Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2015-04-23, 17:56
Master of Degree

Zone Save in the Android version

It feels strange creating the topic in the First Aid section, but oh well...

I played LBA on Android for some time, until I came to the Temple of Bu, when I gave up, because it was ridiculously hard with the touch controls. Now I'm trying to have another shot at it, and it seems that there is some helping feature called "Zone Save", that is supposed to save your current progress through the current area, so that when you do something wrong you won't have to start from beginning.

The problem is: I cannot make it working. When I click the Zone Save button it shows the diskette icon, so the saving seems to be working. But then how do I restore the saved progress? There is no button for that, and when I exit to the main menu and load the game again, I start from the beginning of the area.

More surprisingly, I haven't found any comments on this in the internet. Only one other guy, who has got the same problem, without any answer for him. Am I that dumb that I have missed something obvious?

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2015-04-23, 20:04
Magic Ball Master

Didn't know about that option, as I didn't follow too much the new updates.

I would say it will only save the zone until you're playing on that scene. If you die, it will restore on that zone you saved. If you quit or leave the current scene that save feature will be disabled.
Keep in mind this is just a guess, but I will check it, since I've installed the game again few days ago in a different Android device.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2015-04-24, 18:59
Master of Degree

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but that didn't work too. When I die, regardless of number of clovers I have, I still start at the entry point of the scene. And I tried with a different scene than the Temple of Bu, just in case that one was excluded.

Old 2015-04-24, 20:34
Magic Ball Master

Yep, I did try as well and I didn't understand how to use it. The hint they give in the resume menu are also not clear to me.
Even try to crash or close the app to see if we get the save in that place and nothing happens.
Old 2015-04-28, 07:16
Master of Degree

I think I know how it works.
It just does the same as passing to another Scene - it saves the current progress. But not as another save system, that can be restored, but in the same save system. It is useful in areas where you need to find an item or do some task, and may die afterwards before you can make it to another scene. In this case you just save the zone progress, and you may do anything without worrying that you will have to repeat the task if something goes wrong.

Old 2015-05-01, 23:58
Magic Ball Master

It makes sense then.
Not entirely clear, but yeah, saving the game flags it's the important thing.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website