Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2018-03-08, 02:49
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Got a hold of sketches

i asked one of the developer if he had some more sketches that we havent seen before , and i got a hold of a few

i will get a hold of some CGI images that non of you have seen before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28741186_10212003664271596_675589178_n.jpg‎
Views:	239
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	10158   Click image for larger version

Name:	28829063_10212003772274296_160256470_n.jpg‎
Views:	194
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	10159   Click image for larger version

Name:	28907171_10212003833475826_454828900_n.jpg‎
Views:	186
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	10160   Click image for larger version

Name:	28908244_10212003781834535_1361935736_n.jpg‎
Views:	182
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	10161  
Old 2018-03-08, 03:03
the legend

Really cool of you to share this!

(So... originally Sendell had some tiny tits uh)

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2018-03-08, 06:52
Quetching a Mr.

Hah... Sendell looks like a teenage male. If I remember correctly, Sendell did have a chest, but it was mostly flat. I don't remember seeing nipples in any of the FMVs. If there were, they were rather faint.

I love the little art style that Didier has going on. It's Didier, right? Also, are those giant worms on the last picture? The only worms I remember were from AITD.

Either way, very cool. I look forward to the CGI images. Thanks for sharing.
Old 2018-03-08, 07:40
Look beyond reality.

These are great!
Loving the worm monster.
Old 2018-03-08, 15:25
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Nice stuff
Old 2018-03-09, 00:09
Magic Level: Red Ball

Nice !!
Old 2018-03-14, 22:53
Azor Ahai

Cool! I wonder how many of these are still unseen.
Old 2018-03-19, 18:58
Magic Ball Master

That's pretty amazing.
I like the one hitting the crab

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2018-04-12, 18:16

No one's gonna comment on the MASSIVE LBA3 spoilers in this concept art? Seriously, holy crap. This is the most info we've ever gotten on the plot in (literally) 20 years!

To sum it up:
-Sendell tells Twinsen the process that will spawn the Stellar Entity has begun and can't be stopped
-The planet's "transformation" would kill all inhabitants of Twinsun, therefore Twinsen must instruct Baldino to make a spaceship to evacuate the whole planet and return after the planet's transformation is finished
-In the mean time Sendell gives Twinsen the "key to the universe"

Thoughts?? It's mind blowing to finally get a sneak peek at LBA3. Kinda excited that I called the plot twist about the Stellar Entity's birth being a threat to Twinsun's inhabitants!
Old 2018-04-12, 18:51
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
No one's gonna comment on the MASSIVE LBA3 spoilers in this concept art? Seriously, holy crap. This is the most info we've ever gotten on the plot in (literally) 20 years!

To sum it up:
-Sendell tells Twinsen the process that will spawn the Stellar Entity has begun and can't be stopped
-The planet's "transformation" would kill all inhabitants of Twinsun, therefore Twinsen must instruct Baldino to make a spaceship to evacuate the whole planet and return after the planet's transformation is finished
-In the mean time Sendell gives Twinsen the "key to the universe"

Thoughts?? It's mind blowing to finally get a sneak peek at LBA3. Kinda excited that I called the plot twist about the Stellar Entity's birth being a threat to Twinsun's inhabitants!
I didn't understand french so...
Thanks for revealing these stuff!
I suppose these spoilers are the reasons "we havent seen before" any of these sketches, heh.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2018-04-12, 19:28

No problem! Sorry I got really excited, but it's incredible for me to see some actual LBA3 storyboards after so many years, even if we might never get the actual game.
Here's a transcript, I only superficially understand French so I used Google Translate to fill in the blanks:

PAGE 1
"Twinsen I have to find the plateau of Dino Flys somewhere in Hamalayi
I was told that I was the last descendant of the Dino Fly race, it's cool! I must make sure." (when he was captured he was in search of his kind)
Flap! Flap! Flap! "Huh, what ... the big what ?! ... Dino come back ... Dino ..."

Sendell's sword is very powerful ... it's perfect for close combat ... there are special moves, with the sword Twinsen divides his ball into 2/4/8

PAGE 2
"What are you doing here! Twinsen! The genesis of the stellar entity has begun. The process is irreversible. We must leave the planet and come back later. Twinsun will undergo a mutation to which the inhabitants would not survive! While waiting for your return I entrust to you the key of the universe. You will know how to make good use of it."
" ???(couldn't decypher the first word) Baldino friend we entrusted him with a mission: build an inter galactic shuttle capable of taking the whole population."
* Capture a couple of each monster
* The divinities will watch

Last edited by Lawrence; 2018-04-12 at 19:34.
Old 2018-04-12, 19:34
Magic Level: Green Ball

This sounds very interesting. I hope LBA3 is done and do not cancel it.
Old 2018-04-15, 12:23
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
I'm going to bet on the fact the population is evacuated to Zeelich. I mean, that sounds like the only sensible location to evacuate them to, given that the Twinsunians and Zeelichians are now friends as seen in the end of LBA 2, and Zeelich is now a paradise.
Old 2018-04-15, 17:38

Possibly. Honestly, it'd make sense if the Zeelichians helped with the evacuation, they have plenty of spaceships and are in debt with Twinsen. Also I've always thought it'd be cool if we saw some Zeelichian species living in Twinsun in LBA3 considering enough time has passed for Arthur to grow up to (I'm guessing) preteen
Old 2018-04-16, 00:09
the legend

So many revelations !! Keep'em coming, guys.