Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-08-19, 22:09
Still in a dream...

That's silly. I doubt anyone thinks like that.

The only reason a Catholic would chose not to have sex from a religious stance is because sex before marriage is adulterous, apparently. A load of cobblers if you ask me, but thats just my opinion.
Old 2005-08-19, 22:35
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
That's silly. I doubt anyone thinks like that.
Well that's the reason Purplesheep stated. (that and unwanted pregnancies, to which my answer is the same)

Anyway, maybe sex is being treated too casually, but that's no reason to turn to the other extreme end and say that people shouldn't have sex before marriage.
Old 2005-08-19, 22:38
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Well, I think that he means that if young people waited longer to have sex there would be less unwanted pregnacies and STDs. Which is true.
Old 2005-08-20, 10:41
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
Well, I think that he means that if young people waited longer to have sex there would be less unwanted pregnacies and STDs. Which is true.
Well it's also true that if young people were more careful, there'd be less unwanted pregnancues and STDs.

The difference is you can ask someone to be careful, you can't ask him not to have sex at all until he gets married.
Old 2005-08-20, 11:29
Sheepie for short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Well that's the reason Purplesheep stated. (that and unwanted pregnancies, to which my answer is the same)

Anyway, maybe sex is being treated too casually, but that's no reason to turn to the other extreme end and say that people shouldn't have sex before marriage.
I gave that as one reason for it, but if I gave you my main reason you would reject it as it's from the Bible which you don't agree with.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2005-08-20, 11:50
Party animal

First of all, I don't disagree with the entire bible.
The whole idea is not to see it as black and white, something which you either completely accept or not.

Anyway, if it has something to do with god then I probably would reject, yeah.
Old 2005-08-20, 21:24
doin' it for the lulz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sheep
Personally I'd like to get married as soon as possible really, and I believe the world would be a much better place if no-one had sex before marriage - there'd be no unwanted pregnancies which would mean there'd be no need for abortion, there'd be no STDs, etc. You could argue that if everyone used contraception it would have the same effect, although I believe sex shouldn't be treated nearly so casually as it is today. There are other reasons too (that is, reasons that don't quote from the Bible) but I can't remember any at the moment.

Anyway, let's not get into an argument.
i agree, if people treated sex seriously and didint spread themselves around there would be less problems like this
Old 2005-08-20, 21:25
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
And then there wouldn't have been any brothels in town.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-08-20, 21:26
doin' it for the lulz!

Question

this has seriously veered off its original topic.
Old 2005-08-20, 21:33
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
That's what I mentioned a while ago. But if we want to discuss this marriage and sex question, we should open a new thread.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-08-21, 12:36
Sheepie for short

A split might be better.

Old 2005-08-21, 13:43
weee

Ok.
Old 2005-08-21, 14:43
Magic Ball Master

Meh. Marriage.

I'm personally not bothered about getting married. At all. Yes, I'd like to have a long-term partner sometime in the future, but since I'm not religious, the whole concept of marriage to me is nothing more than a pretty (and expensive) ceremony. I don't see what difference having a ring on a finger would make to a long-term relationship. Of course, if my future partner really wanted to get married, then yeah, I'd go along with it, but not until much later in life.

To me, rushing into marriage just for the sake of having sex is absolutly absurd. What if you end up being sexually incompatible? What if in two years time, you realise you've made a big mistake, and should have taken your time?

But then again, I'm just an amoral athiest fag who will burn in hell.
Old 2005-08-21, 15:50
Sheepie for short

I never said anything about getting married just to have sex. You should get married to have a loving, intimate, committed, life-long relationship with someone, which will include sex.

Old 2005-08-21, 17:37
Magic Ball Master

Me and Axx are happy. Beforehand, my previous lover, Kaderoboy and I, had lovely discussion in channel #lesbian. You see! It's all the same!

Don't worry Axx, I'm right behind you, good buddy!
Old 2005-08-21, 22:51
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sheep
I never said anything about getting married just to have sex. You should get married to have a loving, intimate, committed, life-long relationship with someone, which will include sex.
Yeah I completely agree, Sheepie!

The thing is, it depends on the person whom we are talking about, you may not want to marry a bitch but you may want to fuck her hot, wet, tasty, delicious, "fire" pussy. And I think thats ok unless, obviously, you find/have/know someone that offers a lot more than that, or, nothing at all, BUT it's true love (which is many times mistaken by other stuff), then yeah, marry!

The thing actually is, do you truly love the person? if you can answer that clearly in your mind then my opinion is marriage, being poor or not, marry her.

kthxbye.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2005-08-21 at 22:57.
Old 2005-08-22, 02:02
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
"You should get married to have a loving, intimate, committed, life-long relationship with someone, which will include sex."
Pfft. I don't want to get married, nor to commit, and I see no need in a life-long relationship. What should I do? I must stay a virgin?
You are assuming here everyone wants to get married.
Also, I'd have to agree with Snapman, marrige is nothing more but a meaningless ceremony to me. For me it has nothing to do with the bible or religion. Marrige nowadays is just a sign of commitment. Thats all. There is nothing wrong in divorce. (It is just complicated if there are kids.)
Also, I agree with Anakin. People should be more careful to avoid STDs and unwanted pregnacies. Thats all. Not to mention unwanted pregancies is easily solved by an abortion, which besides the financel and medical aspects of it, I see no problem with. STDs are far worse.
In conclusion, people should realize its the 21th century, and stop listening to everything written in the bible. All you gotta do is use your common sense.

See ya in hell Snapman.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2005-08-22, 02:57
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba!
"You should get married to have a loving, intimate, committed, life-long relationship with someone, which will include sex."
Pfft. I don't want to get married, nor to commit, and I see no need in a life-long relationship. What should I do? I must stay a virgin?
You are assuming here everyone wants to get married.
Also, I'd have to agree with Snapman, marrige is nothing more but a meaningless ceremony to me. For me it has nothing to do with the bible or religion. Marrige nowadays is just a sign of commitment. Thats all. There is nothing wrong in divorce. (It is just complicated if there are kids.)
Also, I agree with Anakin. People should be more careful to avoid STDs and unwanted pregnacies. Thats all. Not to mention unwanted pregancies is easily solved by an abortion, which besides the financel and medical aspects of it, I see no problem with. STDs are far worse.
In conclusion, people should realize its the 21th century, and stop listening to everything written in the bible. All you gotta do is use your common sense.

See ya in hell Snapman.
JJ, THIS POST HAD ME THINKING... since were not married, it means u havnt made a life long commitment to me We should get married as soon as possible, i fear the worst should we delay it any further!
Old 2005-08-22, 03:21
Magic Ball Master

*buys a 20 karat diamond ring and a rhinestone-encrusted dildo for my lover Axx*
Old 2005-08-22, 11:39
Sheepie for short

Of course I don't expect everyone to listen to what the Bible says if you don't believe it has authority. But I do.

Old 2005-08-22, 16:25
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Fair enough.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2005-08-22, 18:35
master of electronica

yea i have 2 agree that the idea sinning is kinda bollocks in this day an age

Sinning from a religious perspective is just doing something wrong; in "this day and age", murder, stealing, agressive behavoire and other anti-social, destructive acts are all still considered wrong. Is calling these things wrong "bollocks"?

Being a homosexual isn't wrong according to most Christian denominations' interpretation of scripture-only the act of homosexual sex is considered wrong by many Christians, but many liberal groups believe that the verses dealing with homosexual acts are referring specifically to pagan temple rituals that happened to involve gay sex.
Old 2005-08-23, 15:21
formerly just angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapman
To me, rushing into marriage just for the sake of having sex is absolutly absurd. What if you end up being sexually incompatible? What if in two years time, you realise you've made a big mistake, and should have taken your time?
Yes but rushing into a marriage for those reasons is also the wrong thing to do imo.

The biblical interpretation can either read: You cannot have sex before marriage OR By having sex you have consumated a marriage and therefore you should be faithful to the person you have had sex with and not sleep with other people - essentially a marriage contracted by sex. Of course if one partner were to then go off and have sex with someone else, that would also provide biblical grounds for divorce.

The idea behind the whole thing is about faithfulness to the partner you have chosen.
Old 2005-09-28, 20:25
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
The point of marriage is to eat wedding cake, duh