Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2010-08-11, 07:41
It's My Choice

Send a message via MSN to panadol
MineCraft

Minecraft is a sandbox game which allows players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world.

It is currently in development by Markus Persson, aka "Notch".
The gameplay is inspired by Dwarf Fortress, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Dungeon Keeper, and especially Infiniminer.

The game is split into two variants, Alpha and Classic; Classic is both single- and multiplayer and includes only the building aspects of the game with unlimited blocks, and Alpha also has a single- and multiplayer mode and includes monsters and a much greater variety of crafting available, as well as requiring players to mine their own blocks.

Alpha is currently the alpha release of Minecraft, and will move into beta sometime in August 2010.

Minecraft was developed for about a week before its public release on May 17, 2009 on the TIGSource forums, where it gained a considerable level of popularity.

It has been continually updated since then.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone else play it? leave your comments below.

I'm trying to work on some skins for it...Their not pro but their something.

More coming...I will update this post once more are up

Download Links:Red Suit Megaman ParaTrooper (franco) BlackSuit

Personally i like the game, Really enjoying it...needs some work but he will get it done

Thanks to Wikipedia, Markus Persson and Swedman.

Last edited by panadol; 2010-08-11 at 09:00.
Old 2010-09-11, 11:08
World Designer: Colozen

Send a message via MSN to DarkOnistar
Ya know I was about to make a topic called Minecraft too

I was going to ask what people thought of it and what crazy things people have made in it.

Anybody able to re-create an LBA scene with Minecraft? after all LBA uses bricks in a very similar way to the way you can place bricks down in Minecraft.
I'm sure its possible to re-create an LBA map in it.

------
Minecraft updates on Fridays but recently the developer Notch has had trouble with Paypal because the amount of donations he's recieving for his game has made Paypal suspect him of criminal activities or something.
- Paypal say they could lock his account and take any money stored in it.. which was roughly 600,000 euros.

-------
Update: Notch has updated the game again so more things have been unlocked for multiplayer.

If anybody wants to try multiplayer with your own hosted servers easily, I recommend getting Hamachi (LogMeIn_Hamachi) which is VPN program for making LAN networks over the internet. Simply join a channel on Hamachi and copy the server hosts IP in the multiplayer join of the game and you'll connect.
Lord of the rings / LBA2 Spoof videos