Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2009-02-14, 21:51
Magic Level: Red Ball

Whatever the number I put, it still asks me for the CD.

Now, quick fact you might want to know :

1- I'm using a copy of my original CD to avoid scratching it.
But : Before I had my new computer, I could play with my copy on Window XP without any problem. It never asked me for the CD.
Now : I have a new computer and Window Vista.
2- I'm modifying the -usecd X through the shortcut :

Quote:
"C:\[...]\dosbox.exe" -c "mount d E:\ -t cdrom -label TWINSEN -ioctl -usecd 1" -c "mount c C:\lba" -c "C:" -c "cd\lba2" -c "lba2" -c "exit" [...]
Thanks
Old 2009-02-14, 21:55
!!!!!

Alright, so first are you sure you have the Twinsen's Odyssey version? If you have the LBA2 version the label should be "LBA2" and not "TWINSEN".
Old 2009-02-14, 22:03

I was sure I had the Twinsen's Odyssay version.

So I put LBA2 instead of Twinsen and I reached the Main Menu... The quality of the background image wasn't as good as it was when I played it on PC...

So anyway. I was on the main menu, without the music playing (which wasn't normal)... I selected "Start a new game"...

...Before being returned to Dosbox, asking me for LBA2 Cd... So instead, I loaded one of my old savegames... And the game got stuck at the image of Twinsen and Zoé on a CD-rom...

Last edited by Blafards61; 2009-02-14 at 22:46.
Old 2009-02-14, 23:00
!!!!!

Are you sure the game is installed properly? Did you install it through DOSBox?

If nothing works maybe you can try the LBA2 no-cd patch from the "gameburnworld" site (search Google).
Old 2009-02-14, 23:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Are you sure the game is installed properly? Did you install it through DOSBox?

If nothing works maybe you can try the LBA2 no-cd patch from the "gameburnworld" site (search Google).
Yes I did install the game through DosBox...

I visited gameburnworld and the no-Cd patches I found are not compatible with my Windows Version X_X
Old 2009-02-15, 02:37
!!!!!

If they are compatible with DOS then apply them through DOSBox
Old 2009-02-20, 07:14

Okay so I managed to run the no-cd patch... It said one file replaced... So the crack is installed. I couldn't manage to get a screenshot though, It didn't appear on Paint even though I pressed "Paste".
But the game still asks me for the CD! Note this screenshot : Screenshot

"1" : It's the text I get when launching the game. I noticed a "Unable to change to LBA2"...
Then, I see the things we usually see before reaching the main menu (Adeline Software, etc.)

In the game menu, there is no music, which isn't normal.

Then, if I click on "New Game", I get "2".

Last edited by Blafards61; 2009-02-20 at 07:21.
Old 2009-02-20, 07:43
!!!!!

You wrote "mount c c:\lba2". You shouldn't do that, you should move the lba2 folder into a parent directory and mount the parent directory. Besides, -usecd 0 or -usecd 1 makes more sense than -usecd 3.
Old 2009-02-20, 22:39
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I know that there is a fix for this issue, and I remember doing it under Vista home premium x64. I'm going to try to find how I fixed it. Unfortunately, I lost the files I used in my move to win7. I *think* it involved copying a directory or two from the CD, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm trying to get ti two work for me on win7 x64, and since it has the same basic structure as vista, I should be able to get it to work with the same fix.

Edit: I think it involved messing with the settings in Daemon tools that deal with SecuROM and stuff. I'd try it but Daemon tools doesn't work on win7

Last edited by Captain Novolin; 2009-02-20 at 23:05.
Old 2009-06-22, 16:16
First time poster

Twinsen Confused!!!!!!!!!

ok this is really doing my head in now. iv come accross thousands and thousands of ways to play LBA2 on vista and this one worked. only problem i have now is that i keep getting asked to insert cd when the cd (bought from amazon because my original cd was a little to skratched). any ideas how i can fix this??

thanks
Old 2009-06-22, 17:20
!!!!!

Go through this thread, that question has been asked a thousand times.
Old 2009-07-26, 17:19

I tried this but it still wants me to but in the cd :/ (Im talking about LBA2)

Another thing, In the readme file on the cd it says "Twinsen's Odyssey", but at one point in the guide it says: "cd\dos <-- Only type if you have the "Twinsen's Odyssey" version!" But that didn't work for me, so I just skipped it :/

Am I missing something?

Old 2009-07-26, 17:32
!!!!!

Twinsen's Odyssey is the American release of LBA2.
Old 2009-07-26, 18:29

Okay so then this no that one then. I'll just try again.
Old 2009-08-17, 16:59

Thank for the great guide, it really helped. But now LBA2 keeps closing at the light house cut scene and then DOSBox asks for the CD. But it's in the CD Drive. How can I stop this happening?
Old 2009-08-17, 18:18
!!!!!

Apparently there's a site that provides an EXE of LBA2 with the CD check disabled and even FunnyFrog's patch applied. It's a shame we can't post the link here.

reaL Bloody shAme... HQ
Old 2009-08-17, 18:26
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
This site happens to be the top result when googling for "little big adventure", while the MBN is still trailing behind... Who created this site, anyway?
Old 2009-08-22, 00:37

Hey! new guy here who just loves this game, I'm gonna go way of the topic but I'm desperate... I downloaded a .RAR file that doesn't contain the speech files (.VOX) and I mean one of the most classic parts of LBA2/Twinsens odyssey is the sound, though all of my sound works, I wondered if someone can give me a link to download the .VOX files?.. rly PLZ... I love this game and I want the voices!
Old 2009-08-22, 00:52
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi View Post
Hey! new guy here who just loves this game, I'm gonna go way of the topic but I'm desperate... I downloaded a .RAR file that doesn't contain the speech files (.VOX) and I mean one of the most classic parts of LBA2/Twinsens odyssey is the sound, though all of my sound works, I wondered if someone can give me a link to download the .VOX files?.. rly PLZ... I love this game and I want the voices!
Solution: Don't download a rar file.
Instead, go to www.google.com, enter "Little Big Adventure" and go to the first result other than Wikipedia.
Old 2009-08-22, 01:12
Bamboo

Send a message via MSN to Jareth
Say, Flexi. What's the point of typing the same damn thing in two threads? Just one is enough...

Here: http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=14505
Old 2009-08-23, 20:10

Sory guys, I didn't know how alive this site still was, so i figured if i post more than one thread i would have better chances of getting a reply, guess i was wrong.. btw, Kobold tnx alot for the help. I Googl'd LBA instead of "Little Big Adventure", so i didnt find the HQ site, now all my problems are solved.. !All u guys are legends for still bein so passionate about this game!.. tnx again!

Last edited by Flexi; 2009-08-23 at 20:48.
Old 2009-08-25, 21:15

Hey, it's me again.. I figured I'd finish LBA 1 before starting LBA 2.. Everything works on LBA 1 except sometimes when i talk to someone the program just closes without warning followed by a Windows error window (You know, the "Don't send one)... btw, I'm using "XP Pro SP3"
Just wondered if anyone could help with this problem? Would appreciate it..
Old 2009-08-25, 21:17
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi View Post
Hey, it's me again.. I figured I'd finish LBA 1 before starting LBA 2.. Everything works on LBA 1 except sometimes when i talk to someone the program just closes without warning followed by a Windows error window (You know, the "Don't send one)... btw, I'm using "XP Pro SP3"
Just wondered if anyone could help with this problem? Would appreciate it..
Maybe it's a problem with voice or text files. Those files are different for each island, and one of them may be missing.
Does it happen on a certain island or on a certain part of the Hamalayi only?
Old 2009-08-25, 21:37

usually it just happens once and when i run the game again and do the same i have no problems but on citadel island, way in the beginning, at the dox (at the ferry) you have to help a grobo for a ticket in return-after i helped him he wants to talk to me and everytime the game just closes...
Old 2009-08-25, 21:42

tnx for the help. I just took out all the vox files out of the game directory and played that part and put it back afterwards. So, no need to reply... tnx!

Tags
dosbox