Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2005-05-22, 22:03
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
'New' rules regarding agression - discussion

[Discussion started in this post] -moderator

'you're gay' is not necessarily an insult! It can be true, and be used as a mere statment! so ha! ><
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2005-11-24 at 12:11.
Old 2005-05-22, 22:05
Magic Ball Master

I'd like to know why Lightwing is able to decide upon new rules for the entire forum when he is only a moderator of the fan fic section.
Old 2005-05-22, 22:12
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Has this been official rules yet or is it just a motion?

I find it strange cause only 2 of 5 mod/adm/keppforumcleanguy have been speaking about it.

I would just like to add i disagree with these rule//motion (that does not mean im gonna be a rebal or whatever) since almost everyone is breaking this rule all the time.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-05-22, 22:16
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmeister
I'd like to know why Lightwing is able to decide upon new rules for the entire forum when he is only a moderator of the fan fic section.
Yes, this is on my mind too.
Old 2005-05-22, 22:50
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Lightwing simply made a suggestion to do something, I agreed with it and I'm carrying it out. Simple as that.
As for the other mods, I'm currently the only active supermod and Darkflame agrees with the rules as well.

These rules will be enforced, no rule breaking.

I personally don't think this is the strangest thing to ask from members here.
Old 2005-05-22, 23:06
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I have a question, what if someone is being gay?
Am I allowed to reveal to the public that the person is being homosexual?

Anyway, I hope everyone is aware that we would not have these annoying new rules if it weren't for obras' stupid whining.

His ruining of this place is now complete, congratulations.

(i know atre and lighwing thought of this independtly, but like atre herself said, she did it because "certain members" were complaning)
Old 2005-05-22, 23:10

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
The fact that we are protesting benevolence towards one anothers shows just how valuable these rules are.

I have spent 7 years on the LBA forums and I know what aggression can do when it gets out of control.
Old 2005-05-22, 23:15
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin

Anyway, I hope everyone is aware that we would not have these annoying new rules if it weren't for obras' stupid whining.

His ruining of this place is now complete, congratulations.

(i know atre and lighwing thought of this independtly, but like atre herself said, she did it because "certain members" were complaning)
Why not? Gay people are fun
Besides that, I think "you're gay" is a totaly irrelevant insult and should actually be responded to with mockery than with a !warned!.

I haven't done this persé because of Obras, although I think the degrading attitude of the forum has been caused (in)directly by his whining.
I just hope there is some way to bring the forum back on its track and since the previous requests for less swearing were ignored all together, I have to put force behind it.

Normally I'd prefer to remind people that the forum is what the members do with it, but I noticed there are too many immature people who haven't grasped the concept of responsebility yet, thus, I'm giving friendly, yet demanding hand.

It all comes down to normal civilised behavior. An occasional 'idiot' should be normally acceptable but I fear even that falls under these rules.
I hope to loosen these rules quickly since this also gives me more to do, but for now we'll just have to see.
Old 2005-05-23, 07:54
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
First of all: THANK YOU, ATRESICA! I LOVE YOU!

Then, the second thing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
If someone IS gay, then there's no problem in revealing it. But there's a problem in doing, what you were continuously doing - saying that I'm gay, although I'm not. Revealing the truth is good, revealing something that isn't true is not good. That's all.
Old 2005-05-23, 08:48
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Btw this thread is so gay. Does that fall into the "Not every form of cussing will be banned. Non-attacking swearings are still fine." or shall I get banned? Just making clear, because these rules can be abused either ><
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2005-05-23, 09:38
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Obrasilo's raping of MBN is now complete.
Old 2005-05-23, 09:38
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba!
Btw this thread is so gay. Does that fall into the "Not every form of cussing will be banned. Non-attacking swearings are still fine." or shall I get banned? Just making clear, because these rules can be abused either ><
Insulting threads is not included in these rules, so you will suffer no consequences for that. ^_^
Old 2005-05-23, 11:06
formerly just angry

Whilst I believe that the rules did not need a revision - I feel these additions are fair and not too heavy handed. We should all have no problems abiding by these rules, and as such we should also leave the policing of the forum to the mods once again. Hopefully this will mean a change for the better for the MBN
Old 2005-05-23, 11:31
Magic Ball Master

Indeed.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-05-23, 11:40
it hurts

imo it's so sad that you have to make a sticky tread about this. People SHOULD be able to think that way themself. But well, as far as I can see, they aren't. That makes me sad
Old 2005-05-23, 11:42
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
First of all: THANK YOU, ATRESICA! I LOVE YOU!
The feeling is NOT mutual. I would nearly break these rules to express my dislike of this reply. The word "hypocrit" comes up in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba
Don't sweat, that's just fine. I'm not going to randomly ban people because of simple swearings or stating an opinion with a swearing. Personal attacks IMO can be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBee
imo it's so sad that you have to make a sticky tread about this. People SHOULD be able to think that way themself. But well, as far as I can see, they aren't. That makes me sad
Same way I feel about this matter
Old 2005-05-23, 12:28
it hurts

It's so sad..
Old 2005-05-23, 12:46
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_
Whilst I believe that the rules did not need a revision - I feel these additions are fair and not too heavy handed. We should all have no problems abiding by these rules, and as such we should also leave the policing of the forum to the mods once again. Hopefully this will mean a change for the better for the MBN
Yeah, I agree with you. We have to make the MBN good again.
Old 2005-05-23, 14:51
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Obras I get the feeling the replies you get to that post ^^^ won't be too good. Personally I don't mind the new rules, as long as I can still swear when I do then tis ok by me.
Old 2005-05-23, 14:51
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
a) I just like to confirm I agree 100% with what Atresica said at the top.

b) Calling things gay is sooo 1999, you bunch of straights!
Old 2005-05-23, 15:40
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Even if these rules aren't well recognized by all members, I am happy that the disciplines here have taken a good stand. Although I can't predict what will happen next, I believe that we can get along better than before... hopefully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobmoblin
Obras I get the feeling the replies you get to that post ^^^ won't be too good. Personally I don't mind the new rules, as long as I can still swear when I do then tis ok by me.
They may add how many negative posts they wish to OBrasilo, he doesn't mind them right now.
Old 2005-05-23, 15:42

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Actually, these rules have existed on the forum for quite some time. We've just placed a higher penalty for breaking them.
Old 2005-05-23, 17:52
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
Yeah, I agree with you. We have to make the MBN good again.
Your gay rules just make us into the military dictatorship you like. Which, for the ordinary member is BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atre
I haven't done this persé because of Obras, although I think the degrading attitude of the forum has been caused (in)directly by his whining.
This is just like when you let a child have something because it whines, it lwanrs to whine on people to get stuff, what it needs is a good smacking ^^

Last edited by Aule; 2005-05-23 at 18:09.
Old 2005-05-23, 18:11
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aule
Your gay rules just make us into the military dictatorship you like. Which, for the ordinary member is BAD

This is just like when you let a child have something because it whines, it lwanrs to whine on people to get stuff, what it needs is a good smacking ^^
You misunderstood me, I don't care a bit what Obras wanted, I merely saw that the forum had become a lot more agressive, partial caused by Obras whining.
Old 2005-05-23, 18:16
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Yes, but you still encourage him to whine, by doing this.