Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2006-05-19, 18:13
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

i borrowed lba 1 but i was realy young i cant remember anythink about that game. but then in 1998 or it might of been 99 i bought a new pc and guess what!

Lba 2 came with it.
Old 2006-05-21, 16:47
Father of Shoda

well, got to tell my story to then . I was seven (1997) i think that's the year it came out if im right? we bought our first computer, from some guy, it had been used for some time, it had 300mhz at that time, and the only game that was on it when we got it was lba2 or as its name was on the computer: twinsen. i didnt know what the game was all about in the start but i played it, i also got to desert island without defeating tralü. you just buy a ticket,use it on the boat, and press F10. well i didnt know english good back then but i learned quite a lot with that game. one of the best games ive ever played, but i hade the version without movies and i didnt have all sound, and the music wasnt as long as usual, then a few years later ive played the hole game at a friends house with the extrodinary movies and more. havent played lba1, but i want to, had always wanted to

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2006-05-21, 18:20
Back from the dead

Blimey... I Havent Been Here for Ages, amazing that my account still exists

anyway, LBA2 came free with my brothers pc back about 8 years ago(?), his graphics card wasnt up to it, also his processor was too slow (only by 33mhz )... so he gave it to my sister, who just got a new pc, which was just upto scratch, ofcourse, i ended up playing it on the weekends and any sickdays I had. Then when I got my own PC LBA was thrown straight on without hesitation to relive it, at my own pace.

Then, after I discovered this site, and I discovered other LBA fans in my school, I decided to obtain LBA1, however, it was only availible to the playstation in my local area. Then, one day when my dad treated me to any game at ToysRUs, (no i wasnt there for toys for me ) I finally saw LBA1 sitting there, for the price of £10, this mustve been somewhere between 98 and 2000. I took it home, installed it on the pc using DOS (which i was proud of for a 9/10 year old ), however it didnt work for some unforseen reason, that no one could figure out, i configured all right and everthing . So we returned that, then about 3 years ago, i saw LBA in original box availible on Ebay. ofcourse i wasnt old enough to join, however the seller left his email in the description and we got in contact. I sent some cash in the post (stupid i know....) however I got the game within the week, and was over the moon.

anyway, hello everyone again
Old 2006-05-21, 21:57
pioneer of the useless

a friend showed me lba 1 sumtime bofore so when i saw lba2 i baught itt

MAKE LBA3 HAPPEN!
Old 2006-05-30, 12:30
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Boeboe
some really young people here it seems. I suddenly feel old, though I'm only 23.

For me it was during windows 95 times. I had a big stack of "shareware" cd-rom's (just had a cd-rom player, and got a bunch of magazine junk from a friend). One of the cd's had a LBA demo (breakout from prison, nothing more).
Even though it was VERY short, I loved it immediatly and asked my dad to buy it for me.

That's when my love for adventuregames started
Old 2006-06-16, 01:04
<- I Steal Umbrellas!

Send a message via AIM to Lefty
I think around '97 my grandfather gave me a stack of PC games and Twinsen's Odyssey was in there. I loved that game, I got to Zeelich and I lost the disc for quite some time. Just two years ago I got it again off eBay and started playing it. I used to play MechCommander a lot when I was little, online too. Noone plays MechCommander online anymore...
Old 2006-06-16, 09:06
Radical Dreamer

I saw LBA1 first, but played the second one first ^^

Both were on cd-roms with warez on them. I remember LBA2 being on a twilight disc (don't know if twilight still exists :P), and it would shut down before every FMV, as those were stripped. So basically I played the Tralu part a lot before actually noticing there was more story to it ^^
LBA1 was on this cd-rom with 500 games on it, but my friend who owned the cd-rom never let me play as he thought the game was stupid (we did play jazz jackrabbit though <-- why is this smiley sad?! it's ": o" )

I don't really remember where I got my official LBA2 copy, all I knew is it wasn't too long afterwards! I also remember buying my LBA1 copy off some evil bloke in secundary school... I don't remember to this very day how much he charged for it, but I assume I was pretty much ripped off.

Got LBA2 when I was about twelve, LBA1 when I was 13, started posting on all these message boards when I was 14... the cycle goes on!
Old 2006-06-16, 09:15
.II

Send a message via MSN to .TakaM
many years ago my brother got LBA1 and I always watched him play it, it was such an epic game.

then my other brother bought LBA2 and I only really remember driving around white leaf desert.

just this year my brother found both LBA1 and LBA2 and I played through them, very surprised at how much I remember from the games, cant believe I forgot about them for so long
Old 2006-06-17, 17:15
The Snipa Masta

Send a message via AIM to Sniper Master Send a message via MSN to Sniper Master
I saw the Classic version of LBA2 in the shop and got my Dad to buy it for me as a Christmas Present. The following Easter my parents got me the original, but I had to play it withtout speech and the full music. I only played it through with that a few years ago thanks to LbaWin.
Old 2006-06-25, 15:46
The LBA nerd

Send a message via MSN to Frank
It was, uh, i think 1997 when i started playing LBA2.My dad took me to his favourite computergamestore 'cause on this day this store closed. It was like the paradise to me: Cartonlinkages of LBA and heart of darkness, everywhere games, and i had one non limited money wish. There were many expensive games but one of these games wasn't removable of my field of vision: LBA2.We took this game and since today it's my favourite game. But i can't remember the day when i got LBA1....