Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2003-06-21, 11:14
On top of the Well

In the film, but too young to see the premier?

ive always wondered, if you're a kid actor and your in a film thats 15 or 18 and your 8 years old (like Natalie Portman in Leon) are you alowed to go the premier?
i would of said no, but if anyone else can shed light on this or correct me, i would be grateful
Old 2003-06-21, 11:16
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Shirley Temple (typo)... can't remember movie name... she wasn't allowed to go watch the movie, because she was too young.
Old 2003-06-21, 11:23
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I don't know. but i think she shouldn't, i mean, she ain't different from any other kid...
Old 2003-06-21, 12:47
Magic Level: Fire Ball

if they are older they can always say: hey that's me !
Old 2003-06-21, 12:50
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Well maybe not in regular Cinemas and such, but when you finish to make a movie there is always a pre-pre-premier where all the actors, the producer and all the gang watch their creation.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2003-06-21, 13:19
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
I don't know, age limits aren't really to say "no, it's forbidden for you to go" but more of a warning these days (I've never been stopped from renting something or going to a movie that had a higher age limit than I was)

and well, since they actually were at the movie's making, they know it's all fake, and that's one of the reasons why there are age limits (younger children have difficulty with seeing what's fake and what isn't)
Old 2003-06-21, 14:41
Magic Ball Master

In USA, the only rating where minors (under 17, although law says a minor is 18 ) is NC-17, which is very rare (GF III almost was a NC-17 movie because of Calo killing Don Lucchese in the end). For any other types of movies, such as G, PG, PG-13, those can be viewed freely by anyone. For R rated movies, anyone under 17 MUST be accompanied by someone 17 or older or they can't get in.
Old 2003-06-21, 16:25

I think sometimes this is really strange a couple months ago my little brother ( who is 15) wanted to see ali G, but they didn't let him in.
Just a few weeks ago we went to the cinema and saw the matrix, who was 16 and over. BUt in front of us where a lot of childeren from a age of 12 or something. At some places they really seem not to care about it at all, and sometimes they do.

Anyway those childeren where sooo anoying, screaming, running everywhere, trowing candy everywhere. really it was horrible. Not that the matrix is that scary or something but those kids really where not following anything from the movie, so i guess at that point they are really right with those rules.

but anyway the matrix was great
Old 2003-06-21, 16:32
Magic Ball Master

"Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty woids!"
Old 2003-06-21, 21:45
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally posted by The_EVIL_AngeL
Anyway those childeren where sooo anoying, screaming, running everywhere, trowing candy everywhere. really it was horrible. Not that the matrix is that scary or something but those kids really where not following anything from the movie, so i guess at that point they are really right with those rules.
Dammit! At you too? Fortunately they threatened to kick them out if they didn't settle down.

Jeesh, I hate kids like that
Old 2003-06-21, 21:46

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
ACtually, MPAA isokay with any type of level of violence.

As long as its not nudity or gambeling content, they're alright with you watching it ~_-
Old 2003-06-21, 21:48

Quote:
Originally posted by Atresica
Dammit! At you too? Fortunately they threatened to kick them out if they didn't settle down.

Jeesh, I hate kids like that
yess they are really anoying, afther an hour or so they left because probably they mom told them to be home before 21:00
Old 2003-06-22, 17:02

Send a message via ICQ to Xakep_INC
Hehe. Acting in a movie and not being allowed to see it sucks!!!
Old 2003-06-22, 21:06
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
They almost certain could see it because the age rating dosnt get put on the film to the very last minute.
They wouldnt yet know they wernt supposed to see it!

Quote:
so i guess at that point they are really right with those rules
Not really, people aged 16-25 can be just as bad in some cinemas.