Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2015-06-14, 05:04
altiris28048 altiris28048 is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14
LBA1 How to get rid of barrels in the museum?

So I have barrels blocking the elevator door in the museum at proxima island. When I look up video tutoriall the barrels are not there and I have actually been following video tutorials but apparently I seem to have missed something because the barrels are there for me. The only thing I haven't done is spoken to that rabbit on the roof that you have to give 4 clovers to as I only have 3 but looking the video the barrels weren't there long before he spoke to the rabbit.


Anyone have any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2015-06-14, 16:41
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,311
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- altiris28048: You must have an updated version of the game then. From what I know, the 1995 floppy version has this change, and the Japanese version has it too. Have yet to see a European or US CD version with it though.

So first, what version of LBA 1 you have? Floppy, EU/US CD, Japanese CD? Or another version?
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2015-06-14, 17:05
altiris28048 altiris28048 is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- altiris28048: You must have an updated version of the game then. From what I know, the 1995 floppy version has this change, and the Japanese version has it too. Have yet to see a European or US CD version with it though.

So first, what version of LBA 1 you have? Floppy, EU/US CD, Japanese CD? Or another version?
I'm using the US DOS version from GOG and am running it with dosbox on Linux.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2015-06-15, 01:49
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,311
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- altiris28048: Then GoG updated theirs to include those barrels.

Well, the barrels are normal. They were actually deliberately introduced to fix an exploit that allowed you to rob the museum before obtaining the red card, therefore stalling the game.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2015-06-16, 08:57
altiris28048 altiris28048 is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- altiris28048: Then GoG updated theirs to include those barrels.

Well, the barrels are normal. They were actually deliberately introduced to fix an exploit that allowed you to rob the museum before obtaining the red card, therefore stalling the game.
That's a bit surprising they actually took the time to do that. I am confused though...I can finish the game with the barrels? I can jump over the barrels by going on the other floor and jumping at an angle. I did that to go down into the sewers and then back up at the prison and push the alarm button...later to find out when I came back up to the museum the barrels were still there and the jet pack wasn't getting me out. How in the world do I get over these? I wall through the front door of the museum?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2015-06-16, 16:07
serializer serializer is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 47
There is a gap between the barrels you can walk through. You approximately have to go NW then SW then S. You don't actually need the jetpack at this point - it's only required to get over areas with wooden flooring. It's slightly easier to find your way out of the barrels "maze" in Normal movement.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2015-06-18, 21:27
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,311
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- altiris28048: You are supposed to first obtain the red card from that rabbibunny on the same island, and only then go rob the museum. Otherwise, you'll find yourself unable to ever obtain the red card, and therefore unable to finish the game.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2015-06-23, 17:18
altiris28048 altiris28048 is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- altiris28048: You are supposed to first obtain the red card from that rabbibunny on the same island, and only then go rob the museum. Otherwise, you'll find yourself unable to ever obtain the red card, and therefore unable to finish the game.
I had already obtained the red card beforehand so I guess I should be fine?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2015-06-23, 17:19
altiris28048 altiris28048 is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by serializer View Post
There is a gap between the barrels you can walk through. You approximately have to go NW then SW then S. You don't actually need the jetpack at this point - it's only required to get over areas with wooden flooring. It's slightly easier to find your way out of the barrels "maze" in Normal movement.
Hmm....i will try these hints/instructions and see if I can get through. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
barrels Odysseus General 26 2008-07-22 09:06
Alarm in museum tomjames First aid 4 2007-10-15 08:00
On top of the Museum Machonus General 57 2003-08-17 17:52
Preferred Museum morshem General 57 2002-06-16 10:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:51.




News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, the Magicball Network