Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2014-03-21, 21:55
ffffff

Exclamation [IMPORTANT] post in this thread as soon as you see this topic.

i just want to see who's still actually here. it's depressing how it's so dead around here.

it's where i grew up y'all. man i joined on my 14th birthday.

itt explain why you still actually come to the forums despite it being a dead forums about a game decades old and no hope for any sequels.
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2014-03-21, 21:58
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
that's a good question actually.

i can't explain it but remembering all the stuff that went on here/in #lba over the years makes me extremely nostalgic.
Old 2014-03-21, 22:00
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
that's a good question actually.

i can't explain it but remembering all the stuff that went on here/in #lba over the years makes me extremely nostalgic.
yeah. i mean even though #lba has been a completely separate entity for years now, for some reason i still occasionally pop back here.

Quote:
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2014-03-21, 22:04
LOLwut?

OGM! This forum is dying!

/neverendingdiscussiontopic

Compared to some really rough years, this one is fine. There's LBA for cellphones coming up and probably a good bunch of Obrasilio's clones too :P

Old 2014-03-21, 22:07
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post

Compared to some really rough years, this one is fine.
tbh i'm curious as to which years you have in mind.
Old 2014-03-21, 22:13
LOLwut?

Quote:
tbh i'm curious as to which years you have in mind.
Haven't been around as much as you guys, but after 2006's excitement bubble (When Fred Raynal got knighted and you had that awesome chat with him and stuff) things slowed down a lot, until they got LBA online running and the fake LBA film and all that funny stuff.

I mean, of course, when it comes to actual LBA related news.

At least last year and this one we've seen a resurgence of Fan-art, the Adeline team seems to be getting in contact with each other again, etc.

I don't know, I just came back after some 6 to 9 months away

The only dude that seems to be seriously missing as of lately is Double-J

Old 2014-03-21, 22:15
Party animal

oh. i think elliptic was talking mainly about general activity though.
Old 2014-03-21, 22:19
LOLwut?

Quote:
oh. i think elliptic was talking mainly about general activity though.
I know!

But I thought all those peaks of general LBA news revitalized this place a bit, since we had newcomers coming in as well as long time regulars.

And this cellphone thingy should help a little bit, I guess.

Edit: When I left last year, it was pretty funny with people like Ratchet and Polaris and all the old dudes as well.

Old 2014-03-21, 23:00
ffffff

i'm pretty sure polaris is still here, and possibly one of the only few newer members that doesn't have me on their ignore list.

not to be a conspiracy keanu but this possibly might have to do with a few members with resentment against me getting together to inform people that i am literally hitler and generally bitching about me and reek.

i don't really understand the point of people putting others on ignore lists though. why not just, i don't know, not respond to posts you don't like?

edit: i think ratchet died in a car crash

edit 2
: reek is right, what i was kind of referring to was the community on a whole. this place used to be a great hang-out spot in its heyday - just enough people to get real conversation going yet it was still a small enough community that you knew everyone and it was kind of like being in a neat little club. and #lba is still like that now. hell, i've probably met more mbners than most of the people here who consider themselves "true lba fans". the social aspect is the thing i miss the most about this place.

Quote:
Quote:
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013

Last edited by A_LIPSTICK; 2014-03-21 at 23:06.
Old 2014-03-21, 23:05
Party animal

wow, that reminds me. i remember a year ago or so twinsan told me he doesn't trust me. he said he's been warned against me or something. some guy told him some bullshit story about me sending nudes of myself to another member or something. he said he didn't remember who told him this but that it might have been darkflame or link.

while we're on the subject, i wonder if the guy in question has the balls to come forward (it's not like i can do anything to him since this is the internet)
Old 2014-03-21, 23:07
ffffff

HAHAHA THAT WAS ME BITCH

in all seriousness i'm genuinely curious about that too

Quote:
Quote:
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
Old 2014-03-21, 23:58
Magic Level: Green Ball

I got here when I thought of the idea to make LBA in Minecraft and now I look around here every now and then to be a part of the discussions.
Old 2014-03-22, 00:20
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

I'm here because it's a habit for me, but I rarely do anything. Tough habit to break I guess. This place isn't what it used to be.
And gave it a name, so then it wasn't mine
Old 2014-03-22, 02:02
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post
I know!

But I thought all those peaks of general LBA news revitalized this place a bit, since we had newcomers coming in as well as long time regulars.

And this cellphone thingy should help a little bit, I guess.
²^

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_LIPSTICK View Post
i'm pretty sure polaris is still here, and possibly one of the only few newer members that doesn't have me on their ignore list.

not to be a conspiracy keanu but this possibly might have to do with a few members with resentment against me getting together to inform people that i am literally hitler and generally bitching about me and reek.

i don't really understand the point of people putting others on ignore lists though. why not just, i don't know, not respond to posts you don't like?

edit: i think ratchet died in a car crash

edit 2
: reek is right, what i was kind of referring to was the community on a whole. this place used to be a great hang-out spot in its heyday - just enough people to get real conversation going yet it was still a small enough community that you knew everyone and it was kind of like being in a neat little club. and #lba is still like that now. hell, i've probably met more mbners than most of the people here who consider themselves "true lba fans". the social aspect is the thing i miss the most about this place.
Polaris is still here, I checked his profile a few days ago and it was saying he had logged recently. He is just not answering the threads :P

I don't see the point on ignoring you either. I was told you were a bitch when I joined the forums, and my first impression of ya wasn't good either, but you just have to know the person a little more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
I'm here because it's a habit for me, but I rarely do anything. Tough habit to break I guess. This place isn't what it used to be.
I'm here because of LBA, and because of you guys. This community just became part of my life... Its fun to share my thoughts and opinions with you all, and have all the fun we have. We may have our problems here and there, but the community is awesome in a whole
Old 2014-03-22, 08:13
Le Kuck qui rit

I am still visiting these forums daily, but didn't bother to log in or post.

Old 2014-03-22, 13:50
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Polaris is still here, I checked his profile a few days ago and it was saying he had logged recently. He is just not answering the threads :P
I am always here, but there hasn't been much to talk about lately
Why we keep coming back is certainly an interesting question... I could say I love everything that can serve as an excuse for not studying
Or I don't know... The fact that we all felt well being here at some point... Far from saying that I consider this place a second home, I certainly like dropping in every couple days...

Double-J kinda left about a year ago, maybe more now... He said he had things to do, and hasn't checked back since

Quote:
"Newer" 2007... time flies...

Quote:
edit:
Quote:
i think ratchet died in a car crash
WHAT ????!!!! Wha... What ? Why do you think that ? Did she really ?!
Old 2014-03-22, 18:08
this's longer than allowe

It would be fun to make a thread about what peopole who havent logged in in a while might be doing right now.

And I only check the forums to see if theres any news about LBA.
Old 2014-03-22, 20:52
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
I was told you were a bitch when I joined the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
WHAT ????!!!! Wha... What ? Why do you think that ? Did she really ?!
naa, it's an #lba meme

edit: wow we have quite a few posters in here.

Quote:
Quote:
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
Old 2014-03-22, 21:12
Polly parrot

Oh... you had me worried here
Old 2014-03-23, 00:33
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurck View Post
I am still visiting these forums daily, but didn't bother to log in or post.
Second that.
Reading the new posts is still on my "News-reading"-List everyday. Though I mostly don't find time or necessity to post anything
Old 2014-03-23, 02:06
Previously Link

I like this place. It's dead, maybe, I guess, even DF doesn't post so much lately... Still, I keep an eye on it... And A_LIPSTICK still has me in her sig... Mhh... I wish you could remove that already hey STC, mkay?
Anyway, no matter how inactive this forum has become, I don't think there's any other forum like that one on the whole interwebz! I must say, it had a big impact on me life, as much as the games which caused the forum to exist in the first place.
Old 2014-03-23, 02:29
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Hi dudes. Yeah, I still visit pretty often. I have been working a lot recently, so I don't do it on daily basis, but when I turn on my pc I've got that habit to go and check, and every time I'm like "what? still dead?". I remember dead moments in the past, but I don't think they used to be so long. I thought that the upcoming LBA release for iOs and Android was going to spice things up a little, but apparently everyone got bored here. Seems like nobody has got new ideas to resurrect the forums. It's a pity, considering how "old" most of us are, and how long we know each other. It seems the MBN started dying since Double J left, and I can't believe I'm saying this, since Anakin and lipstick stopped being trolls.
Seems like we folks not only got bored of talking about a videogame from 20 years ago, but we can't find anything else to talk about here on the MBN.
Old 2014-03-23, 05:26
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streg View Post
Seems like we folks not only got bored of talking about a videogame from 20 years ago, but we can't find anything else to talk about here on the MBN.
Maybe its not that we got bored to talk about it, its just that we talked about almost everything regarding it. There is just no more subject to discuss
Old 2014-03-23, 10:50
Polly parrot

We must create some !

Well, "must", I mean if we want to
Old 2014-03-23, 17:56
New efforts! :)

I check the forums everyday but I don't have the necessity to post in a thread most of the time. It's sad that we're going inactive since this is a forum that means a lot to me personally and as some of you have stated, it's also important for you

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!