Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2021-08-01, 16:41
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
What happens if you leave the citadel without the ID and holomap?

Out of curiosity, I started a new game of LBA1, and left the citadel without picking up the ID card and holomap. It seems like I'm completely locked out and there is no way now to go back and pick them up. Unless there's something I don't know about?
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2021-08-01, 19:24
Neko

Hmm you cannot get a new ferryticket back?
Old 2021-08-01, 20:20
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Hmm you cannot get a new ferryticket back?
i can go back to citadel island and enter the citadel through the secret entrance. once in the boiler room, turns out i can get the guard to trigger the alarm if i stand in the corner of the room.

however, a new problem arises, if you get arrested after getting the tunic, the scientist with the key that lets you out of the citadel is no longer there! so atm i can't get out of the citadel
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2021-08-01, 21:05
Neko

do you really need the id card and holomap?

also you should always be able to break out of the citadel...strange i do not remember your problem to be honest.
Old 2021-08-01, 22:10
Party animal

Quote:
do you really need the id card and holomap?

also you should always be able to break out of the citadel...strange i do not remember your problem to be honest.
i don't think you need them, i was just curious about it
but now, being forever stuck in the citadel is an even more interesting issue
Old 2021-08-01, 22:13
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
i don't think you need them, i was just curious about it
but now, being forever stuck in the citadel is an even more interesting issue
i am fairly sure you can get out. i have been thrown in the citadel thousands of times even after getting the tunic i believe. although, how did you even get captured, that is pretty rare too.

i would have to test that
Old 2021-08-01, 23:55
Party animal

Quote:
i am fairly sure you can get out. i have been thrown in the citadel thousands of times even after getting the tunic i believe. although, how did you even get captured, that is pretty rare too.

i would have to test that
i don't think it's supposed to be possible to get arrested on citadel island after getting the tunic. think about it, who would arrest you exactly? there are no supergros on the island

i only managed it because if you stand in the corner of the boiler room there's a guard who can notice you through the wall, almost certainly a bug
Old 2021-08-02, 11:00
Magic Level: Red Ball

It's possible to get arrested after getting the tunic if you enter the Citadel via the rear entrance. The roaming guard/nurse will see you, trigger the alarm, and a supergro will spawn.

As mentioned this leaves you stuck in the Citadel as you can't access the room to leave via the rear exit, and there's no guard to kill for a key to leave by the main exit.

You don't need the holomap or Twinsens ID card at any point in the game, although you can buy a holomap from the shop on Principal Island.
Old 2021-08-02, 12:43
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
It's possible to get arrested after getting the tunic if you enter the Citadel via the rear entrance. The roaming guard/nurse will see you, trigger the alarm, and a supergro will spawn.

As mentioned this leaves you stuck in the Citadel as you can't access the room to leave via the rear exit, and there's no guard to kill for a key to leave by the main exit.

You don't need the holomap or Twinsens ID card at any point in the game, although you can buy a holomap from the shop on Principal Island.
so you are truly stuck? wow didn't know that one.

only way to get out is to hack your savegame then i guess
Old 2021-08-02, 17:41
Polly parrot

Didn't know about that one, that's weird...

Played through the game multiple times without the ID though, there was a short period of time when I always forgot to pick it up for some reason.
Old 2021-08-02, 20:01

Quote:
so you are truly stuck? wow didn't know that one.

only way to get out is to hack your savegame then i guess

I think if you game over via wall death you'd spawn outside of the Citadel, not 100% sure though - haven't tested it
Old 2021-08-02, 23:16
Master of Science & Magic

iirc the ID only has a use on Brundle Island. The holomap is only a convenience to keep track of your quest.
So you don't need it. And if I remember correctly, you can buy a holomap in the shop on Principle Island.

Quote:
This super Holomap costs only 20 Kashes (you will find that it is very useful!).
https://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/674
Old 2021-08-03, 09:57
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuerte View Post
iirc the ID only has a use on Brundle Island. The holomap is only a convenience to keep track of your quest.
So you don't need it. And if I remember correctly, you can buy a holomap in the shop on Principle Island.

https://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/674
yeah try the id card in brundle....great idea
Old 2021-08-03, 20:01
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I think if you game over via wall death you'd spawn outside of the Citadel, not 100% sure though - haven't tested it
That's smart

Quote:
And if I remember correctly, you can buy a holomap in the shop on Principle Island.
I think you can buy it in any store.
Old 2021-08-04, 18:18

Quote:
iirc the ID only has a use on Brundle Island.

You can also show it to the person in the Library by the cash register. If you do he sounds the alarm, so again, not particularly useful