Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2013-02-22, 03:51
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Great Game - Why Is LBA2 So Addictive?

Ever since 1997 I have played on average 20 new games per year, but I keep coming back to this one! LBA2 is the kind of game I can play at any time and in any mood. Each time I complete it, I get the urge to start a new game again. It's funny, no other game is like that. When I look at my hard drive, everything else has come and gone as the years went by, but the good old LBA folder is still there.

I don't know if I just love this game, or if I simply love the whole 1990's era of gaming. Those were good years. When PC games came in large cardboard boxes and heavy manuals. Good times.

Old 2013-02-22, 04:10
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron2011 View Post
Ever since 1997 I have played on average 20 new games per year, but I keep coming back to this one! LBA2 is the kind of game I can play at any time and in any mood. Each time I complete it, I get the urge to start a new game again. It's funny, no other game is like that. When I look at my hard drive, everything else has come and gone as the years went by, but the good old LBA folder is still there.

I don't know if I just love this game, or if I simply love the whole 1990's era of gaming. Those were good years. When PC games came in large cardboard boxes and heavy manuals. Good times.

LBA 2 is a fine game. I think it is easily accessible (control-wise) and the world is quite immersive for a non-RPG, which lends itself to repeated playthroughs. Overall, it was a game that was unlike many others when it was released and even by today's standards does things that a lot of modern titles don't.
Old 2013-02-22, 12:20
Magic Level: Red Ball

Personnellement, car lba à un univers magique incroyable ( très peu de jeuxvideo d'aventure ont un univers aussi cohérent et bien pensé ) J'aime aussi le coté aventure, le coté voyage très mise en avant, que j'aime particulièrement ! ( zeelich, la lune... ) mais aussi Les musiques qui accompagne parfaitement le joueur sans lasser !!
le coté naïf de twinsen, les personnages un peu enfantin mais très attachant, le scénario simple et efficace, une difficulté mieux dosé qu'LBA1, les nombreux objets dans l'inventaires, l'évolution de la balle magique ( je me souvient quand j'était jeune, le bonheur d'avoir eu pour la première fois la balle verte ! )
Je le répète mais l'univers de lba est juste magique,très immersif et très cohérent !

Google translate :

Personally, as a magical lba amazing (little adventure videogames have a universe as coherent and well thought out) I also like the next adventure, the next trip very put forward, I particularly like! (Zeelich the moon ...) but also the music that complements the player without tiring!
the naive side Twinsen, the characters a bit childish, but very endearing, the story simple and effective, difficulty qu'LBA1 better proportioned, many objects in the inventory, the evolution of the magic bullet (I remember when I 'was young, the joy of having for the first time the green ball!)
But I repeat universe lba is just magical, very immersive and very consistent!
Old 2013-02-23, 19:56
n00b of the Year.

I think it's probably down to it being so different to everything else...it has its own unique mythology and world, and so much effort went in to make it incredibly detailed and personal. All the unique characters etc.

Plus, it's fun and you can hump a cow.
Old 2013-02-24, 13:25
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyville View Post
I think it's probably down to it being so different to everything else...it has its own unique mythology and world, and so much effort went in to make it incredibly detailed and personal. All the unique characters etc.

Plus, it's fun and you can hump a cow.
^ Pretty much this. (yes, even the cow humping part)
Old 2013-02-24, 16:41
Magic Ball Master

YOU CAN HUMP A COW.

'Nuff said.
Old 2013-02-24, 17:40
LBA2 Maestro

I think because you can do whatever you want. The game also has a lot of the best adventure game aspects; fighting, weapons, collecting items, quests,... The magic formula of Fred combining these things
Old 2013-02-24, 19:33
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Exploration, Atmosphere and Diversity.
All rare qualities in games.

Normally even in good games your doing the same thing over and over, often in linear environments.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:34
Banned

Thumbs Up

I been around here since 2002 and it brings nostalgia.