Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-02-09, 00:41
Quetching a Mr.

Twinsun Is Alone in the Dark Played as Much as LBA 1 or 2?

I am not sure if this matters to most of you. I am very curious as to know from all of your points of views. Tell me. Does anyone else on the MBN play as much Alone in the Dark as they do LBA 1 or 2? To be honest, I like all of the games Fred made in the 90's. For Examples: Alone in the Dark, LBA 1, Time Commando, LBA 2. Not that this really matters. I am just pointing this out and clarifying.
Old 2013-02-09, 00:55
Le Kuck qui rit

I never played the other games, so for me it is no.

Old 2013-02-09, 01:27
<3 MP

Same as Kurck.
Old 2013-02-09, 17:42
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Yes.
I've played Alone in the Dark and Time Commando.
As well as Popcorn, THI, bOxOn, 10 000 Chests, and hmm... haven't I forgotten about something? Ah, The Followers!
I'd like to try Toy Commander and Toy Racer too, but well, lack of device.
i was sunder the impression AitD was not only played more but was more well known than lba 1/2 by most people.
Old 2013-02-09, 18:26
Magic Ball Master

Honestly, the LBA series are the only ones I wanted to play. I've watched some Time Commando let's plays and it doesn't seem like something I'd be interested. The others...I think I tried to get Popcorn to run on my PC but it didn't work, so I gave up.

I was pretty stoked about Trium Planeta, still kind of pissed that never made it off the ground.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:02
Quetching a Mr.

I didn't think about that. Alone in the Dark does seem a lot more popular then LBA 1 and 2. I guess that is only because how far other people were inspired by the first Alone in the Dark and to what games were created after it. For Example: Resident Evil. That was and is a game that is far more popular than Alone in the Dark was or is.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:03
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
Same as Kurck.
I realized that your Username has changed. Why is that? Not that it matters. I remember that you used to be Zeelichian.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:31
Polly parrot

Quote:
Yes.
I've played Alone in the Dark and Time Commando.
As well as Popcorn, THI, bOxOn, 10 000 Chests, and hmm... haven't I forgotten about something? Ah, The Followers!
I'd like to try Toy Commander and Toy Racer too, but well, lack of device.
Try running them on an emulator, I recommend nullDC. And you haven't tried Soul Bubbles ? Big mistake, trust me
Old 2013-02-10, 00:32
Le Kuck qui rit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
I realized that your Username has changed. Why is that? Not that it matters. I remember that you used to be Zeelichian.
Women like to confuse men, especially Zee

Last edited by Kurck; 2013-02-10 at 10:27.
Old 2013-02-10, 15:21
Polly parrot

Emulators !!!
Old 2013-02-11, 00:52
the legend

I have enjoyed countless hours on Time Commando (fantastic game if anyone's wondering), got really scared and lost but at the end had a big smile after many and many hours with Alone In The Dark but nothing could ever beat the company LBA's have provided me for timeless moments I would never dare to even try to measure how long.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-02-11, 00:54
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Emulators !!!
If I remember well Link's advice, the whole fun of playing Soul Bubbles is, in fact, using the console's touch screen and not the mouse.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-02-11, 01:49
this's longer than allowe

Just LBA, and by coincidence. Never thought of playing any other game.

Who would have known I was gonna fall in love with the LBA world and experience.
Old 2013-02-11, 01:59
the legend

Quote:
For me it's a bit too action-centered. But I've enjoyed it anyways.
That is true... but after playing it to the end the first time, I've played it several times using cheat codes to get past the enemies easily (and have fun with rare weapons!) so I could be free to explore the beautiful scenarios.

Old 2013-02-11, 02:11
the legend

Oh, I've played TC before LBA2, so it was really surprising to see his cameo appearance.

Me and my bro were like "REALLLY????" and loved LBA a little bit more for pleasant surprises like this.

Old 2013-02-11, 14:35
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
I have played AiTD when I didn't know that it was from Raynal...
I guess it's more famous than LBA but less played. (because it's a game that you can complete 1 hour)
Old 2013-02-11, 17:38
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
I have played AiTD when I didn't know that it was from Raynal...
I guess it's more famous than LBA but less played. (because it's a game that you can complete 1 hour)
That is very true. Most old games can be completed and finished very quickly nowadays. I have been able to beat Alone in the Dark in 45 minutes. I bet if I tried harder, and timed myself, I could beat it in a half hour. I highly doubt that. Maybe it is possible, though. I might try that sometime. On the other hand, LBA 2 can take days to figure out without walkthroughs.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:55
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsan View Post
i was sunder the impression AitD was not only played more but was more well known than lba 1/2 by most people.
Well considering this is a LBA forum.. chances are pretty high that LBA has been played by more people here than AitD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
I remember that I used to be Zeelichian too. But I don't have an answer to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurck View Post
Women like to confuse men, especially Zee
Its a favorite past time of mine.

Tags
commando, dark, lba, time