Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2015-06-14, 05:04
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

LBA1 How to get rid of barrels in the museum?

So I have barrels blocking the elevator door in the museum at proxima island. When I look up video tutoriall the barrels are not there and I have actually been following video tutorials but apparently I seem to have missed something because the barrels are there for me. The only thing I haven't done is spoken to that rabbit on the roof that you have to give 4 clovers to as I only have 3 but looking the video the barrels weren't there long before he spoke to the rabbit.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 2015-06-14, 16:41
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- altiris28048: You must have an updated version of the game then. From what I know, the 1995 floppy version has this change, and the Japanese version has it too. Have yet to see a European or US CD version with it though.

So first, what version of LBA 1 you have? Floppy, EU/US CD, Japanese CD? Or another version?
Old 2015-06-14, 17:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- altiris28048: You must have an updated version of the game then. From what I know, the 1995 floppy version has this change, and the Japanese version has it too. Have yet to see a European or US CD version with it though.

So first, what version of LBA 1 you have? Floppy, EU/US CD, Japanese CD? Or another version?
I'm using the US DOS version from GOG and am running it with dosbox on Linux.
Old 2015-06-15, 01:49
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- altiris28048: Then GoG updated theirs to include those barrels.

Well, the barrels are normal. They were actually deliberately introduced to fix an exploit that allowed you to rob the museum before obtaining the red card, therefore stalling the game.
Old 2015-06-16, 08:57

Quote:
- altiris28048: Then GoG updated theirs to include those barrels.

Well, the barrels are normal. They were actually deliberately introduced to fix an exploit that allowed you to rob the museum before obtaining the red card, therefore stalling the game.
That's a bit surprising they actually took the time to do that. I am confused though...I can finish the game with the barrels? I can jump over the barrels by going on the other floor and jumping at an angle. I did that to go down into the sewers and then back up at the prison and push the alarm button...later to find out when I came back up to the museum the barrels were still there and the jet pack wasn't getting me out. How in the world do I get over these? I wall through the front door of the museum?
Old 2015-06-16, 16:07

There is a gap between the barrels you can walk through. You approximately have to go NW then SW then S. You don't actually need the jetpack at this point - it's only required to get over areas with wooden flooring. It's slightly easier to find your way out of the barrels "maze" in Normal movement.
Old 2015-06-18, 21:27
Welcome to Zirla!

- altiris28048: You are supposed to first obtain the red card from that rabbibunny on the same island, and only then go rob the museum. Otherwise, you'll find yourself unable to ever obtain the red card, and therefore unable to finish the game.
Old 2015-06-23, 17:18

Quote:
- altiris28048: You are supposed to first obtain the red card from that rabbibunny on the same island, and only then go rob the museum. Otherwise, you'll find yourself unable to ever obtain the red card, and therefore unable to finish the game.
I had already obtained the red card beforehand so I guess I should be fine?
Old 2015-06-23, 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by serializer View Post
There is a gap between the barrels you can walk through. You approximately have to go NW then SW then S. You don't actually need the jetpack at this point - it's only required to get over areas with wooden flooring. It's slightly easier to find your way out of the barrels "maze" in Normal movement.
Hmm....i will try these hints/instructions and see if I can get through. Thanks!