Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2020-12-01, 18:57
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Interesting discussion I had with Didier about LBA3...

So, without too much bla-bla, I'll just post the screenshot to a discussion I just had with Didier on his FB page (started by someone else's question though) about the overall costs needed in order to make LBA3 happen Please, DO share your thoughts!!! Maybe who knows, things can really get rolling if there's a way to come up with the money...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LBA3 costs.jpg‎
Views:	175
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	10332  
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Quetch; 2020-12-01 at 21:53. Reason: Corrected title
Old 2020-12-02, 12:40
Neko

let nintendo do it.

or disney

4 milion....that would be hard to kickstart
Old 2020-12-03, 06:56
Gee, it's been a while.

$4 Million doesn't seem that much for a AA game, to be honest. But yes, I agree that it is too much for Kickstarter nowadays, especially given that LBA is quite niche. Nice to see that Didier is active on FB though. Did you talk to him about anything else?
Old 2020-12-03, 12:26
Twinsunian Quetch

Uhmm not in this session at least, nope, just this topic. About a kickstarter of course, it's not even an option, but I was thinking it's not that much for a gamedev studio that's probably looking for new titles to embark on.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Quetch; 2020-12-03 at 13:14.
Old 2020-12-06, 00:01
Gee, it's been a while.

Hmm maybe. I don't know much about game development, but I don't think there are too many game devs out there who are looking to develop a game based on someone else's IP unless doing so comes with funding or maybe the promise of really substantial sales. I could be wrong about that, though.
Old 2020-12-06, 19:00
Magic Level: Fire Ball

He should develop it in Hungary, it would cost much less, given the salaries here
Old 2020-12-13, 22:17
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

So, it is only a question of money! I am reasured this is not something held back by rights and development politics!

Now... 4 million dollars... this ain't cheap... Even the Angry Video Game Nerd had to struggle to get 325,000 dollars to fund his indie movie.
Old 2020-12-14, 12:11
Twinsunian Quetch

yep, but those 4M are justified as being spent for the salaries of 20-25 people over 2 years. I really don't know if indeed they need that many. I mean don't get me wrong, it could pretty well be that they need 100 people, but I still think the cost could go down. Now of course on the other hand we also don't want a cheap, rushed version of LBA3 that would ruin our experience so... very hard to tell :/
Old 2020-12-22, 23:23
Magic Ball Master

4M is actually not much for 2 years with a team of 25 people. If they have details in development, which easily happens for a 2 year project, they can come short.

Marketing usually takes a huge chunk of it, so if they want to promote the game, they will need a bit more just for marketing purposes.

I guess we all should start playing Euromillions...

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2020-12-31, 04:36
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
4 millions is probably much more than they would possibly gain in sales, let's be honest.
I'm sure there are still many active lba fans out there, but how much will it cost in marketing to reach them again? How many of them still play games? And how many would spend 70$ for a sequel of a 23 ears old videogame?

But Desperados 3 came out this year and I bought it full price. Who am I to judge.