Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-08-21, 18:47
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Twinsun LBA 2 Island Polygon Viewer

Yes, I promised it 18 months ago (when I mentioned it on my first site as "LBA 2 Island Height Map Viewer"), and here it is now.

LBA 2 Island Polygon Viewer version 0.01 Beta
=================================================

Current features:
- Loading directly from .ILE files;
- Viewing each part from 4 different angles.

Things to do:
- Viewing the whole island in one piece;
- Viewing textures, clound and sea data, etc.;
- Editing islands.

How this program works
----------------------
You load a LBA 2 .ILE file. The program will automatically draw the first area. You can change areas with the vertical scroll bar near the text box. You can change the angle of view with the horizontal scroll bar under the "Rotate:" label. You will see a polygon drawn in the picture box on the right of the window.

Credits
-------
Me (OBrasilo): for starting the program and general coding.
Krzysztof Adamczewski (kat15pl): for supporting me with this program.

Here is the program: http://www.obrasilero.com/ILEView.zip.
And the source code: http://www.obrasilero.com/ILEView-source.zip.

Edit: Oh, and BTW, here is a screenshot of the program, when viewing a part of Otringal:

Enjoy it.

Last edited by Battler; 2005-08-21 at 20:59.
Old 2005-08-21, 20:25
Master of Degree

This looks great! Good work. I hope it will turn into an editor soon. BTW: You could make displaying all zones at once to make the islands look more "natural".

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2005-08-21, 21:01
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
This looks great! Good work. I hope it will turn into an editor soon.
Yeah, as soon as me and kat15pl manage to write some code to display textures on the islands, then yes, I will make it and editor.

Quote:
BTW: You could make displaying all zones at once to make the islands look more "natural".
Well... you're right about that. Besides, I already mentioned it in my post above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
Things to do:
So yeah, in the next version, the whole islands will be displayed, in one piece.
Old 2005-08-21, 22:11
Magic Ball Master

So could this eventually be used as a way to "create" your own islands for LBA?
Old 2005-08-21, 22:25
Welcome to Zirla!

- Double-J: But of course! One, when it will be an editor, you will be able to make your own LBA 2 islands.
Old 2005-08-22, 01:10
weee

Wow this is so cool! You keep up that amazing work there Obras!
Old 2005-08-22, 03:01
Magic Ball Master

Awesome!

So, theoretically, wouldn't it be possible to construct a whole new game, or actually add islands into LBA 2, as an "extended cut" (as long as it used LBA 2 models)? Could we finally see Principle Island in LBA 2? Would it be possible for someone to edit the game sequence where you could take a ferry from Desert Island to Principle Island and actually interact with the characters?

That would be awesome!
Old 2005-08-22, 15:05
Magic Ball Master

Nice work indeed!!!
Its a great thing to start but would it be excelent to have it in a 3D engine

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-08-22, 18:22
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Wow this is so cool! You keep up that amazing work there Obras!
Yeah, of course! Next version will also have Zoom (4 different zooms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
Awesome!

So, theoretically, wouldn't it be possible to construct a whole new game, or actually add islands into LBA 2, as an "extended cut" (as long as it used LBA 2 models)? Could we finally see Principle Island in LBA 2? Would it be possible for someone to edit the game sequence where you could take a ferry from Desert Island to Principle Island and actually interact with the characters?

That would be awesome!
Yeah, but of course! Only I have to make my program an editor (this will be as soon as I discover how the other data for each part is stored), then yes, it will be possible to make new islands for LBA 2, etc.

Quote:
Nice work indeed!!!
Its a great thing to start but would it be excelent to have it in a 3D engine
Yeah, you're right.
Old 2005-08-22, 19:54
Magic Ball Master

Obras for member of the year simply for this program!
Old 2005-08-23, 14:42
View paradise and fall...

Oh my god, it's finally come! May your loins be full of fruit, oBras!

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2005-08-23, 14:51
Look beyond reality.

Hmm, I don't have any lba2 files installed, could anyone make some more screenshots ?

Btw Obras, your a genious
Old 2005-08-23, 15:18
Magic Ball Master

This could be the way to make a quick LBA 3-type game without a new engine...we could recycle most of the stuff from LBA 2 (and maybe add new textures and models and whatnot?) and then just re-record voices and whatnot to make another LBA game!

Unless I'm off base here...
Old 2005-08-23, 15:32
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
good work

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-08-23, 16:24
Do the evolution.

Obrasilo - I have a question, is your viewer capable of exporting the height map to a bitmap? This, along with the amount/size of triangles could be very handy .
Old 2005-08-23, 17:08
formerly just angry

Brilliant work there Obras - your skills seem to know no limit Keep it up
Old 2005-08-23, 17:28
Welcome to Zirla!

- Bot13: OK, here's another screenshot (this one from the (still unreleased) version 0.02, when viewing a part of Citadel Island):

And thanks to everyone else for the compliments I receiver here. New version (0.02) coming today. Still only viewer, but now with zoom, specifying lines-per-point, etc.
Old 2005-08-23, 18:09
MooMoo

Send a message via MSN to MuhMuh
WOW! Will we be able to use high-resolution textures? :P I think everything would look much better with better textures. And if we could export the maps to other Programs it would be much easier to make fangames.
Old 2005-08-23, 20:33
Welcome to Zirla!

LBA 2 Island Polygon Viewer version 0.02 Beta
=================================================

New features:
- Option to change the amount of lines/triangles per point;
- Four different zooms;
- Controls are now disabled until a file is open;
- Whenever it's needed to re-draw the polygon, the drawing procedure is now called (before, all instances had the drawing code);
- Removed the grid;
- Fixed program crash, when you press Cancel in the Load Island dialog box;
- Exporting polygons to .BMP pictures.

Current features:
- Loading directly from .ILE files;
- Viewing each part from 4 different angles.

Things to do:
- Displaying only what should be visible (currently (as well as in version 0.01), the parts that should be covered (because they're behind our viewpoint) are still drawn);
- Viewing textures, clound and sea data, etc.;
- Editing islands.

How this program works
----------------------
You load a LBA 2 .ILE file. The program will automatically draw the first area. You can change areas with the vertical scroll bar near the text box. You can change the angle of view with the horizontal scroll bar under the "Rotate:" label. You will see a polygon drawn in the picture box on the right of the window.

NOTE: When exporting to .BMP, if the polygon is zoomed to 2x default or 4x default, the whole polygon is exported, and not just the part you see in the PictureBox.

Credits
-------
Me (OBrasilo): for starting the program and general coding.
Krzysztof Adamczewski (kat15pl): for supporting me with this program.

Here is the program: http://www.obrasilero.com/ILEView.zip.
And the source code: http://www.obrasilero.com/ILEView-source.zip.

Edit: Oh, and BTW, here is a screenshot of this version of the program, when viewing a part of Desert Island:
Old 2005-08-24, 22:03
View paradise and fall...

Do you think that in the next version it would be possible to have the window as one where you can 'drag' the image around? Wouldn't it be quite easy - if you're drawing the whole bitmap everytime the zoom or rotation changes and the only displaying that part of the bitmap which falls inside the window with scrolling changes, (I assume you are, anyway) then couldn't at least smooth scrolling could be facilitated?

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2005-08-24, 22:11
Welcome to Zirla!

- Golemboy: You mean to make a function that if you drag, the image is scrolled? I'll try to do it, but I can't promise anything yet.
Old 2005-08-24, 22:24
Do the evolution.

Hey, Obrasilo, sorry to nag, but I'll ask again, can you make your editor to save the hmp map as a bitmap ? (you know, white is the highest, black is the lowest) it would be(at least for me) a very neat thing. Oh, and I get an error like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comndlg32ocx.jpg‎
Views:	129
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	4936  
Old 2005-08-24, 22:59
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Obrasilo.. one question: directx.. or not.. anyone know how can I put texture into it?
Old 2005-08-24, 23:30
Previously Link

wow, obras, you are a genius !!! this program will be the best lba-editing program once it will be finnished !!!
keep it up !!!
Old 2005-08-24, 23:56
Welcome to Zirla!

- Jasiek: You mean saving the height map as .BMP? OK, I'll try to do that feature in version 0.03. But there would be a problem - all heights are 16-bit and range from 0 to 32767.
Now, if I convert them to 0-255 heights, it makes it possible to save them as greyscale BMP's, but they won't be as detailed. I can also save the height map as cyan gradients - that would be better, because I would use the first byte of the height as green value and second byte as blue value, and the red value would always be 0.
But however, to solve the dilemma, I'll put both - 2 buttons: "Export height map as grayscale bitmap" and "Export height map as cyan gradient bitmap".
Oh and BTW, check a post there in the LBA Scene Manager thread, it contains the link to a file which you need to download, if you want to run VB programs.

- kat15pl: Stop asking me about that. I don't know how to put textures neither.

- Link: Thanks. I'll keep up the good work.

Last edited by Battler; 2005-08-25 at 00:04.