Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2007-06-11, 17:28
Radical Dreamer

just so you know - you make an iso dump of the PSX CD, then cram it through a converter for PSP.

Have fun playing - you'll be constantly lacking shoulder buttons though.

oh, and by the way: go for custom firmware. I really don't understand why people keep on using the sony bullshit...
Old 2007-06-11, 17:45
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Let us know if you get it on. If you need any help getting it on your psp let me know.
Old 2007-06-11, 17:54
Radical Dreamer

no no don't get me wrong, I'm not going to load that ISO. I was just telling you how to do it. PSP flawlessly emulates about 95% of PS1-games, and, to be really honest, I'm not too fond of the PS1 LBA...
Old 2007-06-11, 18:21

Quote:
no no don't get me wrong, I'm not going to load that ISO. I was just telling you how to do it. PSP flawlessly emulates about 95% of PS1-games, and, to be really honest, I'm not too fond of the PS1 LBA...
I was actually talking to haz0r I was just seeing if he new how to do it. I only just saw both of your posts now :P

Which custom firmweare would you suggest Q-WI-Q? Also what do you shoulder buttons do? I hope they dont play a major role because psp only has :S
Old 2007-06-11, 19:55

Ok well this wasnt a great success. I was getting under 25kbs and at around halfway it still appeared to be downloading but it wasnt. .
Old 2007-06-12, 23:21

Ok i got the ps1 game of lba I was very lucky though i forgot about the auction i was watching and in the nick of time remembered it and got my last bid in with 17 seconds to go lmao. Ill keep possting updates if people arei nterested? I now need to get myself a PSP firmware 1.5.
Old 2007-06-13, 06:28
D0PEFISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lba07 View Post
Ok i got the ps1 game of lba I was very lucky though i forgot about the auction i was watching and in the nick of time remembered it and got my last bid in with 17 seconds to go lmao. Ill keep possting updates if people arei nterested? I now need to get myself a PSP firmware 1.5.
Nice! You could possibly pick up the old firmware on eBay aswell. I myself paid a little bit extra for a version 2.0 last year sometime, so I could downgrade.
Old 2007-06-13, 20:16

Well i got the game arrived in the post (very quick delivery i think?). Tried it on the ps2. Looks good. Graphics are much worse though than the pc (could that be possible) and it is very difficult to control twinsen. Managed to get to principle island in about 5 mins though.

Jonelian: Not saying those pictures are fake but i have some questions (if you still visit here). No1: you claim that was a psx version on your psp? So where are the clover boxes, coins and health at the top in your picrtures? As shown here:

Also, to swap between athletic, discreet, normal and aggresive you need all 4 shoulder buttons. PSP has 2. How have you managed this?
I dont think jonelian is active here anymore so if anyone else can answer these questions reat
Old 2007-06-14, 14:21
D0PEFISH

Quote:
Also, to swap between athletic, discreet, normal and aggresive you need all 4 shoulder buttons. PSP has 2. How have you managed this?
I dont think jonelian is active here anymore so if anyone else can answer these questions reat
It is probably possible to bind the extra shoulder buttons to different buttons on the PSP.
Old 2007-06-14, 14:41

Yes it is. I checked out pspmod and they gave me an answer. So once i get my 1.5 psp looks like im good to go!
Old 2007-06-19, 22:34
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Sorry, Im flitting in from time to time, but I only really turned up to give the good news The clover boxes arent there because I zoomed the screen so that I didnt have the black bars at the top and bottom - I think if you convert the PAL ISO using NTSC fixes it should come out full screen, but I have just left it the way it was for simplicitys sake.

In case anyone else is wondering, the analogue nub makes up for lack of shoulder buttons. I changed the settings so that normal was on the actual shoulder buttons, otherwise it gets old quickly remembing to hit the nub!
Old 2007-06-20, 03:22
Magic Level: Red Ball

-you can change the screen mode to full screen with all psx games from everywhere.

-you can downgrade your firmware

-And this topic is not about "Fan Games"
Old 2007-06-20, 20:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johelian View Post
Sorry, Im flitting in from time to time, but I only really turned up to give the good news The clover boxes arent there because I zoomed the screen so that I didnt have the black bars at the top and bottom - I think if you convert the PAL ISO using NTSC fixes it should come out full screen, but I have just left it the way it was for simplicitys sake.

In case anyone else is wondering, the analogue nub makes up for lack of shoulder buttons. I changed the settings so that normal was on the actual shoulder buttons, otherwise it gets old quickly remembing to hit the nub!
Ok air do's about the clovers. Johnelian you should visit here more often and post more pics of this . And thanks for the info on the analogue stick.

To groovylife, how do you change it to full screen? And whats with the random statement "you can downgrade your firmware?" If you were saying it to me, the no i can i have version 3.11 which is not downgradable (yet). And its sort of a fan game?!?! :S

And the person im meant to be buying the psp off still hasn't contacted me which is irratating as i need to get a 1.5 one :@ lol/
Old 2007-06-20, 22:34
Magic Level: Red Ball

Quote:
To groovylife, how do you change it to full screen? And whats with the random statement "you can downgrade your firmware?" If you were saying it to me, the no i can i have version 3.11 which is not downgradable (yet). And its sort of a fan game?!?! :S

And the person im meant to be buying the psp off still hasn't contacted me which is irratating as i need to get a 1.5 one :@ lol/
I think it's the Home button wich brings up the menu.

If you have 3.11 I understand that you cant downgrade, but 3.1 and lower can do so.

And LBA is not a fangame, its THE game.
Old 2007-06-20, 23:15

Yes but this is LBA for the psp! So you can take LBA wherever you go And the seller of the psp im wanting has responded so shouldt be too long before i get this game on my psp And thanks for the tip with the home button.
Old 2007-06-28, 01:11

Hi. I got this game working on the psp but with little success. Loads great, plays the intro great. I was dead excited. Then when it loads you see twinsen standing on, well, nothing! There is no background whatsoever. Is it there, you just cannot see it. You can se VERY little things. You can see all people (ir gurards, grobos etc) you can see doors that you can go through and you can the the elevator things the guard comes in on and says "stop squirmiig prisoner twinsun. I somehow, through some miracle, managed to get to my house and meet zoe lmao but i couldt get to a hiding place, i kept runnig into walls so the super gro shot me o well.
Old 2007-07-02, 04:10

Hells yes. Believe it or not i have been stressing over this since my last post (over 20 days ago) and yes its past 2 in the morning but who gives a shit because i have LBA running on my PSP PERFECTLY!

JESUS i have been up ages trying to do this and with the help of Johelian's posts on pspmod.com and other related topics i have done it!

If anybody needs any help getting lba on their psp, i can guarantee with my help you will have it running!

Any mostly thankyou Johelian for making this possible!
Old 2007-07-03, 17:22
D0PEFISH

Just a quick question lba07, what did you use to make a dump of the LBA PSX CD?
Old 2007-07-04, 00:06

Not too sure what that means mate. But the only programs i used were alcohol120% and popstation. Alcohol120 to create a BIN image file, and popstaion to convert the BIN image file into an EBOOT. Hope this helps.
Old 2007-07-04, 14:08

Quote:
Hells yes. Believe it or not i have been stressing over this since my last post (over 20 days ago) and yes its past 2 in the morning but who gives a shit because i have LBA running on my PSP PERFECTLY!

JESUS i have been up ages trying to do this and with the help of Johelian's posts on pspmod.com and other related topics i have done it!

If anybody needs any help getting lba on their psp, i can guarantee with my help you will have it running!

Any mostly thankyou Johelian for making this possible!
Amazing! What are the extra steps? Ive ripped and popped it but i'm still stuck without the sprites. The link from Johelian's post seems to be dead.... Ill do some more browsing on PSPmod - LBA07 I assume your talking about the pal version?

Jim
Old 2007-07-04, 18:59

Yep, the version is pal. Here is a basic (i hope) guide of doing it.

1. I have dark alex's 3.40oe a custom firmware
2. Download popstation
3. Open the lba iso/cue file in popstation
4. Where it says "change game save and game id", click it and change it to SLPS 01222
5. Click go
6. Once its finished, locate the eboot and the keys files. Create a folder called "SLES00698" (Im not really sure if the name of this folder matters but this is what i called it and it works)
7. Put the eboot file and the keys file in this folder.
8. Conect psp to computer and go to PSP/GAME
9. Paste the "SLES00698" folder in this place then you should be good to go.

The most important step is step 4: Where it says "change game save and game id", click it and change it to SLPS 01222. If the game id is not changed to SLPS 01222 then it will not work. I hope this helps.
Old 2007-07-05, 02:10

Works a treat - thanks!
Old 2007-07-05, 02:10

Great! Glad i could help
Old 2007-07-06, 23:31

Hey, I just thought I would share the love Its people like the guys at PSPMod and DarkAlex that REALLY made this possible! Now we just have to wait for a decent DOS emulator to try and get LBA2 working (that will be the day, lol).

You can fullscreen PAL games, but it looks rather cruddy if you just use the Home menu options. I think you can run a fix on it when you convert it from an ISO to an EBOOT, I know that PSX2PSP does it but Im not sure off the top of my head if Popstation does.

Incidentally, I have now removed the vid, as it was rather large. I think anyone that needs to see it has done already..?

PS you can name the game folder on the PSP memory stick anything you like. I name mine after the actual games titles to make them easier to move about...not so much an issue if you only have one game file, but I have several on a 4GB stick...
Old 2007-07-12, 00:36
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
EL, Please get the search function to search words with at last 3 letters instead of four... it took me some time to find this thread!

And I'm downloading lba1 for psx but its downloading 1mb per day. Perhaps I'd better wait they make lba3 compatible for psp.

or use a torrent