Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-05-09, 02:33
View paradise and fall...

Its a Clone's Life

I am working on a LBA2 remake, "Its a Clone's Life" by swapping the BODY.HQR entries and replacing the TEXT.HQR files. Video and vox files are a problem however, but im done with citadel island bodies. next will be the text files. story as follows:

"At the end of LBA1, instead of destoying funfrock's work, he hunts down all the ff clones and lakes over his evil organisation. He keeps the origonal alive, exiled on the old citadel island, and used him to make hundreds of botched clones of himself and his most loyal friends. ff is allowed only a few clones left to him, and he is watched by several Enforcers of Twinsen's will. Along with this small retinue are some of the malformed creations that he found unusable, and a few disgraced esmers. Zeelich has been completely taken over by Twinsen, who almost seamlessly took power from the emporer and now rules both the planets will and iron grip.

You are a clone, one of the only groboclones left to ff, and whom ff seems to have fallen completely in love with...???. Your first task is to revover your armour from the armoury (museum) from the watchman. Go in though the window, and use the magnetic field sealing away the armour to stretch out the franco watchman, allowing you to escape. Then go and free the Sup lighthousekeeper to end the storm, allowing you to escape the island. Problem is, he is watched by Elfclones and a botched Twinsenclone. Go kill them!

Now the storm is over, you can escape to find a way to repair ff's shuttle, as long as the Gloom Trevelagent is crooked enough. Unfortunatly twinsen takes the oppertunity to fly in some improved clone watchmen. That'll make things a bit harder..."

thats as far as its got so far, and i havnt done all the speech files, but iv got a complete body.hqr file done for citadel island. only thing is, i cant upload even the zip file as it is too large. any ideas?

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-05-09, 12:18
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Whoa, that's super original

I think you'll need to seek remote hosting, perhaps you could send it via e-mail to El Muerte?
Old 2004-05-09, 12:20
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Hey, golemboy, I'll soon be making a color editor for LBA 2 body files. I don't know the format, but I deciphered how the colors are. With that one you will maybe be able to edit Bob, so that he will have super-groboclone colors.
Old 2004-05-09, 13:37
!!!!!

Wow Golemboy I am VERY proud of you
This sounds ultra cool!

As usual, I recommend the free 100mb host free.fr. You need to give your postal home address for registration, and they will send you your password through postal mail within 2 weeks to any place on earth. Free. Excellent. Then you will be able to host it.
Old 2004-05-09, 13:43
Magic Ball Master

Nice one Golembo...

If you have a good connection you can install easyphp and you will have a server in your pc. With this you can put here your ip and the folder and all people will share the files.
The program is simple to use and is very nice

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-05-09, 16:44
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Sounds cool

Also, when a few people have a copy they should all put it on a p2p programs shared folder. Spreads quickest that way.
Old 2004-05-09, 16:56
Magic Ball Master

What do you think to make an DC++ hub for LBA? All LBA MBN members can share your LBA files.

Old 2004-05-09, 20:34
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
What do you think to make an DC++ hub for LBA? All LBA MBN members can share your LBA files.
I dont think so many use DC++ here and i think someone must program it

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2004-05-09, 21:21
Magic Ball Master

Said Dc++ because was the only that I know with hubs.

If anyone knows one better...

Old 2004-05-09, 22:32
dig me now, fuck me later

Send a message via MSN to lembo
if the final file/files are going to be under about 400Mb, i could make you an ftp account, and you could shove it up on my webspace for the time being (sorry, i couldn't host it there permenantly because it'd just take up too much space, but i could host it for a good couple of months at least). Let me know if you wanna do that.

Oh, and sounds like a very cool idea

www.disassembly.co.uk
Old 2004-05-11, 19:07

hmmm
i actually have an old geocities site for my RPGmaker2k3 game, but since im melting that down and merging it w/ another game i might as well use that

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-05-11, 21:15
Magic Ball Master

This is a very cool idea Golemboy, I hope things go well with it
Old 2004-05-12, 12:05
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Arrow Reply to ChaosFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Wow Golemboy I am VERY proud of you
This sounds ultra cool!

As usual, I recommend the free 100mb host free.fr. You need to give your postal home address for registration, and they will send you your password through postal mail within 2 weeks to any place on earth. Free. Excellent. Then you will be able to host it.
Actually, ChaosFish, I tried to sign up there, but it needs a French address. What address did you put there? N-SoftInd also tried to sign up there, he put a Slovenian address, but it didn't work (as if it doesn't know Slovenia). What do do?
Old 2004-05-12, 15:54
!!!!!

Strange.. I've put my address (I live at Israel) and it arrived to my mail box.
Old 2004-05-12, 16:04
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Strange.. I've put my address (I live at Israel) and it arrived to my mail box.
Ditto
Old 2004-05-13, 00:22

well, the rudimentries of a web site is up
http://www.geocities.com/child_mua
its not advanced at ALL, but it has a working download link for those that want it.
im having trouble with the text.hqr file, im going to have to rely on my backup bodyfile and re-copy/clone my LBA2 directory. Would running the second identical executable, (even though the files it refers to are altered) cause any conflicting errors?

Old 2004-05-13, 15:42
!!!!!

Cool!
btw, thought of replacing the spirits and the samples?
Quote:
Would running the second identical executable, (even though the files it refers to are altered) cause any conflicting errors?
I didn't really understand...
Old 2004-05-13, 16:06
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
The website's okay besides the music. Music tends to scare off visitors
Old 2004-05-13, 16:13
dig me now, fuck me later

Send a message via MSN to lembo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golemboy
Would running the second identical executable, (even though the files it refers to are altered) cause any conflicting errors?
Generally just references to sections of memory/sections of files are stored, so as long as the filename is still the same, and there is still data in the position in the file that you're asking it to look, and so long as the data in that position is still in the format that it's expecting (which it should be if you have for example a text.hqr file, which just stores text for the game, no images, models or anything else), then it should work fine. Test it though, best way to find out

www.disassembly.co.uk
Old 2004-05-15, 11:30

hi agin. im gona hav 2 take off the music from the site, as geocities seems to have completely failed to upload it properly, and my data transfer limit never seems to last more than a few hours (not even sure if that is the music).
but im haveing bigger problems (huge actually) with the text files.

EDIT:
ok i think the problem is that i mistakenly told the LBAreader that i opened an lba1 file, and the text was written w/out a background, and all at the top of the screen with baldinos face at the side like a radio contact. take 2!

EDIT2:
all done, the text is editing fine now

Last edited by Golemboy; 2004-05-15 at 12:13.
Old 2004-05-15, 12:21

i know this is adouble post but iv edited twice already on my last post
i wanted to edit the tralu's spitything attack sprite to the yellow magic ball, but i actually cant find it. even using depacked thing i cant find it. the thing i thought was it isnt, and i really dont know where to find it. also sound (vox files,i mean) are a difficulty as i have no real equipment to actually record sound. music i can certainly edit if i want to, and i might reorder the sound twinsen makes when hit to the sound a mechgrobo makes hwen hit, the magic ball sound to the missile launch sound etc

btw o brasileiro , whats this about a colour editor? sounds very cool

Old 2004-05-16, 18:05
Welcome to Zirla!

Arrow Reply to Golemboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golemboy
i know this is adouble post but iv edited twice already on my last post
i wanted to edit the tralu's spitything attack sprite to the yellow magic ball, but i actually cant find it. even using depacked thing i cant find it. the thing i thought was it isnt, and i really dont know where to find it. also sound (vox files,i mean) are a difficulty as i have no real equipment to actually record sound. music i can certainly edit if i want to, and i might reorder the sound twinsen makes when hit to the sound a mechgrobo makes hwen hit, the magic ball sound to the missile launch sound etc

btw o brasileiro , whats this about a colour editor? sounds very cool
Actually, the color editor is a program to edit the colors in the LBA 2 bodies. I actually made some bodies for clones (grobo and rabbibunny) - grobos by editing Bob (with covered head), and rabbibunnies by editing the mechanical rabbibunny near the end. For the sphero clones, the recommended would be to use the robot on Otringal as a base. Well... I still haven't made the program (I edited those bodies using a hex editor), but I'm starting to make it. If you want more information, source codes, etc., then send me a private message, OK.
Old 2004-05-16, 18:37

i just spent roughly 2 hours doing the citadel island text, all perfect, teurns out i had told it that it was an lba1 text file. its going to taek so long to sort out and be so menial that i rally cant be bothered to do it right now. *sigh*. il hav to do it next weekend. other than that, iv changed the franco guy in the museum to an empty container. the idea was that he would be a watchman, but then the animation made no sense. now the Hyper Armour is hidden inside it invisably, haha yes thats right. an obvious but unavoidable story crapout

Old 2004-05-16, 19:17
Welcome to Zirla!

By the way, Golemboy, I'm going to upload those edited bodies tomorrow (they will be very useful for you, I suppose). Also, two other bodies, I haven't mentioned before: franco policeman with green helmet and green gun, and franco guard with red helmet and red spike. Neat, heh?
Old 2004-05-18, 21:40

just got the body files, they are very useful! ++++thnx!
i really need to get my shit together and properly start doing programing again. i started a while back but stopped for can remember what reason. anyways, thnx for the files!