Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2004-10-27, 23:47
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
"Interesting" anti-Kerry commurcial

[Quick edit] Well, on closer look, it appears www.georgewbush.org has been hijacked. It can't be anything but hijacked considdering the footage . Still, I recommand you looking at it

I wasn't too interested to start a discussion about the 2004 US elections but I couldn't stop myself from at least mentioning this
I'm sure that especially our Jewish members will love this particular commurcial.

http://www.georgewbush.org/spots/med...-christian.mov

Last edited by Atresica; 2004-10-28 at 00:24.
Old 2004-10-27, 23:50
Magic Ball Master

You've got to be fucking kidding me. This is a serious commercial?

This must be a joke.

[Quick edit]Ah I see Atre. That would explain a few other things on the main page as well
Old 2004-10-28, 00:01
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Lololololol
Old 2004-10-28, 00:16
Magic Ball Master

The official home page of the President is http://www.georgewbush.com/

not .org

So...
Old 2004-10-28, 00:18
Hello

lol, owned. Of course, Kerry has johnkerry.com so naturally george W has www.georgewbush.comI hate most of those fucking parody sites, what has this got to do with the actual politics of George W?

But I cant reach the real GeorgeWBush.com site.

Last edited by Gustav Sweden; 2004-10-28 at 00:26.
Old 2004-10-28, 00:23
Le Kuck qui rit

lol!

Old 2004-10-28, 00:25
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
It seems no one outside the US can reach georgewbush.com
Appearantly they don't like non-US citizens, oh boo on us

DoubleJ: noooo...really?!
Old 2004-10-28, 13:01
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Haha, quite nice. But for a parody commercial, it doesn't really have an idea or message behind it.
Old 2004-10-28, 14:08
Idyllic + whimsical

Why does George Bush need an official website?
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2004-10-28, 14:19
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Maybe he has a blog
Old 2004-10-28, 16:00
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
LOL, that would be how the .com site would be if GW made it himself... naaah, it wouldnt, it has too good spelling, if GW had done it himself it would be about as well spelled as some of my posts... Anyway that one is great, i hope Kerry wins the election, he isnt good but he is better then GW.. I like that Iraq crusade cost meter, so thats where all the tax income goes? great now i know where all the americans pay for when they pay tax... oh damn, im sorry, i remebered not all americans pay, the rich gets tax breaks, i forgot :/

Edit: http://jibjab.com/ has got a new flash movie
Old 2004-10-28, 16:26
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Haha, quite nice. But for a parody commercial, it doesn't really have an idea or message behind it.
This is how it looks overthere now. They throw shit at each other and there are trillions of unserious sites. Both sides' supporters have lost contact with the truth. Double-J showed a site where Kerry gets linked to communists, dictators and terrorists and it's popular among the pro-Kerry sites to link George W with Hitler as we saw on this site. It is not funny, since it has no connection with the truth at all, as Anakin said ,

"But for a parody commercial, it doesn't really have an idea or message behind it."

Quote:
LOL, that would be how the .com site would be if GW made it himself... naaah, it wouldnt, it has too good spelling, if GW had done it himself it would be about as well spelled as some of my posts... Anyway that one is great, i hope Kerry wins the election, he isnt good but he is better then GW.. I like that Iraq crusade cost meter, so thats where all the tax income goes? great now i know where all the americans pay for when they pay tax... oh damn, im sorry, i remebered not all americans pay, the rich gets tax breaks, i forgot :/
That was very serious...

Quote:
Why does George Bush need an official website?
Yes, I wonder why...
Old 2004-10-28, 16:54
Idot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
That was very serious...
Yes it was. i put some serious stuff there along with the unseriousness...
Old 2004-10-28, 17:12
Hello

What was the serious part, except "I think that Kerry is bad, but he is btter than Bush"?
Old 2004-10-28, 17:22
Idot

great now i know where all the americans pay for when they pay tax... oh damn, im sorry, i remebered not all americans pay, the rich gets tax breaks, i forgot :/
Old 2004-10-28, 17:52
Hello

Everyone gets tax breaks.
The rich still pay tax, you make it sound like they don't.

Still, the tax breaks doesn't benefit the poor, since Bush has taken money from the education system, health care, subsidies, etc, in order to finance his massive tax breaks.
Old 2004-10-28, 18:05
Idot

80% of the taxbreaks goes to ppl that make 300 000 a year, or more...
Old 2004-10-28, 19:12
What is this place?

After some more looking, www.georgewbush.org is afflaited to www.whitehouse.org, which is also a spoofsite. That one is afflaited again to Landover Baptists (http://www.landoverbaptist.org/)

which is a parody website of fundamentalistic christian websites
Old 2004-10-28, 20:47
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
Everyone gets tax breaks.
The rich still pay tax, you make it sound like they don't.

Still, the tax breaks doesn't benefit the poor, since Bush has taken money from the education system, health care, subsidies, etc, in order to finance his massive tax breaks.
Actually, Bush has record-setting spending on education, including the "No Child Left Behind" Act.
Old 2004-10-28, 23:44

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
Actually, Bush has record-setting spending on education, including the "No Child Left Behind" Act.

Education has many divisions. Just because you sent money over there doesn't mean education improves. What I've seen of the education funding in my areas is building new Football Stadiums. Sorry, I really don't see how an additional stadium is gonna help kids with their GPA or overall performance in class.

This isn't to say that George Bush is to blame, just that education funding =/= improvement in education.
Old 2004-10-29, 19:42
Idot

GJ Bush, now more Iraqis are dieing in Iraq then under Saddam... 100 000 has died during the occupation... That is a liberation indeed..
Old 2004-10-29, 20:12
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
From what I've heard, children of poor families have gotten a harder time, since you have to send your children to private schools if you want good education. You might be right, though, since this isn't crystal clear to me.
Old 2004-10-30, 04:22
Magic Ball Master

Well, the "vouchers" instituted by the NCLB act basically allow parents to send their kids to private school, or wherever, if they feel they aren't getting satisfactory education from their public school. It comes out of government money as well.

And like Lighty said, yes, there is clearly some misspending of the money, but that's not Bush's fault, it's the fault of retarded school administrations who think football lights are more important than textbooks and quality teachers.