Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2004-07-22, 16:57

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Galemboy, you have some very interesting ideas. The only problem I have though, if it's even a problem at all with what you propose, is that it might not be LBA's style. I often get upset with many fanfics because the stories and styles that are written in them are really different from the original.

Getting LBA's style is extremely hard, as many characters are cheesy and unrealistic. Of course, that's not saying its impossible to do it.

If I was the writter, and this is just an if, I would make the story not revolve around Twinsen or any of the main characters from the game. Simply because I think its over-used. I would also no apply the "take over the world/end of the world" stories, since those are also overused. Neither would I apply the plot of kids getting involved, either by getting brainwashed or being stolen...AGAIN. In fact, I wouldn't even use the idea of an evil tyrant or FF returning, for that matter.

Why not go for something original? Make a new character and a new story, but still have it occur in LBA universe. Maybe have a story that occurs at the same time that Relentless does, but with a different char. Or something to that affect.
Old 2004-07-23, 10:44
Magic Level: Green Ball

I think we should do something with the school of magic. Maybe the old wizard died. Twinsen has to take over the school, but offcourse there will be alot of problems happening on his island.

The only problem i can think of is that we have to model te school of magic, and thats not a giant problem...
Old 2004-07-23, 15:46
View paradise and fall...

i know what you mean about it being dificult to keep to the style of lba, but dont forget that lba doesnt have to be light and fairytale. lba2 was a lot less heavy in terms of storyline, but think of lba1. it was darker and more fun to play. my main weaknes in this is my absolute refusal to put in evil people. mad people, yes. power crazed dictators, yes. sadistic murderers, yes. but nothing without reason. but striking a balence between cliche and this is hard

i probably will rework my idea until its very diferent from the origional (its already miles away from that last post) but for now, by god i wil finish my overly detailed script.

length is an issue. i have a feeling that with the amount ive written that i should be drawing to a close soon, but im not sure. apart from the practical limits of super-size files, i dont know whether things are getting to the point where people will be losing interest

i need to have a good look through some fan fics

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-07-23, 18:18

There's a lot of stories in the forum, not just fanfics. If you tell me what that is your looking for, I can maybe narrow down your search. I know the stories pretty well.
Old 2004-07-23, 22:54

Ill go through anything with a plot that has to do with lba

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-07-24, 00:40
Le Kuck qui rit

I was thinking of a mix of LBA1 and LBA2 when I hearded 'LBAX'. But you are making a whole new game? Interesting! But some jokes in, that would make the game a bit funny. Like you are talking with somebody and a Viking ship is passing by (maybe a new invasion).

Old 2004-07-24, 01:11

Take a look at Atresica's "Vermin in Heaven." Only problem is that its very broad (over 300 pages long). So good luck finding stuff you'll like (though I like just about everything in it ~_-)

**Except that Twinsen is in it**
Old 2004-07-24, 11:27

lol
im a very very fast reader, it wont take me long. of course il have to ask asterisca if i can take ideas for ideas from it

Old 2004-07-24, 21:38
Magician learner

Send a message via ICQ to Meca Pengin Send a message via MSN to Meca Pengin
As Kurck said, do you have any funny thing in your game? ( just yes or no, ok )
In Lba2 those baloos, for example were very funny to be in a park
Old 2004-07-25, 12:52

i hadnt really thought about it before, il be sure to try and include some humor

Old 2004-07-25, 22:17

don't forget sex and violence

teens dig that
Old 2004-07-27, 04:59
Le Kuck qui rit

Lightwing, you couldn't think about something else, could you?

Last edited by Kurck; 2004-07-27 at 21:45.
Old 2004-07-27, 21:19

srry, i can only think of one thing at a time. i cant even walk and think at the same time

Old 2004-07-28, 02:11

On a more serious note, you might want to check out Kieron's Fics.
Old 2004-08-05, 17:15

shall do. im also frantically trying to get a compressed version of what ive done already. othewise it will end up +25 pages and not in large writting.

Old 2004-08-23, 11:53
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Horadrim and I had a chatsession last night about the storyline and if you ask me it could work out pretty okay.
perhaps we can combine these ideas with yours Golemboy (if you'd be so kind to send them to me)?
Idealy we should arrange a time in #lba so us three can work on something.
Old 2004-08-23, 13:24

sure, ill do a super basic not very much thing and mail you with it

Old 2004-08-24, 18:46

right ill mail round the story to you horadrim axx and mad aeon of course. ive slashed is with a novelty size pair of pruning shears, so much stuff isnt even in there anymore.

Old 2004-08-26, 20:59

the edit button has disapeared from that post again; how annoying.
i know horadrim and asterisca have read my stuff, axx got it by accident but axxeleration i sent it to today, gobbles, arent you on the team now? do you want a copy? mad aeon is in an invisable period again, so i might be waiting a while for a reply from him anyway my point is if anyone wants to discus, email is even more annoying than posting. any chance of a messenger thing? i know i have msn, what timeframe are you in tho?

Old 2004-08-26, 22:31
Woof!

Uhm... I kind of didn't recieve any mail...
At least none on my Gmail or hotmail account (Axxeleration@hotmail.com and [email address])
So maybe something went wrong (typo perhaps or an error :/) But could you please send it again?
I'd like to hear it, oh and you could add me on MSN if you like (I use Hotmail for MSN, not Gmail)
Hope to see the story soon
Old 2004-08-27, 17:20

i sent the story to you just befor posting that (i thought) to the axxeleration@hotmail... perhaps it didnt get through tho i wil send it again

Old 2004-08-30, 15:37
You what?!

cool idea. ill be happy to help if anyone wants anything
Old 2004-08-31, 17:08

asterisca, horadrim said that u had ideas, mail em to me or somat, darkflames gonna consider making a private password forum to talk about it soon.
ricochet, please mail or pm me ideas, each one feeds the story, and soon it will be...
DECENT! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

ps thanks for telling me about the download problem on my site. i did design a whole new one that wasnt sucky and was on a decent server, but then i acidently pressed BACKSPACE while not in a text box and all the stuff i made dissapeared. i couldnt be bothered to do it again...

Old 2004-09-01, 10:36
You what?!

lol ok its really good

for the lbax thing... maybe some way you can choose your species?
Old 2004-09-02, 00:15

i think its decided that twinsen will be the main character, for the simple reason that its already programed in and stuff