Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-10-29, 14:30
Registered Hunk

your imagination could serve a purpose if you didn't spilled it all in this forum..
Old 2005-10-29, 16:31
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Vral: That's right. But I have to contribute to the MBN since I'm a member of it.
Old 2005-10-29, 16:38
LBA fan

Anyway, your friend is either lying or misinformed.
Old 2005-10-29, 16:56
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Medur: OK, that's possible. Probably he saw this demo and he thinks it's the pre-beta/preview version while in fact it isn't.
Old 2005-11-08, 22:49
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via AIM to StarmanDX Send a message via MSN to StarmanDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur
Anyway, the demo was fun, though not really representative of the game; you were able to run around Citadel and everytime you entered a house you'd be teleported to a different scenario. The atmosphere was enough to get me into it. I soon ordered the full game. This is probably the same demo available from teh intarwebs, I don't know. If you think it's a rare version I can try to dig through my old CD mountain and find it.
I remember that. The first segment was Citadel Island in the rain, the second was the Building Company, and the third was that cave where you get the lightning spell (What's the island called? I can't remember.)
Old 2005-11-08, 23:05
Idyllic + whimsical

"The island across the hacienda"
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2005-11-08, 23:12
weee

Welcome back StardudeXD!
Old 2005-11-08, 23:21
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
- Pandy: Just like Bhish told you once - just because you never saw something, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And as Illumina said now - we can't say that the LBA 2 preview version doesn't exist because we have no proof on either side. Anyway, the LBA 1 preview version was released publicly (and it's even available for download from the MBN, called the "LBA 1 demo"), so I see no reason why the LBA 2 preview version couldn't have been released either.
Yes it does, as far as I'm concerned. Regarding this matter, at least. Bhish is a knobber anyway.

There is no proof suggesting a preview version!

A demo is not a preview version. IT'S A DEMO; A short playable part or parts of the game!

Do you see?!

Last edited by Panda; 2005-11-09 at 21:57.
Old 2005-11-16, 19:33
Welcome to Zirla!

- Pandy: And where did I state that a demo is the same thing as a preview version?

What I stated was merely that what is called the "LBA 1 demo" on the MBN site, is in fact the LBA 1 Preview version. And if you don't believe me, download that "LBA 1 demo" and check its README.TXT file.
The fact that this preview version has the same 4 scenes as the later-released demo, which I do have and it is quite different from the version on the MBN, if you check the files - it has the regular TEXT.HQR instead of those DIA, etc. files and it doesn't have any rare movies, but it still only has the same 4 scenes that the preview version, which the MBN site calls "LBA 1 demo" has. But that's the only same thing about the two versions, apart from the game that they're versions of.

And anyway, it was El_Muerte himself who stated on the MBN site, that the LBA 1 preview version is the "LBA 1 demo", probably merely because it has the same 4 scenes as the demo has. But if you check the files, you can see that instead of the TEXT.HQR archive, there are various table and dialogue files around, and for English, French and German only, while the demo also has Spanish and Italian.

And the key proof that the version from the MBN site is a preview version is the README.TXT file. Not only it clearly says "Freeware preview version", but it also says stuff, like "magic will be implemented later", etc., which clearly shows that it is a preview version - most of the stuff hasn't even been implemented yet.

So there is a LBA 1 preview version released and thus also a LBA 2 maybe.

And then, don't tell me that there were no pre-final versions of LBA 2 released. Heck, I have an April 1997 version, which is the Release Candidate 1 (called a "pre-release version" in the README.TXT file), and it is a bit different from the final version (not as much as the version those weird screenshots come from, but still, it has a shorter intro, Franco policemen with various hats and a gun (I can send you the models if you want) instead of the Franco guards with spikes, etc.). And I even posted a .TXT file with the contents of its CD some months ago in a thread I made (about the CD contents) in General.

So, who's right now and who's wrong?
Old 2005-11-16, 22:18
Still in a dream...

Okay, I'm not going to argue with you, you fucking lunatic. You win.
Old 2005-11-17, 20:34
Welcome to Zirla!

Pandy,please...

There's no need for getting worked up.

I'm saying this because generally, that behaviour earns a kick-out.

Okay? Peace, please.

But however, if you're going to have a quarrel and don't want to abide by a truce... take care of it in Private Messaging. If PM'ing isn't a viable option, then please find other means of doing so.
Old 2005-11-17, 21:10
Still in a dream...

Okay Mummy.
Old 2005-11-18, 13:55
Welcome to Zirla!

OK, now I'm pissed off.

You're continuously insulting me and you have no reasons for doing it. Can you please stop it?
I mean, can't you post one freaking serious reply?

Just because I freaking don't agree with you, this doesn't give you the right to insult me.

I already said in the first post of this thread: feel free to disagree with me. But this does not mean "feel free to flame and insult me".

So, be a man and stop behaving like a 12-year-old girl. Because that's how you're behaving.

And anyway, if you were my son, you would know what respect is.

Seriously, if you don't loose your attitude, I'll put you on ignore very soon. Then feel free to flame and insult me.
Old 2005-11-18, 18:51
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
OBrasilo> I think he was fishing up your reaction and probably succeeded. Remember what I once said: Limit your actions sometimes.
Either do it here, or keep doing it in PM like you told Pandy to. Wanna discuss with me about it? PM me.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-11-18, 19:00
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: Check your PM's.
Old 2005-11-18, 19:42
Idyllic + whimsical

Old 2005-11-18, 23:53
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K
How intelligently sarcastic! You are above us all.
Old 2005-11-19, 00:04
LBA fan

Hehe.
Old 2005-11-19, 03:59
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Somehow I had a feeling this thread would turn out this way..

So anyway, do we agree that there is no lba2 preview version? (please?)
Old 2005-11-19, 04:01
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
How intelligently sarcastic! You are above us all.
How incredibly meaningless and pointlessly provoking, you sure are looking for another argument.
Great job, "mod".
Old 2005-11-19, 04:12

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I hate it how crude-sarcasm has become popular around MBN. Now-a-days, everyone's trying to use it. Reminds me of those days when all the kids used "gay" as a slang for "stupid."
Old 2005-11-19, 04:19
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Somehow I had a feeling this thread would turn out this way..

So anyway, do we agree that there is no lba2 preview version? (please?)
OK, yes, let's say we agree on that (however, I'll further discuss this thing on my forum).
Old 2005-11-19, 11:08
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
No need for threats!

Anyway, hurrah, anohter important mystery has been solved.
Old 2005-11-19, 12:00
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
I hate it how crude-sarcasm has become popular around MBN. Now-a-days, everyone's trying to use it. Reminds me of those days when all the kids used "gay" as a slang for "stupid."
I agree. All this sarcasm everywhere makes the MBN a less pleasant place to be.
I was provoking to make a point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K
Great job, "mod".
Would it be too reckless to say this kind of comments is lame? I'm sick and tired of being accused of not acting like a good moderator. I'm a member just like you, just because you're not a moderator doesn't makes it any more right for you to insult people.
Old 2005-11-19, 13:56
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
Aren't we also tired of people keeping saying "OMGz I TeH R0XORZ YOU TeH SuX0RS" stuff like that?
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend

Last edited by Illumina; 2005-11-19 at 14:03.
Closed Thread