Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2017-08-19, 20:26
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Glitch of LBA2 that unlocks an alternate end, the bad end.

Did anyone know of this LBA2 bug? It is about unlocking the Final Bad in which the Moon destroys Twinsun using a bug that is activated by placing a Nitro Mecha Penguin just when we are going to activate the end of the game.

Here I leave a video:

I'm sorry I can not put it in the bugs post but I have no permission to write there.
Old 2017-08-19, 23:31
New efforts! :)

Send a message via MSN to Necdilzor
That's really odd. I think the meka penguin is the most evil character in LBA haha
It's very nice that you found out about it, I definitely haven't seen it before.

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2017-08-20, 02:33
Quetching a Mr.

I remember this... Oh man, the memories... You guys seem lost so I'll lighten the subject.

There's another thread I posted around 2012 - 2013, and it dealt with this glitch. The date may be wrong, but I can only remember those years. If I can find the thread I'll link you guys to it.

I found the bug while messing around in the game, and wondered if I could get Twinsen near the zone without him ending the animation. I already knew that LBA2 had some 'ugly' bugs in the game, and I seem to be good at finding some.

Apparently this one worked, you just need Twinsen's health to almost zero, and at least one meca-penguin. You just got to place down the penguin with a small gap of space, and jump in front of it - in time to hit the end zone. Now it sounds like a football game... Ok, we'll call it the trigger. You hit the trigger as you're dead, and that's why we get such a weird response. I'm surprised the game checks for whether you're alive or not, it shouldn't care now that the game has been beaten by the player. Most games simply would not care anymore.

It's interesting that someone finally mentions something I did years ago. Quite cool though. I'm sorry you guys didn't know about it. Yup, very strange bug.

But, people sure got a kick out of it.
Old 2017-08-22, 19:51
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
That is actually really funny
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2017-08-30, 13:30
Azor Ahai

Schrödinger's planet
Old 2017-09-02, 01:36
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy View Post
Schrödinger's planet
I've Googled this... But, what???
Old 2017-09-02, 09:15
lba 4 life

It's the superposition principle; the game is completed and failed a the same time like in Schrödinger's cat paradox where the cat is both alive and dead until someone opens the box.
Old 2017-09-02, 13:10
Azor Ahai

Yep, that's it. Thank you kash!
Old 2017-09-06, 04:22
Quetching a Mr.

Aahh... Ok, I'm obviously not familiar with the concept - see where it's coming from now.
Old 2017-09-10, 17:33
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
I'm surprised the game checks for whether you're alive or not, it shouldn't care now that the game has been beaten by the player. Most games simply would not care anymore.
I think this is because the scene of reunion with Zeelichians is made as a regular Scene, so the engine still works in full, and checks for Twinsen's life amount. To make the game ignore Twinsen's life after certain point, they would have to make some engine hack for just one scene. Or a special script command/game flag. It's obvious noone supposed you could get to that scene with zero life points, so they didn't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
It's interesting that someone finally mentions something I did years ago. Quite cool though. I'm sorry you guys didn't know about it. Yup, very strange bug.
It's interesting someone mentioned my video of it, and asked if MBN knew about it, despite the fact that the video mentions the MBN, and that you have found the bug

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old Yesterday, 19:47

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
This made me laugh out loud at work!

Looks like they had two types of event triggers for the end scene which were independent of each other. The "location" trigger which checks if you've beaten FF and assumes you're alive if you're standing on spot X. And a "zero health bar" trigger, which actually checks your health status before activating a cutscene. However, the bad cutscene plays after "Twinsen falls to the ground" animation finishes, while the good cutscene plays immediately. Hence the order of cutscenes.

Good lesson in programming. You should never have two independent triggers for a single decision point. Still funny though.
Old Today, 00:38
Polly parrot

Nice performance
Old Today, 05:01
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
This made me laugh out loud at work!

Looks like they had two types of event triggers for the end scene which were independent of each other. The "location" trigger which checks if you've beaten FF and assumes you're alive if you're standing on spot X. And a "zero health bar" trigger, which actually checks your health status before activating a cutscene. However, the bad cutscene plays after "Twinsen falls to the ground" animation finishes, while the good cutscene plays immediately. Hence the order of cutscenes.

Good lesson in programming. You should never have two independent triggers for a single decision point. Still funny though.
We know that Fred is a far better programmer than this, but why? It must've been one of the other scripters using his tools. Yeah, it is a very strange problem to have.