Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Art
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Art The place for your drawing, and images

Old 2013-06-05, 17:10
the legend

SGK's Homage to the Pistolaser!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been patiently working on this for quite some time. At last, it is done.

I present thee a portrayal of the magnificent, the one-and-only, Pistolaser of Zarnon. But not only that, the character who's wielding it is perhaps one of the most overlooked from LBA 2: the wannie dissident, whose back is the only visible thing in-game.

Enjoy.

Spoiler:

And here are some reference images:

Spoiler:

PS: If you hover the image over a background, you'll notice that the crystal is transparent!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MakingOf.jpg‎
Views:	326
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	9696  

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:28
Previously Link

Great!

I love the way you extrapolated from the low-detail models of the game, while preserving the same style. The result remains quite LBAish!

You have to keep doing more of this!

That makes me think: what's exactly the use for the crystal in the pistol, I mean, how does it work? How do you get something throwable out of a hard block of matter?
Old 2013-06-05, 17:40
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
That makes me think: what's exactly the use for the crystal in the pistol, I mean, how does it work? How do you get something throwable out of a hard block of matter?
I dunno, but apparently crystals and such are used in lasers within our current technology, use the word find function to highlight the word "crystal" here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser .
Old 2013-06-05, 18:08
Magic Ball Master

What?

Nice work, SGK!... uhm ... SGT?
Old 2013-06-05, 18:10
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Quote:
WTF? Is it because you hate the pistolaser, or you have a policy to only praise Zee's art?
the former.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:18
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Twinsan, I've reported your post. It is utterly useless and uncalled for.

I don't know if you are calling my drawing a pile of shit, in which case you should look at your own "drawings" first. If you are referring to my post where I said crystals are possibly used in lasers, that's also irrelevant because I'm just providing an offtopic, secondary subject for speculation and you should take some time to comment on the drawing instead - also use the quote function so people know what you're talking about.

Whichever is the case, it is plain rude, and you're just being an ass, so please just GTFO and let others enjoy my art, thanks.
My drawings are shit, they are indeed rather poor, but in this case I was referring to the pistol laser.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:19
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsan View Post
My drawings are shit, they are indeed rather poor, but in this case I was referring to the pistol laser.
Yeah well but this is not a popularity contest about the pistol, just comment on the wannie then, try to find something you love, not hate.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:23
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Yeah well but this is not a popularity contest about the pistol, just comment on the wannie then, try to find something you love, not hate.
One is sorry, I am in a neutral state of mind, it's hard to explain, but because I am in a state of mind I am experiencing no emotions, but act out on the emotions of others. So for some reason or another, I have been acting out real aggressive like towards everyone for no real reason. Unfortunately it means someone I know is feeling this way and i find myself acting out on it.

I will take my punishment and I apologies for acting out.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:58
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsan View Post
One is sorry, I am in a neutral state of mind, it's hard to explain, but because I am in a state of mind I am experiencing no emotions, but act out on the emotions of others. So for some reason or another, I have been acting out real aggressive like towards everyone for no real reason. Unfortunately it means someone I know is feeling this way and i find myself acting out on it.

I will take my punishment and I apologies for acting out.
Ok, fine, apologies accepted.

Now I just have to wait a mod to come to clean these posts up...
Old 2013-06-05, 19:03
Panta rei

Ok, if I could draw I'd make a counterpart drawing for the sabre, but I gotta say I really like your drawing. And tbh in real life i would choose that kick ass pistol and fire some green bullets of awesome
Old 2013-06-05, 19:07
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
great work, SGK.
Old 2013-06-05, 19:24
<3 MP

You have a very unique style to your art. Me likes
Old 2013-06-05, 19:25
Polly parrot

I like how the two are mashed together, the CGI-looking pistol and the handdrawing of the wannie, the whole still being of the same tone.

Oh, and that wannie has teeth like that ?! We only see him from behind, he has such a low voice, and it turns out he looks so childish
Old 2013-06-05, 19:47
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Oh, and that wannie has teeth like that ?! We only see him from behind, he has such a low voice, and it turns out he looks so childish
Prior to making this illustration I've studied several wannies. This kind of teeth is inerent to everyone of this species, and therefore not something associated with looking childish.

Ofcourse, making it vegetarian-like teeth instead of canine fangs was my choice, based on the fact they eat things like firefly tarts and cakes (at the end of game).

Old 2013-06-05, 20:36
New efforts! :)

Hey awesome drawing SGK! I'm impressed. That's the best drawing about the pistolaser. I like the fact that you choose to draw a wannie instead of Twinsen.

To be honest, I was expecting one of your magical GIFs

Now I imagine Solid Snake wielding the pistolaser... totally unrelated.

This is no piece of crap. Original and awesome

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2013-06-05, 20:59
Magic Ball Master

Wow great work man! This looks realy awesome! Are you planning on drawing other things later on?
Old 2013-06-05, 21:27
weee

Holy shit, that's fantastic!! If there are gonna be Wannies in LBA3 Fred should see this asap. Or has he already?
Old 2013-06-05, 21:36
the legend

By the powers of Sendell, it's fishos!
What an honour to have you emerge from the deep waters of the mediterranean sea to post here!
Thanks. And nope, I think Fred still haven't seen.

Old 2013-06-05, 21:40
weee

YES!

Fred should totally see this, he'll hire you instantly.
Old 2013-06-06, 11:10
Previously Link

So, what brings you back Fishos?
SGK: What technique did you use for this?
Old 2013-06-07, 04:21
the legend

Thanks e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e!
All comments are appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Nice work, SGK!... uhm ... SGT?
SGK or SG are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necdilzor
I like the fact that you choose to draw a wannie instead of Twinsen.
Yep, that was precisely the point: to draw something that noone has ever drawn before! There are enough Twinsen's and magic balls I think. Let the unknown, the underrated, the overlooked, the minorities of LBA rise, I say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Are you planning on drawing other things later on?
Not so soon.

But if anyone has suggestions or ideas of other unusual LBA characters and items that never get any attention for me to draw, they're welcome.

Quote:
What technique did you use for this?
It's a blend of several techniques.

A mechanical pencil for the first sketches and structure, then watercolour pencils for the coloring; In the computer I create a hand-drawn vector mesh for the pistol structure based upon the original 3D model (thanks Battler for helping in adapting yaz0r's model viewer to view objects!), which is later digitally painted together with the scanned image, and then after all pieces are combined there's a series of minor corrections to make, as well as using several layers to add more details, pasting up of textures, and finally, to have that magic fusion and polish up I add some final touches (which are secret, haha).

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2013-06-07 at 04:29.
Old 2013-07-10, 15:30
Magic Level: Red Ball

I like the way you did your colors. Was it all made with Photoshop?
Old 2013-07-10, 17:03
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Absolutely Awesome Stuff!
Old 2013-07-11, 21:01
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitiflake View Post
I like the way you did your colors. Was it all made with Photoshop?
Hmm... no. Watercolour pencils primarily then after scanned retouches in Corel software.

Old 2013-07-12, 12:17
Magic Level: Red Ball

Ok, I got it all wrong then
Nice result anyway !