Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-01-05, 15:47
Magic Ball Master

Request:

Zink, can you make an option for Configurations tool, that when we open an Image using the Tool program he will automatically send for the program the pal (if next entrie)?
LBA Screen Viewer works now with Configuration Tool, but he just open the image without the palette. It's possible to do? or we can do it adding some parameter to the image editor thing?

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-01-05, 16:23
Master of Degree

The command "Extract to temp directory" was meant to make such things easier: you open a lim with a tool, then you extract the appropriate pal file to temp directory, and load it in the image program (which should have the same default directory as the one where that image was).

But now I have better idea (or at least I think it's better). I will make an option to open two or more entries (that will be selected at the moment) with one tool, so the tool will have to handle two files given by the command-line parameters.

You can do the files handling just like the one file (as I told you by ParamCount and ParamStr functions), but you have to check if there was more than one file given (ParamCount = 2), and get them with ParamStr(1) and ParamStr(2). Then you have to determine which one of them is the image and which is the palette by their extensions.
Old 2005-01-05, 16:38
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
The command "Extract to temp directory" was meant to make such things easier: you open a lim with a tool, then you extract the appropriate pal file to temp directory, and load it in the image program (which should have the same default directory as the one where that image was).
Ah... Ok. I added to Screen Viewer the directory where the file was open, its now easy to load the palette.

Quote:
But now I have better idea (or at least I think it's better). I will make an option to open two or more entries (that will be selected at the moment) with one tool, so the tool will have to handle two files given by the command-line parameters.
Yes, its better. I thought you had this option but today when I try select the pal and lim he didn't show any Tool.

Quote:
You can do the files handling just like the one file (as I told you by ParamCount and ParamStr functions), but you have to check if there was more than one file given (ParamCount = 2), and get them with ParamStr(1) and ParamStr(2). Then you have to determine which one of them is the image and which is the palette by their extensions.
Already made it.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2005-01-12, 22:38
Magic Ball Master

Another Request:
Can you put add *.pcx extension for the file LBA_PCX.HQR? It is exactly like FLA_GIF, same entries and the first entry isn't an image.

Old 2005-01-12, 22:45
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
LBA_PCX.HQR
Erm... it's FLA_PCX.HQR.
Old 2005-01-12, 22:47
Magic Ball Master

Its the habit

Old 2005-01-13, 14:12
Master of Degree

Ok.
Old 2005-01-24, 12:25
Master of Degree

Package Editor - version 0.09 released!

Now you can open two or more entries with one tool (the same tool must be assigned to all of them).

And I added pcx extension.

Link in my sig, enjoy!
Old 2005-01-24, 15:28
Magic Ball Master

Good. I try the new tool feature and its great.
The PCX extention works well, just a little thing you forgot and I forgot to mention too. The FLA_PCX descriptions, its exactly the same as FLA_GIF. Btw, I'll try to look again at the descriptions and update what its missing.

Old 2005-02-11, 04:50
weee

Zink, I have a little reqeust:

In "Partial Extract">"Name of the extracted entries", can you make possibility for more characters? Now there's an annoying character limit
Old 2005-02-11, 18:31
Master of Degree

Ok.
Old 2005-03-05, 13:19
Magic Ball Master

Probably you already have this in mind but could you add some features to add entries in the HQR files? I already make it with winHQR but I need to make one by one.
Anyway it will be good if you could add an option to choose the type of entrie you want and how many.

I'm requesting this because I'm making some experinces in linux with TwinEngine and I'm now playing the game with my translation without loose the others.

Old 2005-03-05, 14:11
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: You can also add multiple files. Just use the scripts.
Old 2005-03-05, 14:12
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: This I mean with WinHQR. There's a sample script, included with the program, use that to make all other scripts, and when you made the script, just load it with the Load Script button.
Old 2005-03-05, 16:21
weee

...and a filter can be good. Like, only show the entries that matches your type/keywords in description.
Old 2005-03-05, 19:52
Welcome to Zirla!

- Zink: Here's a list of features, that you have to implement into your program:
  • Adding/removing items (even duplicates and blank ones);
  • Replacing all types of items with all types of items;
  • When I replace an item, which has duplicates, with a new item, the duplicates should be updated, too.;
  • Filter for item display (see ChaosFish's post);
  • Compression.

That's all for now.

Well, it's your decision, whether to implement them, or not.

Spoiler:
However, they will all be implemented in my program, which is coming soon: LBA Resource Manager.

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2005-03-05 at 20:00. Reason: fixed [list] tag
Old 2005-03-06, 19:19
Master of Degree

Whoow! That will be a lot of work. I think it will need rewriting much of the code (which was actually planned one day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
When I replace an item, which has duplicates, with a new item, the duplicates should be updated, too.
Hmmm... isn't it that way now actually?

Quote:
Spoiler:
However, they will all be implemented in my program, which is coming soon: LBA Resource Manager.
Ehhh... that's whole OBrasilo
Old 2005-03-06, 20:12
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Hmmm... isn't it that way now actually?
Nope. If I replace an item, which has duplicates, only the item itself gets updated. All duplicates remain the same.
Old 2005-03-06, 20:13
Welcome to Zirla!

Wait. I got it wrong.
What your program does is exactly updating everything.

WinHQR does this:
If I replace an item, which has duplicates, only the item itself gets updated. All duplicates remain the same. Thus all duplicates remain the same.
Old 2005-03-07, 13:59
Master of Degree

All duplicates remain the same (i.e. their "will be replaced with" fields remain empty), but they are still duplicates of the first one, thus they will point to the first one in the output file, thus there is no need to update them. If you replace an entry which is a duplicate of another one, the entry will be converted to normal, so replacing all duplicates would lead to put the same data to the output file many times.

However I will change it in the future. I have and idea to completely remove the "repeated" entry type and do the repeated things automatically. Instead of "repeated" type there would be some kind of "identical to" information.
Old 2005-03-07, 15:27
Welcome to Zirla!

Hell, I was wrong again. It's WinHQR, which updates everything. When I replace an item, that has duplicates, the duplicates still point to the same item, thus change with it.

Well, I found now a bug in WinHQR. If I replace an item, which is a duplice of another item, or a blank item, with an external file, it doesn't get replaced. All other kinds of replacement (blank -> duplicate, duplicate -> blank, normal -> any kind of item) work well.
Old 2005-06-25, 13:25
Magic Ball Master

I think I already remark this but here's again for the next release...
Zink, when you have repeated an entry in Package Editor with the ">number" and you press the F2 key to modify this number, itself decrement.

Old 2005-06-25, 23:52
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
When I replace an item, which has duplicates, with a new item, the duplicates should be updated, too.;
Actually, I was thinking, if you could make a way, that a user could choose between two modes: in one mode, replacing a duplicate or an item with duplicates, would replace all duplicates and the main item; in the other mode, only that specific item would be replaced, and if it's the main item, the item, which before was its first duplicate would become the new main item (and the duplicates would be come the duplicates of that one).
Old 2005-06-26, 17:31
Master of Degree

alexfont => I think noone ever mentioned it before, thanks.

OBrasilo =>Too complicated IMO.
Old 2005-06-26, 20:30
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
alexfont => I think noone ever mentioned it before, thanks.
Probably I once thought about posting and didn't