Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2005-09-07, 21:06
Xakep_INC's Avatar
Xakep_INC Xakep_INC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,059
Send a message via ICQ to Xakep_INC
Bloggity blogge blog

http://danny-p.blogspot.com/

Is such open propaganda permitted? :P

Anyways.. Jump for a visit if you will..
And post your blog addy's!
Maybe make it an official blog thread or something
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2005-09-07, 21:11
hobmoblin's Avatar
hobmoblin hobmoblin is offline
thegnarlypanda
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England
Posts: 1,355
Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
I started reading yours, but my eyes started bleeding because of the brightness (which can't be changed for some reason) of my monitor.

Mine:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hingedshinobi/
__________________
The Gnarly Panda.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2005-09-07, 22:46
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Why do you link to christianitytoday.com?

That site is advertising a book called "The liberty of obedience to god", ffs.


Oh, and it has an article why The Da Vinci Code isn't real.
I guess they missed the part in the beginning of the book saying "This isn't real"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2005-09-08, 00:55
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Gee, it's been a while.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,122
The site isn't bad, although a bit too green. The background distracts you from reading the blog...

Yeah, and I question the links, somewhat..

hobmoblin: Err... if you think Xakep's blog was tough to follow, yours is no better. The fond is slightly annoying ,and the design is somewhat lacking, IMO... Not the best colour choice, either...

Oh, and Livejournal sucks, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2005-09-08, 01:31
Panda's Avatar
Panda Panda is offline
Still in a dream...
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,723
Blogs suck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2005-09-08, 01:35
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
Blogs suck.
I tend to agree. sorry.




Edit: An intellectual article from christianitytoday.com:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/tcw/2003/005/5.58.html

Don't they know that porn = sinning, and that they will all burn in the fiery pits of hell?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.

Last edited by Reek; 2005-09-08 at 10:48.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2005-09-08, 11:34
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,163
I know the future: this thread will become another religion argument thread...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2005-09-08, 19:32
Panda's Avatar
Panda Panda is offline
Still in a dream...
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,723
To be fair, hinged shinobi's one was quite funny.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2005-09-08, 20:34
Purple Sheep's Avatar
Purple Sheep Purple Sheep is offline
Sheepie for short
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Don't they know that porn = sinning, and that they will all burn in the fiery pits of hell?
Dude, surely you know the basis of Christianity is that Jesus in effect went to hell instead of us? You don't seem to have actually read the article either.

Blogs can be great. I don't have one personally because I'm not the kind of guy who can share his feelings easily with his close family or friends, let alone the world.

I really like Xakep_INC's colour sceme actually as well.
__________________
MBN Wrestlefest Champion 2006

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2005-09-08, 21:08
hobmoblin's Avatar
hobmoblin hobmoblin is offline
thegnarlypanda
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England
Posts: 1,355
Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Ok, one of you goons is trying to insult me via their comments, which actually made me laugh, keep em coming.

This is now my favourite comment :

Ooh, how cool.
"I don't care what you think about me, check it out, i'm cool"
__________________
The Gnarly Panda.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2005-09-08, 21:25
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sheep
Dude, surely you know the basis of Christianity is that Jesus in effect went to hell instead of us?
I was mocking the article's attitude of "porn = naughty"

As Maggie finished a fifth story, she reached for her teacup and discovered it was ice cold. Startled, she looked at the clock. It was after midnight, and she'd been surfing a porn site for more than three hours.

Disgusted, Maggie turned off her computer and went to bed. The high was gone and she felt lower than when she'd started. Tears flooded her pillow as she begged the God she'd known and loved for years to give her help, direction, and answers. She'd never felt so alone.


Surely you agree that this is a stupid article?
(I'm not saying it's stupid because of the god stuff, I think it's stupid and quite pathetic that someone writes about some woman's porn addiction, regardless of religion and belief)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2005-09-08, 21:50
Purple Sheep's Avatar
Purple Sheep Purple Sheep is offline
Sheepie for short
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
I was mocking the article's attitude of "porn = naughty"
Oh right.
__________________
MBN Wrestlefest Champion 2006

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2005-09-08, 23:26
Gustav Sweden's Avatar
Gustav Sweden Gustav Sweden is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oresund Region
Posts: 7,724
Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
What do you guys mean when you say that blogs suck? If you mean blogs as a medium I find it hard to say such a thing, but perhaps you mean the fact that there are millions of blogs with VERY varying quality outthere? Blogs as a medium is a new, powerful tool to develop our democracy. It offers new ways of communicating and reporting about stuff that the mainstream media ignores or misses.

I don't read much blogs, but my favourites are:
www.johannorberg.net (English/Swedish)
http://www.forclark.com/ (English)
http://americanpatriot.blogspot.com (English)

For the Swedish guys out there I can recommend these:
http://svedskironaldo.blogspot.com
http://www.gudmundson.blogspot.com
http://www.usablogg.org
__________________
People like Coldplay, but they don't love them. People like U2, but they don't love them. But people fucking love Oasis. That's the way it is. It's more than the music.
-Noel Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2005-09-08, 23:40
Aule's Avatar
Aule Aule is offline
Idot
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: K of S
Posts: 1,720
Send a message via ICQ to Aule
I read:
Pirazine and Copyriot

Both are in swedish however..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2005-09-08, 23:42
Gustav Sweden's Avatar
Gustav Sweden Gustav Sweden is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oresund Region
Posts: 7,724
Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I forgot the best blog of them all (English) http://skaneland.blogspot.com/
__________________
People like Coldplay, but they don't love them. People like U2, but they don't love them. But people fucking love Oasis. That's the way it is. It's more than the music.
-Noel Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2005-09-08, 23:45
Gustav Sweden's Avatar
Gustav Sweden Gustav Sweden is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oresund Region
Posts: 7,724
Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
This blog has actually managed to get big influence on American politics. http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

Read about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog#Bl...e_to_influence
__________________
People like Coldplay, but they don't love them. People like U2, but they don't love them. But people fucking love Oasis. That's the way it is. It's more than the music.
-Noel Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2005-09-09, 14:39
Xakep_INC's Avatar
Xakep_INC Xakep_INC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,059
Send a message via ICQ to Xakep_INC
Quote:
Why do you link to christianitytoday.com?
You do realize I linked to that site because of some of the music reviews there? If you'd like to mock it's articles, I don'r see the point.
I didn't ever actually bother to read some of the articles there. I just find most of them pretty silly.
Same about Albinoblacksheep. I posted it because it is funny, and not something else.

Besides, your (was it yours?) comment on my blog isn't so polite. I have as much Jewish blood as many of the people here in Israel, I soon will serve my country in an elite navy unit, and I love this counrty. As far as I remember Israel supported democracy and promised to respect everyone no matter what he believes. I can't see why do you think you have more right to live here than me.
If it wasn't you, sorry then. I direct this at whoever wrote that rude comment.

Oh, and I updated it.. And added some more links.

Last edited by Xakep_INC; 2005-09-09 at 15:20.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2005-09-09, 21:53
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xakep_INC
You do realize I linked to that site because of some of the music reviews there? If you'd like to mock it's articles, I don'r see the point.
I didn't ever actually bother to read some of the articles there. I just find most of them pretty silly.
Same about Albinoblacksheep. I posted it because it is funny, and not something else.

Besides, your (was it yours?) comment on my blog isn't so polite. I have as much Jewish blood as many of the people here in Israel, I soon will serve my country in an elite navy unit, and I love this counrty. As far as I remember Israel supported democracy and promised to respect everyone no matter what he believes. I can't see why do you think you have more right to live here than me.
If it wasn't you, sorry then. I direct this at whoever wrote that rude comment.

Oh, and I updated it.. And added some more links.
lol, it wasn't me.

And I mock their articles because I find them stupid, which usually why people mock things.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2005-09-10, 21:39
Xakep_INC's Avatar
Xakep_INC Xakep_INC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,059
Send a message via ICQ to Xakep_INC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
I find them stupid,
Thou art most right about it. (Well, most of them anyway).
I still don't get why they try to prove the DaVinci code to be wrong.. I always thought that it was a fiction novel. I guess I'll go and prove StarWars to be wrong!.. man, forget starwars!! The uber evil PeterPan
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2005-09-10, 21:43
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,163
That sounds like a totally brilliant idea actually. Make an article that proves Star Wars is wrong!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 2005-09-10, 22:56
Purple Sheep's Avatar
Purple Sheep Purple Sheep is offline
Sheepie for short
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,517
It's obviously wrong because you can't hear sound in space.

That was quick.
__________________
MBN Wrestlefest Champion 2006

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2005-09-28, 22:59
Darkflame's Avatar
Darkflame Darkflame is offline
Classic
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sol, Earth, NL
Posts: 22,496
Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Nah, because the camera man is in an air-bubble, and vibrations from dust nearby cause's sound inside the bubble.

Anything proved wrong, and be explained away by fans.

oh, and blogs are wonderfull.
Well, lets me more exact:
Most blogs are utter shit, but the *idea* is wonderfull, and hence theres some gems out there.
__________________
http://fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2006-06-21, 20:37
hobmoblin's Avatar
hobmoblin hobmoblin is offline
thegnarlypanda
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England
Posts: 1,355
Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Thread Revival!

===

Thought I'd revive this thread rather than post a new one. I have new blog: http://www.hingedshinobi.co.uk/blog/ it started off as me fiddling around with blogging software on my site. Any of you guys got any new blogs you write/are reading?
__________________
The Gnarly Panda.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2006-06-22, 00:41
Aule's Avatar
Aule Aule is offline
Idot
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: K of S
Posts: 1,720
Send a message via ICQ to Aule
I have extended my blog-reading by:
Oscar Swartz (swedish)
frihet,fildelning och feminism (swedish)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2006-06-22, 05:15
SebZ SebZ is offline
Magic Ball Mister
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Far away from you
Posts: 2,800
Hobmoblin - The way you've spelt lense is pronounced lensie
The propper spelling is lens
Unless that's what you wanted... which is cool
__________________
Just remember, what happens in localhost, stays in localhost.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A blog Gustav Sweden Member Announcements 12 2006-02-11 22:40
Blog Double-J Member Announcements 16 2005-06-03 21:02


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:11.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, the Magicball Network