Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Creations - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Creations - General The place for the creative LBA fans.

Old 2023-01-08, 15:16
Magic Level: Red Ball

Quote:
I'm really impressed, Rob! Great that you managed to finish such a big project with so much attention to detail! I personally also think aldrix's music fits very well to the scenes.
Did you take any movie scenes as inspiration? Definitely has some Star Wars vibes
There are many references and inspirations from various movies, toys, games, fan art...LBA1/2 cutscenes, Star Wars (obviously), The Relentless Movie project, Independence Day, Rob Roy, First knight, Star Trek, Godzilla 2014, Starcraft, Matrix, War of the worlds, to name just a few
Old 2023-01-08, 15:19

btw thanks for taking the time to watch the movie and for your comments : )
Old 2023-01-08, 15:58
Magic Level: Water Ball

Oh btw, what language are the Esmers attacking the moon reactor speaking ? It feels like a distorded Spanish to me, but I'm not sure...

I liked that you gave text-to-speech voices to the robots as well. We were lucky you didn't include the TikTok woman though
Old 2023-01-08, 20:28
Neko

is it me or does zoe have a strange whisper voice? were there no girls available? just curious

Last edited by Neko; 2023-01-08 at 21:16.
Old 2023-01-08, 21:59
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
And the Oscar goes to.................

Congratulations!!! Very few fan projects actually get finished around here.. You're one of the few select mbn members who did it!

These are really exciting times for LBA isn't it?

I don't think I've ever seen so much high quality LBA material coming since a long, long time. These last years have been such a boom for these games. Not only with official releases - Vachey's symphonic suite, 2.21's upcoming reboot, but also fan contributions like the lba remake, new fanart, and of course gems like this one and the music that accompanies (I find those a treat in itself ).

What can I say that has not been said already?
It's really superb, everything is smooth, all of the tiny details, like the hot air distortions caused from the lava heat, the easter eggs, oldschool LBA3's concept arts turned into real characters (we got a dalai lama even!), etc., it's very much amazing the attention to details and the effort put into this.

Watching this movie triggered a lot of emotions as it progressed and I confess feelings chills down my spine and a tear or two during its climax.

I'd say it does have an explicit Star Wars™ influence/vibe; the very opening scene which is akin to EP IV A New Hope, then the scenes with the clones at the emerald moon base akin to the imperials inside a Star Destroyer or the Death Star, FunFrock a bit like Palpatine, the "lightsaber" fight with the glowing sabers, spaceships fighters dodging laser-shooting turrets, and of course the cheesy dialogue at times with heroic good vs evil lines; all that being said, it is unreal to see this being done to a setting like LBA and it was done with a lot of charm (even the Star Wars™ trademark crossfade at one of the ending scenes fit well), and none of it detracts in any way from the experience, it is actually fun to see how many elements can be similar, if we want to see the story in this way.

I personally loved the sound design which was really exceptional, especially in light of fan movies who tend to give 3D animation and graphics all the attention and are a bit lacking in those areas. This was a pleasant surprise as it really sounded like movies in the theatres. As for the musicians of its lushful soundtrack, I applaud them standing! They are super talented. Really amazing. Really amazing touch and feel, sensibility and charm. The music of LBA is the best, and variations like these takes great skill to sound as great. It is very rare to find material of this quality, especially being lba-related. The 'quiet' moment of reflection amidst imminent doom backed by the beautiful piano of Moritz was the absolute highlight for me. I would also like to congratulate whoever did the voices (they weren't named in the credits it seems). The acting is on par with everything else, and the tone of the voices chosen are very suitable indeed, such as how Twinsen sounds just like the great and yet modest and unpretentious hero we grew up with. In particular, Zoé's voice, it really fits her.

Sendell was portrayed in a magnificent manner, her expressions, the divinity of her very presence, the moments of weaknesses and strength, even as she was struggling but did so graciously, backed up by her wisdom. I could really feel her and sense her as a living being, in a very real sense.

All this in a single first watch, first impressions... I plan to watch it a thousand times more.

Cheers!
How can zoes voice fit her?
Old 2023-01-09, 13:44
Refrão* (ligar overdrive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
is it me or does zoe have a strange whisper voice? were there no girls available? just curious
Quote:
How can zoes voice fit her?
Hmmz you're right it is strange now that you mention... at the heat of excitement of my 1st watch and listening in loud a home theater environment (mostly paying attention to the amazing music) it seemed sort of dramatic that she'd whisper like that, something we never witnessed in the games, but now just listening over the headphones it's odd indeed, like if a guy did it. Oh well, I was fooled I guess. Eh.

Also Baldino's voice quality sounds off par with the rest (the mic quality I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_c View Post
There are many references and inspirations from various movies, toys, games, fan art...LBA1/2 cutscenes, Star Wars (obviously), The Relentless Movie project, Independence Day, Rob Roy, First knight, Star Trek, Godzilla 2014, Starcraft, Matrix, War of the worlds, to name just a few
"to name just a few", meaning there's more? Jesus, that's a lot of references for only 24 mins of movie material.
Old 2023-01-09, 15:05
Neko

Quote:
Hmmz you're right it is strange now that you mention... at the heat of excitement of my 1st watch and listening in loud a home theater environment (mostly paying attention to the amazing music) it seemed sort of dramatic that she'd whisper like that, something we never witnessed in the games, but now just listening over the headphones it's odd indeed, like if a guy did it. Oh well, I was fooled I guess. Eh.

Also Baldino's voice quality sounds off par with the rest (the mic quality I mean).

"to name just a few", meaning there's more? Jesus, that's a lot of references for only 24 mins of movie material.
probably all of them, just an expression am i right? :P
Old 2023-01-09, 17:02
Magic Level: Water Ball

Baldino in general feels older, I felt it could be a design choice. Kind of suits him to be this wiser inventor, next to Twinsen, a young Quetsch with boiling blood, ready to fight
Old 2023-01-09, 17:20

Quote:
were there no girls available?
I dunno why I chuckle everytime I read this well there was his 6 y.o. niece who did the voice of one of the children (very good acting too)...
Old 2023-01-09, 19:52
Neko

Quote:
I dunno why I chuckle everytime I read this well there was his 6 y.o. niece who did the voice of one of the children (very good acting too)...
i mean, if the whole thing kinda is already perfect.....I wouldn't have mind asking my wife to speak some lines. not so hard to do
Old 2023-01-09, 20:00

Quote:
i mean, if the whole thing kinda is already perfect.....I wouldn't have mind asking my wife to speak some lines. not so hard to do
I know right

I think a pitch shifter was used, but now the question is (trivia moment!): is Zoe's voice a higher-pitched version of his own voice, or a lower-pitched version of his niece's voice?
Old 2023-01-10, 16:07
Zebrazilla

Absolutely incredible! The craftsmanship of this is truly stellar! There are some truly cinematic shots in there. The narrative is really solid and well executed, the music is fantastic and expertly adapted from the source material, the environments and character designs are all translated very well and the feels are all there!

Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with the world.

Also why isn't this in this on the frontpage news feed? Someone get it up there!

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2023-01-11, 11:01

Amazing work rob, I couldn't believe it!
I hope your work gets the attention it deserves after the email from 2.21!
Old 2023-01-12, 02:07
Mathemagician

Just quickly popping in to say, this is really good Rob_c, well done and thank you for the years of hard work on this!
Old 2023-01-15, 13:50

Thanks, guys

Quote:
Oh btw, what language are the Esmers attacking the moon reactor speaking ? It feels like a distorded Spanish to me, but I'm not sure...
Esperanto, if I remember correctly

Honestly, I've never been bothered by Zoe's voice, but as you mentioned, asking my girlfriend to do the voice would be better. Although (I admit) I never considered it. I'll be more careful in the future (the voice is from the Animaker site ;p).

Regarding inspiration from different films, it was often about sound. It was easier for me to explain to my dad how we could edit the sound using examples from other movies.

I just popped in to say that the guys have agreed to put the music on youtube. There will be deleted tracks and full versions of the music that are not in the film. It's great to listen to, in my opinion, the best LBA fan music ever made. I think it will be on youtube next week
Old 2023-01-16, 07:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_c
(...) asking my girlfriend to do the voice would be better. Although (I admit) I never considered it. (...) the voice is from the Animaker site ;p
Old 2023-01-29, 12:51
Magic Ball Master

I have revived my account just to say Rob C that I am blown away by this.

Impressive work! It's clear you have put a lot into this. So many techniques and processes to create the final output!

Modeling, texturing, environment work, character work simulations, lighting rendering, animation, lipsync... this list goes on!

Outstanding!

Love the cameos! Are my eyes deceiving me or is that the prequel character Hegesippe I modelled all those years ago in the crowd?? If it is then I am honoured!

Last edited by Lewi-G; 2023-01-29 at 21:18.
Old 2023-01-29, 20:03
Neko

Ha yes! Hegesippe!
Old 2023-01-29, 21:53

Quote:
I have revived my account just to say Rob C that I am blown away by this.

Impressive work! It's clear you have put a lot into this. So many techniques and processes to create the final output!

Modeling, texturing, environment work, character work simulations, lighting rendering, animation, lipsync... this list goes on!

Outstanding!

Love the cameos! Are my eyes deceiving me or is that the prequel character Hegesippe I modelled all those years ago in the crowd?? If it is then I am honoured!
YES, it is Hegesippe Nice that you caught that
Thank you
Old 2023-01-29, 21:58
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_c View Post
YES, it is Hegesippe Nice that you caught that
Thank you
That has made my day Thank you!

What softwares did you use? The simulations looks advanced! Was it Houdini?

Old 2023-01-29, 22:03

3Ds Max
Old 2023-01-29, 22:20
Magic Ball Master

Great work! Do you use it in your job or is it for fun?

Old 2023-01-30, 19:34

I use 3ds max at work ; )
Old Today, 02:25
Magic Ball Master

Awesome. Honestly great work. Hope it gets a lot of public interest. Its well polished and I think you are being too critical of the animation. Love the sword fighting section!