Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2017-09-11, 21:59
Quetching a Mr.

You are doing a good job already, thank you!

I really look forward to your next releases.

Can you mind telling me step-by-step what you did for the camera positions in Blender?

If I can get this working, I'll start re-modeling meshes over the boxes and render the scene with textures, materials, and even dynamic lights.
AITD will feel much more believable, but the resolution will still be low.
Old 2017-09-12, 21:16
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

The crash is when reading the camera zones info. It seems to be a bug in FITD. These data are not used for now in the export.

- When importing the collada file in Blender you already have all the cameras.
- Select one and press <ctrl>+<numpad 0> to seen what the camera sees.
- Set the render resolution to 320*240 (or anything else with the same 4/3 ratio).
- Set a background image https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blende...kground_Images
- you can improve camera clipping
Old 2017-09-17, 20:00

Hi!
Here is a new version of the editor: http://jmimu.free.fr/AITD_PakEdit/AI..._win_v0.04.zip
Collada file can be imported to alter hardCols and sceZones (more info in README.md).
Old 2017-09-19, 19:26
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmimu View Post
Hi!
Here is a new version of the editor: http://jmimu.free.fr/AITD_PakEdit/AI..._win_v0.04.zip
Collada file can be imported to alter hardCols and sceZones (more info in README.md).
Awesome to see that you're still on top of it! Man, you just keep pulling through it - you've got devotion.

May I ask what the hardCols and sceZones are? Are those programs you made for the Collada files? Or no?
Old 2017-09-20, 19:04

No, HardCols and SceZones are parts of AITD's rooms.
HardCols are the boxes that represent the obstacles.
SceZones are areas on the floor, like the carpet in the attic, that may represent an event trigger, like a different step sound.
Old 2017-09-28, 02:52
Quetching a Mr.

Still making progress at all? How's it going?
Old 2017-10-04, 08:18

Hi, I'm working on background overlay modification, the last thing needed to be able to add or remove obstacles in rooms.
Old 2017-10-12, 22:12
Quetching a Mr.

Nice work, Tigrou!

Thanks for the extra information. It's nice that you have something to say for every file in the game - helps a lot. Those extra programs are also nice. Do you know if there is a way to export the models from the game to a usable format today like *.3ds or *.obj?

As far as the sounds are concerned, I've only ever heard one play at a single time. Like what you were saying about the priority file, some sounds will play over others if they need to be heard. I've noticed that when fighting an enemy you will hear the slap every time.
Old 2017-10-12, 22:38

@MrQuetch : i don't know what happened to my previous message, it just disappeared. So I re-post it :

I have been working on AITD engine over the last years so I think I can help.

Here is some info about files used in the game (from a note that I wrote previously) :

Quote:
CAMERAXX.PAK : all background camera images (in 320x200 8-bit 256 color). Can be open in photoshop as RAW images.
ENDSEQ.PAK : contains various resources (eg : backgrounds) related to end sequence of the game (after boss is defeated)
ETAGEXX.PAK : room and cameras information. can be open in room viewer.
ENGLISH.PAK : 00000000.dat : english translation for game objects and also user interface/messages
other files are text contained in books.
LISTANIM/LISTANI2.PAK : 3D models skeletal animation (using bones).
LISTBODY/LISTBOD2.PAK : 3D models. Can be open in room viewer.
LISTLIFE.PAK : room scripts
LISTMUS.PAK : music soundtrack (ADL format)
LISTSAMP.PAK : sound samples (8000 Hz 8bit mono VOC files). Can be open in many audio programs like GoldWave.
LISTTRAK.PAK : pre-recorded 2D paths for actors (eg : when player is climbing stairs)
PRESENT.PAK : screenshots of the game shown while it is in attract mode
ITD_RESS.PAK : various GUI/gfx data for the game (eg : menus, fonts, ...)
VARS.ITD/DEFINES.ITD : initial value of internal VARS/CVARS variables used in the game
PRIORITY.ITD : priority of the sound samples. It seems the number of sound samples the game
can play at the same time is limited. Some sound samples have priority over the others.
OBJECTS.ITD : a table with all objects used in the game and their properties (eg : name, room, 3D position, ... )
Some projects you might take a look at :

Free In the Dark (i'm not the original author): you already know about this one. My repository is a fork from somaen. I have made some bugs fixes.

Room viewer : A tool that I made mainly for speedrunning. Among many things, it allows to view room colliders, camera areas and 3D models / animation.

QuickBMS : a tool to extract the PAK files from the game. To use with this script

Last edited by Tigrou; 2017-10-14 at 01:40.
Old 2017-10-14, 04:45
Quetching a Mr.

Still, thank you. That is strange because I remember your post was here before vividly. The fact that you had to repost your message is rather strange.

Tags
aitd, editor, fitd, pak