I'll send you the FNT I use.

[edit2]
sent.

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2005-04-28 at 19:38.
Old 2005-04-28, 20:25
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: Got the file. OK, I ought to make this thing now.
Old 2005-04-28, 21:29

Erm, what about this screenshot? It looks fine to me...
Old 2005-04-29, 12:08
Welcome to Zirla!

- morshem: ChaosFish said that already...
Old 2005-06-15, 11:11
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: I found out, that the executable file of the Brazilian version of LBA 2 has the same size, as the one in the European version, but has some different offsets (I think because it's a bit earlier version, than the European one), so basically, I have to edit my LBA 2 Font Replacer to also support this version, so I would kindly ask you to re-release you Hebrew LBA 2 Translation as soon as I edit my LBA 2 Font Replacer.
Old 2005-06-15, 16:32
weee

Hmm..
Why would I need to re-release it? I would like the next release to be out only when we make a significant improvement, also because I've been also spreading it over eMule and such (the hash ID will change).