Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2021-09-16, 16:46
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

The Stellar entity in gestation

Anyone still remember the "entity" spoken of by Sendell at the end of LBA 1's ending? I was hoping to see if this entity will play a big role in LBA 2 when I first saw the CD in a shop. And then it was only after completing LBA 2 that I remembered that it was only going to come "into existence in a few centuries" so if this entity were to make an appearance,it would be a game set some in a timeline centuries after Twinsen's current era.

Edit:Oops. I read the other threads and now I think Sendell could have also meant that the stellar entity was still in development centuries earlier and could also appear during Twinsen's time.

Now I'm confused.

Last edited by Yung; 2021-09-16 at 20:06.
Old 2021-09-18, 00:59
strange dreamer

We'll find out in LBA3 buddy
Old 2021-09-19, 19:17
Magic Level: Green Ball

From what I remember, according to Fred, LBA3's title should be Genesis of the Stellar Entity. But I read this long time ago, so not sure if the new game will be about it. I always wondered WHAT is the stellar entity.
Old 2021-09-19, 21:18
Neko

isn't it the thing funfrock wants to merge with?

Who once said that this genesis / sendell might not be a good thing?
Old 2021-09-20, 17:56
Magic Level: Green Ball

What if the stellar entity is a cosmic monster, eater of planets, ending to all the life as we know it?

What if Funfrock is the real good guy, and was right all along? In LBA1 he wanted to save Twinsun by destroying the Sendells, and as he failed, then in LBA2 with a broken heart he decided to destroy Twinsun to save the universe?

That would be a plot twist for LBA3.
Old 2021-09-20, 18:50
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliavot View Post
What if the stellar entity is a cosmic monster, eater of planets, ending to all the life as we know it?

What if Funfrock is the real good guy, and was right all along? In LBA1 he wanted to save Twinsun by destroying the Sendells, and as he failed, then in LBA2 with a broken heart he decided to destroy Twinsun to save the universe?

That would be a plot twist for LBA3.
No.
Old 2021-09-20, 19:39
Neko

Yes.
Old 2021-09-22, 00:38
strange dreamer

Old 2021-09-22, 03:42
LBA fan

To be honest I wouldn't count on this particular story line being fleshed out in 2.21's game. It's a new team working on a sequel to a 24 years old game, I don't really expect them to honor ideas that were floated by the original team over a decade ago... I think it's better to have zero expectations.
Old 2021-09-23, 02:39
inharmonic explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur View Post
To be honest I wouldn't count on this particular story line being fleshed out in 2.21's game. It's a new team working on a sequel to a 24 years old game, I don't really expect them to honor ideas that were floated by the original team over a decade ago... I think it's better to have zero expectations.
This is probably wise.
Old 2021-09-23, 13:43
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur View Post
Indeed.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2021-09-23, 14:03
Neko

since they are creative directors or something, i kinda asume they will do the original lba3 storyline...but let's wait till they say something.

most important is gameplay, will it be like lba1, lba2 controls? or something very new?

I don't really need a random adventure game with lba models, hope it can still feel the same, being slightly updated
Old 2021-09-23, 19:13
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Let's be honest, I just want to roam Twinsun to see what it looks like it nowadays :P

Of course it would be a plus to have a nice storyline, but it's kind of secondary to me now